What SAK are ya totin' today?

9cnl6al.jpg

Whenever we go for a quick run in the ute I get my boy to choose a knife quickly and more often than not he chooses this one.

Thanks again Jim :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dan, if you ever misplace it just check his roomo_O

Nice 18 James, I have the same and like it a lot. I was on the fence at first about the lock but it grew on me:thumbsup:

I just rec'd this white Tinker with PS (Polispectral) coating and like it as well:) it's much darker in person than the pictures indicate., more like the corkscrew appears.
1LjcjG.jpg

FM9kVb.jpg

ND Winter sunset off my deck:)
AH26Ge.jpg
Like a heavy baseball bat to warm up with, carrying an evo 18 for a little while makes my evo 16 seem light in the pocket.
I've been eyeing those PS coated Tinkers Paul... I like. Cool that you have one! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Speaking of cool, that's a nice shot of a beautiful ND sunset. Looks a bit like Michigan does today, a lot of white. :) Great weather for pheasant hunting!
Have you seen the price of ammo lately? My hobby dollars for this month are pretty much gone... I bought a cartridge. ;););)
Hope you have a great week my friend.

I always like that Huntsman. I'm curious how you carry it with the longer lanyard. Is it hanging out of your pocket?
Thanks mate, when I'm done with my knife I kinda coil up the lanyard and stick it my left pocket with the knot sticking out a bit
ZghtTzr.jpg
OJgLVxt.jpg

I'm always putting my knife in a different place each day, the lanyard is reflective which I find super helpful. A quick flash around with a bright torch and it sticks out and it's easily found. Below is my best effort to take a photo of the reflective qualities.
ZjRYIIt.jpg

I try to work at night as much as possible to beat our summer heat hear in Australia.
44°c tomorrow (111°f).

Thanks mate, when I'm done with my knife I kinda coil up the lanyard and stick it my left pocket with the knot sticking out a bit
ZghtTzr.jpg
OJgLVxt.jpg

I'm always putting my knife in a different place each day, the lanyard is reflective which I find super helpful. A quick flash around with a bright torch and it sticks out and it's easily found. Below is my best effort to take a photo of the reflective qualities.
ZjRYIIt.jpg

I try to work at night as much as possible to beat our summer heat hear in Australia.
44°c tomorrow (111°f).

Thank you. Don't work too hard, bro.

I just got this SwissQlip in the mail and I'm going to spend some time seeing how I like it. It's major flaw is that you need a tool (like the toothpick, for example) to remove the tweezers with this thing installed. Aside from that it seems like a reasonably good design but I'm not sure what I think of it just yet. Fortunately, I can remove it if I don't like it with no damage to the SAK.
View attachment 1482394
View attachment 1482410
giphy.gif
Just checking in Rick to see how your liking the clip? I didn't keep mine on my SAK long, so if you are still using it then maybe I need to revisito_O:)

Just checking in Rick to see how your liking the clip? I didn't keep mine on my SAK long, so if you are still using it then maybe I need to revisito_O:)
It just had too many issues, Paul. I didn't throw it in the garbage but I'm not using it anymore. My main gripe is that the slot at the top of the clip is too narrow. I wear jeans almost exclusively and that slot is not designed for the thickness of denim.

I had to force the clip to slide into place and it felt like I was pulling my pants down just trying to get it clipped onto my jeans. I can handle not being able to access the tweezers with my fingers but I found that I couldn't get the parcel hook open either without using another tool. The little nub at the end of the hook that's used to get it open butts right up against the clip housing and I can't get to it with my fingers.

I don't particularly like the supplied Phillips head screw either. I think it should be a torx.

One thing that I did like about it is that unlike most SAK pocket clips, if I didn't like it I could remove it without damage to the SAK.

Last edited:
Back