What SPECIFICALLY in knife advertising annoys you?

I don't get the whole special forces/military association. For collectors I can understand wanting to buy an issued item with a well documented historical association, but, in general those in the military are less likely to know anything relevant with respect to knives. Most of them tend to be young, they have a logistic support train that far exceeds anything available to the average joe, many don't even carry knives or they carry whatever limited piece of junk they are issued or allowed to carry. The average member here has much more experience with a wide variety of knives and likely decades of additional experience doing what real people, including those in Military/Spec Ops, do with knives...that is opening mail, cutting cords, trimming small sticks, cleaning game, filleting fish, and occasionally cutting oneself.

n2s
I laughed.... Hard

When they play up features that are meaningless or actually make the knife less useful. Think Mantis advertisement.

By adverting, I'm defining it here to include the information on a dealer or manufacturer's website. I don't like it when I don't get full, accurate, updated, and clear technical specs. I find myself going back and forth from the manufacturer's site to the dealers noting descriptions that could be for completely different knife models. Otherwise, the more bs fluff the advertising copy the less motivation I have to continue reading about the knife.

My biggest issue with Kershaw is that they don't include blade thickness in their specs.

Back