What Spydie do you have on the way???

Is the CC numbered part important to you? Just wondering.

I like the numbered for ones that I plan on keeping in my collection and not using. I already have a Delica and Manbug that are users. The un-numbered super blue Manbug might be a user.

The collector's numbered are more rare, right? It sure does look purdy in the photos at any rate. This photo was focus stacked from 4 different photos.

orange-delica-1.jpg

I like the numbered for ones that I plan on keeping in my collection and not using. I already have a Delica and Manbug that are users. The un-numbered super blue Manbug might be a user.

The collector's numbered are more rare, right? It sure does look purdy in the photos at any rate. This photo was focus stacked from 4 different photos.

orange-delica-1.jpg

Amazing photo!

I personally prefer no number and have a few knives I've purchased second hand that I wish I could trade for no number, looks cleaner. I think unless you have a full run of a model and it's exclusives/sprints all in the same number, it doesn't really add any value or desirability. Just means you got a knife that someone in the club or a retailer with a club membership doesn't want.

I'd just like to take a moment to... complain, about the fact that it is 1838 local, and there is still no sign of the mail man whom, according to usps tracking, had been driving around with my super blue endura since 1019. I know yesterday was a holiday and so he's got extra packages, but I'm only so patient!

Super blue Stretch just came today. Here's a photo with the numbered Stretch blue ZDP-189. Two Stretch blues!

Yeah, I hear what you are saying SpeedHoles. The numbered do seem to command a slightly higher price. At least I paid a slightly higher price LOL. For me I like that it's a little rarer and think they look better in the photos. Do you think I'd have a harder time unloading them if I ever need the money. I don't want the numbered if they are actually worth less or take longer to sell.

stretch-twins.jpg

And here's another one of that orange Delica with its friend. The black Delica has seen more use than anything in my collection. I like the orange more than I thought I would.

orange-black.jpg

Super blue Stretch just came today. Here's a photo with the numbered Stretch blue ZDP-189. Two Stretch blues!

Yeah, I hear what you are saying SpeedHoles. The numbered do seem to command a slightly higher price. At least I paid a slightly higher price LOL. For me I like that it's a little rarer and think they look better in the photos. Do you think I'd have a harder time unloading them if I ever need the money. I don't want the numbered if they are actually worth less or take longer to sell.

stretch-twins.jpg

And here's another one of that orange Delica with its friend. The black Delica has seen more use than anything in my collection. I like the orange more than I thought I would.

orange-black.jpg

Love those pairs! :thumbup:

It's all up to personal perception as to if those numbers on the blade add value or not.
Despite whether I say it is worth more money or not, you just showed that there are people searching for them and willing to pay more, so that justifies why resellers may raise the cost and see if anyone bites.
I haven't been on these forums for very long, but aside from you, I don't really recall off the top of my head seeing many others really hunting specifically for the knives with numbers on the blades.

But regardless, any of those early dark blue FRN ZDP-189 knives are worth quite a bit more than their current british racing green counterparts.

Love those pairs! :thumbup:

It's all up to personal perception as to if those numbers on the blade add value or not.
Despite whether I say it is worth more money or not, you just showed that there are people searching for them and willing to pay more, so that justifies why resellers may raise the cost and see if anyone bites.
I haven't been on these forums for very long, but aside from you, I don't really recall off the top of my head seeing many others really hunting specifically for the knives with numbers on the blades.

But regardless, any of those early dark blue FRN ZDP-189 knives are worth quite a bit more than their current british racing green counterparts.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm trying to take my blog and my photography to the next level, and having some really good subject matter like these Spydies really helps.

This one took two hours because the first attempt, I messed up the lighting and tried in vain to fix it. Finally made a second attempt, which turned out flawless but had a white dog hair on the Manbug. The third attempt was 8 photos and I'm still not sure it was as good as the second one. But the gray came out pretty accurate.

The numbered Manbug should be here tomorrow, that that will make another pair. And then I have a 2015 Forum Native on the way.

sb-twins.jpg

Got me an Endura HAP40/SUS 410 on the way and Im stoked. Really looking forward to this arriving, it will take a few weeks to get here but Im sure it will be worth the wait.

Been a busy few weeks. Received the Para Military 2, the Chaparral and the Caly 3 and now just ordered the Southard Positron. I'm starting to think I may have a problem ...

Got a Southard incoming, doing my part to help out with the recent overpopulation of them on the exchange.

Back