What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I tied up my punal in a sock to protect it in my toolbox, and forgot to bring it.
ddW81kB.jpg

That RR looks like it has aged nicely :) Nicely paired with the Heritage Jack :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. :thumbsup: The RR got a dye treatment by me to give the bone that mottled look.
I like how you started your day earlier, black coffee and Black Friday knives. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Same two for me as yesterday, pile side pic for today.
View attachment 1647129

Watchpocket Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider amber jigged bone canittler:
ambercanittler.mark.3open.flat.chair.jpg

Big Knife of the Week is a RR one-arm trapper:
razortrapper.ott.closed.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is an Imperial serpentine jack that my wife's father used to carry and gave to her when he got a new knife. She put it at my place at the kitchen table on a day in January 2014, and it got me re-interested in pocket knives, led me to Blade Forums, and inspired me to buy a couple of hundred other folding pocket knives!
imp.serp.mark.Vmain.wallet.sun.jpg

- GT

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund - that Old Timer sure landed in the right pocket - so glad its a good knife for you. I’m carrying a 2000 Case 6225-1/2 SS today, the first modern (post mid-80’s) Case knife I ever bought. For me this is the real “Peanut” the smallest size knife I‘ll carry as my only pocketknife. OH
Case-6225-1-2-SS-MFG-2000.jpg
:thumbsup:It’s a beaut, Bruce, for sure. I had hoped to test it out on a catfish or two today, but the catfish were not interested.
Hey Jeff, thanks for the info. I had considered that in the past, but then another knife came in, and then another… and, well, I never did anything about it. I may get back to it at some point, but I had some concern at the time about how much I’d need to drop it to keep my fingers safe.

Strangely, I carried that same knife for quite a few months without incident, but then had the two mishaps one right after the other. Bottom line is user error, I probably should just be more careful what direction I drop it in my pocket!
Sure, Matt.
I have done it on a couple of older knives (my Granddad’s) that due to sharpening loss, had the tip riding proud of the handles. It’s probably designed for us to do that as blades wear.
You make a couple clean strokes with a sharp file, test, and repeat until the tip is in safely. Doesn’t take a lot.

But don’t blame yourself~ it is not user error. Somebody skipped a step in making it.

Back