What SAK are ya totin' today?

On vacation for the next two weeks. Taking this crew along with me for the trip.
78-E7-F5-E4-819-C-4539-89-FE-DC8-E6-F9-A36-DA.jpg

I had the black Pioneer for quite a while but decided to change up to the Pioneer X. So, I cleaned and crisped up the screw driver tips and oiled the joints and packed it up to send into work with a friend to pass it along to yet another friend that has taken care of me by saving discarded cardboard boxes as he is building our equipment, which I repurpose to ship out stuff. I had retired at the end of June this year so I wouldn't probably see this fellow directly, but through a mutual friend that also works there and lives out by me. He recently dropped off a bag of boxes for me so that gave me the incentive to gift that knife too him. He was quite touched by the gift and as a hard working mechanic type guy, I know he will be happy to have it at hand.

Here's my Pioneer X with a bobtail fob, I had changed out the large keyring to a smaller diameter one which works better when using it.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

I had tried the Pioneer X once a while back but I don't think I gave it a real shot, here's to it hanging around longer :)
G2

I had the black Pioneer for quite a while but decided to change up to the Pioneer X. So, I cleaned and crisped up the screw driver tips and oiled the joints and packed it up to send into work with a friend to pass it along to yet another friend that has taken care of me by saving discarded cardboard boxes as he is building our equipment, which I repurpose to ship out stuff. I had retired at the end of June this year so I wouldn't probably see this fellow directly, but through a mutual friend that also works there and lives out by me. He recently dropped off a bag of boxes for me so that gave me the incentive to gift that knife too him. He was quite touched by the gift and as a hard working mechanic type guy, I know he will be happy to have it at hand.

Here's my Pioneer X with a bobtail fob, I had changed out the large keyring to a smaller diameter one which works better when using it.

<snip>

I had tried the Pioneer X once a while back but I don't think I gave it a real shot, here's to it hanging around longer :)
G2

I'm sure your friend will appreciate the knife! :cool:

I'm not sure if I'll end up liking the X, it's tipping the scales of "too thick" for me these days and I'm not using the scissors as much as I thought I might. Time will tell.

Pic thread - different (recycled) shot of the Swiss Army 1 in pocket today.
original.jpg

Thanks and that was my reasoning of going back to a plain Pioneer the last time, thickness, but in handling this one today, I think I will like it and I do use my scissors on my Executive model a lot so this I figured would be helpful as well.
G2

Roadtrip? Have a great time mate.

Thanks Dan. We actually flew to Milwaukee WI, then the road trip starts. Headed to a buddies lake cabin near the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for a few days, then to the southern part of the state to stay with Dad. I had rented a luxury car because it was significantly cheaper than anything else. When we arrived at the airport it was a ghost town. They had us down for some fancy BMW, but they offered us a Toyota Sequoia or a Jeep Gladiator truck. My daughter said Jeep, so we can take the roof off. I’m actually surprised how smooth it rides. I don’t see us using the 4 wheel drive at all but it’ll be fun to poke around in....oh, with pocket knives tooo_O

Here's my Executive and Pioneer X, the Executive I have had the longest of any knife I've owned, and the leather slip sheath shows years of carry :) I just made the slip sheath for the Pioneer X to help keep the dust bunnies at bay.

G2

Back