What Spydie do you have on the way???

Caly3 ZDP, anyone able to PM me with a source for replacement scales? Sketchen doesn't do this knife because it's pinned...

Nobody makes off-the-shelf replacement scales for those since they are pinned construction.
You'll have to find a craftsman that does deal with pinned construction knives (maybe seek out people who work on custom SAKs...? Just a guess).
What is wrong with your Caly?

Oh, and I've never been more excited to say I've got some knives flying through the air toward me! Got a HAP40 Endura and Delica! :D

Nothing wrong, I really like ZDP for an edc but don't particularly care for carbon fiber, figured it would be a nice knife to get custom scales for, probably in micarta, I'll ask around in the appropriate subforum once I actually have it in hand.

Nothing wrong, I really like ZDP for an edc but don't particularly care for carbon fiber, figured it would be a nice knife to get custom scales for, probably in micarta, I'll ask around in the appropriate subforum once I actually have it in hand.

I hear you. I'm a little burnt out on carbon fiber, and not only for knives.
Fine Micarta on a Caly would be sublime. :D

Has it been modded by him? I've been tossing around getting him to work on a Slysz Bowie for me... Details brotha!!!

No custom work done on it. He re-profiled the edge to 15dps with a 20dps micro bevel. I was considering getting some bronze ano work done on it but I want to see how it is stock. I've never held one in person yet.

I saw a youtube vid where they had done some bronze ano and it looked amazing! I'm really excited to get this one, I'm guessing I'll get it thursday or friday. It has been on my want list for a looong time!

this last year i have ordered a bunch of spyderco's,just about ready to give the chris reeve sabenza 21 a go!just to switch things up a bit.:rolleyes: i gave this some thought! and have a domino inbound,i can always save a little longer for the sabenza 21 !

Last edited:
Sage 2. Pretty exciting, though wondering if I should have gone with the Domino instead, seeing as I already carry a small CRK insingo. I'll give it a try and see how I like it, can always sell it if not my cup of tea.

ordered the burnt orange HAP40 Delica 4 from Blade HQ today! wondering what else to order from amongst all the upcoming Spydercos ... burnt orange HAP40 Stretch? Dark blue Manix2 in S110V? Jade G-10 Para 2 in M4?

Back