What SAK are ya totin' today?

yUNEAKu.jpg

This one today

Dadpool

Gold Member
The Compact today. :) I've been carrying SAKs pretty much my whole life, but have only approached them as a knife enthusiast over the past few years. One of the benefits has been figuring out which tools I use most on a day-to-day basis, and the Compact is the slimmest 91mm SAK that combines my six most-used tools: scissors, nail file, pin, tweezers, toothpick, main blade.

It also has a pleasing mix of other tools, especially with Plus scales and the eyeglasses screwdriver. Not to mention the ingenious combo tool and the nail file being situated on the back of the hook! Such a clever model.

Rh0hpyp.jpg

TheArab

Basic Member
The Compact today. :) I've been carrying SAKs pretty much my whole life, but have only approached them as a knife enthusiast over the past few years. One of the benefits has been figuring out which tools I use most on a day-to-day basis, and the Compact is the slimmest 91mm SAK that combines my six most-used tools: scissors, nail file, pin, tweezers, toothpick, main blade.

It also has a pleasing mix of other tools, especially with Plus scales and the eyeglasses screwdriver. Not to mention the ingenious combo tool and the nail file being situated on the back of the hook! Such a clever model.

Rh0hpyp.jpg
I wanted to ask you for a pic of that nail file, then looked it up. Thanks for including details.

Surprised there's no mention of the file on Vic spec sheet, I think it's an important detail.

mitch13

Gold Member
I wanted to ask you for a pic of that nail file, then looked it up. Thanks for including details.

Surprised there's no mention of the file on Vic spec sheet, I think it's an important detail.
Might be just an oversight, as they didn't always have the file. I have an older compact no file.

Dadpool

Gold Member

Here's a picture of the Compact file. I just got this and as other's have said it's pretty good.
lpT9ciB.jpg
I came back to post a pic of the file, which I should have done in the first place after talking it up -- and now I see Bloefield has already done a bang-up job of it. :) Since I already took the pic, I'm gonna share it anyway. ;)

+1 for the file working quite well, too. You lose out on the nail cleaner (which I rarely use), but gain the ability to use the file without even opening the tool.

7BLBvjY.jpg