What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

sunknife

Gold Member
Black friday knives today. Schrade Granddads Old Timer stockman and a snappy little Boker Barlow that was a surprise gift from John DF. Who doesn't love a surprise? :D:)
btw; if you don't already have a John DF knife slip, get in the Sept. give away. You'll love it if you win one.
friday - 1.jpeg

Sacto

Basic Member
Eureka jack today. The little coping blade is handy for cutting open bags of salt.

OZDvebX.jpg

Jack Black

Gold Member
TGIF! Had a Doctor's appointment yesterday for a blood workup. Checked out AOK! Was scheduled for my yearly Dermatologist check up at 1:00 today. They called to reschedule at 10:30. Didn't hurt my feelings none!
I'm gonna go find some BBQ to celebrate! Thanks for the idea @r8shell!
I'll have these along with me. I think the Giant Mouse might like to help me tuck into some BBQ!
bfgltXK.jpg
Glad to hear the doc's went OK Gary, two great-looking knives there buddy :) :thumbsup:
Big Knife of the Week is a Cold Steel Kudu:
View attachment 1641836
Watch your fingers Rude Boy! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Jack!!! :)

Two marvelous beauties both having amazing covers; the Queen "scratted bone" is certainly a uniquely cool calling card of theirs! :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I started the day with these two and they are still in my pocket. :)
Thank you kindly JJ, what a cool-looking pair, I hope you got to do some whittling :) :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend folks :) Got my Hartshead Barlow with me today, and my Jorgencraft Viking Knife :thumbsup:

wajNngM.jpg

uoxi5wB.jpg

5K Qs

Gold Member
I carry today this F. Cangueiro in bovine horn.
Heavenly horn, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

sunknife sunknife gave me the inspiration to drag an old gun out of the pits today ;)

Au9e2Lj.jpg
Ravishing royalty, Will! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT.
It is a Jens Anso designed Cox Slim slipjoint. Maybe a tiny bit modern looking, but it's got a fully hollowed blade and is an incredible slicer. I think I'll carry it again today, along with an ebony pair for Wooden Wednesday.
VRoLrgv.jpg
Thanks for the info on the Böker, and for the evocative ebony equal-enders! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

So much utility that I feel hollow if at the end of the day, I have not needed to utilize all that utility.:eek:😞
But I just know that the one time I am not prepared will be the time I really need it.😏

If the Leatherman lives in the bathroom because that’s where it gets used, I don’t need to know any details. 🤔 😧
It's useful to have some utility "in the bank" at the end of the day.
The Leatherman gets some use in the bathroom, but it mainly "lives" there because I can always find it there; my wife doesn't pile anything on the counter behind/over the toilet, so the tool doesn't get buried like it might in almost any other location. o_O

Thanks Gary! Yeah, gotta love that subtle blade etch! 🙄🤣
Great knives Gary, I love my little #6. 😊👍
That's a level of subtlety I actually notice! :rolleyes:
Thanks, Todd; after my ill-advised mod, my "little" Opinel #6 is even smaller. 🤓

I always enjoy seeing that Pioneer Gary, it oozes charm and character :) Nice choices :thumbsup:
Nice to see that SAK two weeks in a row. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack and John; I wish I could be more like my Pioneer!
:thumbsup:

I should start looking for examples of those classic old brands. :cool::cool::thumbsup:

As a matter of fact, it was your tortoise mini canoe which got me interested in watching for tortoise shell in the first place. Thanks - I think. ;) I’m carrying my new canoe again today (along with the ubiquitous Cadet.)
Glad I could have some influence! 🤓:cool::cool:

That is a sensational knife, probably in my top 5 favorite GEC models!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

It's a #93 Ram Foot carry today. Staying home today and resting up for a big bowl of chili and cheese with onions on the side lunch tomorrow at the Wagon Wheel Cafe.

View attachment 1640518
Handsome knife, ED, and I got excited thinking about your chili lunch! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I was sad when I read in a later post that you weren't able to get out for chili.:(

View attachment 1640529 View attachment 1640530

Totin’ the original Red Bone made when they did things right.
That's a beauty, LT, that looks like you got it straight from the factory yesterday! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: How old is it really, and how much does it cost to rent a time machine??🤓

Thanks. I love the thing, and this is how it was made. Somebody else around here has one, and knows the name. I have, of course, forgotten.
[Found it. It looks like it was @tongueriver who said it was called a "muskie".]
5K Qs 5K Qs -
Muskie might be short for muskrat, though my first thought was muskelounge.
However that fish is spelled.
But it did come with one long clip and one short.
Thanks for digging out that additional info, Jer; I can see why you're enthralled with yours! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Treating myself to a double lambsfoot carry today. :)
Your double lambs are definitely a treat, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Camillus Sword Brand Jack and a #23

lCAtVNW.jpg
Good wood, Steve; that equal-end jack is excellent! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

You sure post nice knives, including this vintage Case pair! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I'll be out early in the morning tomorrow, with a humble Bexoid Big 'Un, and a #66 Stockman gifted to me by my pal @Campbellclanman :) :thumbsup:
Diverse duo, Jack; really like the looks of the Bexoid lamb! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I grabbed a fat spear to carry today as well. A newer S&M from around 2015-16, along with a Calf Roper in the pocket.

View attachment 1640816
Good-looking wood on your 66, Greg! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

2020 Mini Trapper with CV blades and Chestnut jigged bone covers...I love it!!!
What a jewel, Paul! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Case chestnut jigged bone is outstanding IMHO.

- GT

Amir Fleschwund

Gold Member
We had a thunderstorm roll through last evening which first shook some leaves off the walnut trees, and then blessed us with a nice rain. And I fell asleep to the sound of a second blessing of light rain.
So my gardens, trees, and grass are happy this morning.
Manny is happy as always. He loves to go out with me to take my knife photos. D99F487E-4038-4069-8772-F205234FD645.jpeg It’s kind of our routine. And this dog makes me happy. He was my late son’s. He brought him home as a wee pup in late ‘16. And after he passed away the following July, Manny clung to me hard. Never in my life had a dog so dedicated and bonded. 4BB39B1D-E0C9-4439-9D86-1446003997DE.jpeg And even though my happiness doesn’t come from material things, a decent guitar, good knives, and a cup of strong black coffee let me know life is good today. BCE67F87-FB41-491A-B178-B4D5FD7BD16F.jpeg So y’all have a happy day now!

JohnDF

Gold Member

JohnDF

Gold Member
My wife is a high-up muckety muck in her school district.
As such, she needs to attend different events at her district's schools.
Because I like spending time with her, and watching football, I make her sign up for the football games.
I especially enjoy it when it is at one of the little mountain towns. Small hometown football games are a lot of fun.
Last night we went early, stopped at the local market that has a grill, ate dinner outside and enjoyed the wonderful view.

I'm really enjoying the Case Wharncliffe Mini Trapper gifted to me by Todd bigfish64 bigfish64 , I think it's staying in the pocket again today...

bigfish64

Gold Member
Such a cool photo baxtrom. 😎👍
We had a thunderstorm roll through last evening which first shook some leaves off the walnut trees, and then blessed us with a nice rain. And I fell asleep to the sound of a second blessing of light rain.
So my gardens, trees, and grass are happy this morning.
Manny is happy as always. He loves to go out with me to take my knife photos. View attachment 1642519 It’s kind of our routine. And this dog makes me happy. He was my late son’s. He brought him home as a wee pup in late ‘16. And after he passed away the following July, Manny clung to me hard. Never in my life had a dog so dedicated and bonded. View attachment 1642534 And even though my happiness doesn’t come from material things, a decent guitar, good knives, and a cup of strong black coffee let me know life is good today. View attachment 1642518 So y’all have a happy day now!
Great post Jeff, I’m with ya on the knives and coffee. I don’t know a thing about playing guitar but I sure love listening to those that do.😉👍
My wife is a high-up muckety muck in her school district.
As such, she needs to attend different events at her district's schools.
Because I like spending time with her, and watching football, I make her sign up for the football games.
I especially enjoy it when it is at one of the little mountain towns. Small hometown football games are a lot of fun.
Last night we went early, stopped at the local market that has a grill, ate dinner outside and enjoyed the wonderful view.

I'm really enjoying the Case Wharncliffe Mini Trapper gifted to me by Todd bigfish64 bigfish64 , I think it's staying in the pocket again today...

Looks like a great evening John, glad to see you’re enjoying the mini. 😊👍