What Schrade knife do you have?

Well, I have three Schrade models that I use for work and non-work carry.

1. 470T Beast Lockblade (work carry),

2. 430T Pocket Beast Lockblade w/pocket clip
(original serrations on part of the blade),
and
3. 430T Pocket Beast Lockblade w/pocket clip
(had the serrations taken off of the blade, only has
a honed edge now)

For the quality, you just can't beat the price. When I first bought the larger version, not only was it easy to sharpen, but I loved the solid lock, handle grip, and curve on the blade. However, when I saw that a smaller version had been produced I immediately bought one and used it for non-work carry. I had the serrations on that first Pocket Beast taken off, turning it into a honed edge only. (Okay, big mistake) Even though the honed edge was good as a pocket knife, I came to find that I occasionally needed the serrated edge and purchased a second Pocket Beast.

:) I am very happy with these knives, as they do what I need of them, and yet I didn't have to cut off my right arm to buy them.

The first good knife I ever got was a 3 1/2"
Schrade Stockman marked USA 895. My grandmother
gave it to me in about 1969, after seeing
me admiring my granddad's knife. Back then
you could buy a good knife in a western wear
store...

I also have:

89OT Blazer, 4" stockman with serated sheepfoot
and
34OT Middleman stockman

These Knives define "Pocket Knife" for me.

Currently I have a 94OT and a 834UH. I use both of them for small game and bird hunting. One of the best knives for everyday carry is the 807UH Junior. I had one for a long time but lost it about a year ago.

The first knife I ever owned was a Schrade 125OT. I bought it when I was 12y/o (I'm 41y/o now) and still use it to field dress dear mostly. It is well used but still as solid as a rock. I also have a 171UH,a 152 sharp finger, a 194OT, and I just bought a 34OT the other say for pocket carry.

My memory doesn't go back far enough to know the model Schrade I still carry, but I believe it's a "trapper" since I bought it back in the '60's while in high school & trapping muskrat. It has 3 blades, the longest only 2 3/4". I carried this knife while I was in the Army in the '70's & still use almost everyday. No complaints from me on wear & tear! Great little knife.

Just added a Schrade Walden 880 large stockman I got off E-bay not too long ago. Great knife! It has a little wiggle to the main blade, but it's not going to be a day to day user. the jugged delrin handles look great, for a working knife. Schrade should bring this style of handle back.

Love my schrade knives.

I'm carrying a 285UH, early version, before schrade+ was stamped on the tang. A great cutter, holds an edge well.
I also have an older 897UH from before schrade+ stamp. got em both at a flea market.
77OT muskrat. great knife with two very thin clip blades. easy to get razor sharp.
bearhead trapper.

F_M

I have a Schrade ToughTool and am waiting on a SCSDH1 ( D'Holder Millennium Edition )...not sure if it will be used or just looked upon..gave my father an Uncle Henry, but he lost it. Take Care, rdogout

For 3 or 4 years, I keep coming back to the Cliphanger CH7 partially serrated, it opens so easily, steel isn't bad,and best of all when they took it from me at the airport in France, I only had a small fit, came back home and bought another one for $20!

Mike
Winchester VA

great news! my D Holder Millenium knife has arrived! What a beauty! It is number 3xx and has the First Production Run etching on blade. Nice job, Schrade! Kudos to SMKW, also. rdogout

I have an 80T Stockman, an Uncle Henry King Ranch Stockman, and my first fixed blade knife. This fixed blade knife is about 45 years old and was my Boy Scout knife. It says "Bowie Hunter" on the sheath.

I've carried a tiny Uncle Henry lockback on my keychain for about 10 years. One of the scales split so I need to fix that.

It's impossible to get an edge on it. (Stainless).

My other knives are Case but I am unhappy with the inability to find out the blade composition. Some sharpen and hold an edge well, others don't, yet they all are "Tru-Sharp Surgical STeel".

After reading many posts here I just bought a 60T Golden Bear and a 340T Middleman on eBay. Both are high carbon steel according to the seller.

I had a big OT lockback that was recently stolen. It honed up to scary sharp. I hope the bastard that stole it slices himself with it!

Here are some you do not usually see and certainly not all of the patterns but, I thought you might enjoy them. The left case is a period Schrade Walden case which was similiar to the one in the Candy store ( tackle shop ) combination that I used to go into as a kid in Walden. By the way the knives are in NEW old stock condition and aside from the top left knife ( fishing toothpick early staglon SS blade ) are all in original jigged bone, MOP, or Cell and yes also aside from that knife are in original carbon. I have a case for the delrin jigged bone versions these however are the real deal. The case in the middle has various Schrade Comms and atrifacts. ULSTER OLD TIMER Tobacco offer ect. The case on the right are all Schrade cut and mostly also are in NEW OLD stock condition. YOU can do alot if you are old and started young. Sorry the pics are not better.

Remember the story of the two bulls a young one and an old one eyeing a herd of cows ( well the story is a bit ribald so I won't tell the ending) but the reason I mention it is if you take you time and want to you can own them all. Good Hunting Lt

Stockmans:

I have 7 Uncle Henry stockmans in all 4 sizes, including an 897UH that has been EDC since 1976, an old OT similar to the 897UH in Schrade+ steel, also have an 895. Used to have a couple other Hi-C since the 60´s, but gave them away.

Lockbacks:

LB3, LB7 (this one from 1978), 3OT, 5OT, a couple of the plastic handled lightweights, don´t remember the model rigt now (SP??), same sizes as the 3OT and 5OT (larger one I added a thumbstud).

Fixed blades:

Used to have a Sharpfinger (from the mid 70´s I believe), but lost it.

Edited for content (had forgotten one).

Back