What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This looks PERFECT. What is the style of knife called? That's a spearpoint blade, right? And the handle style?
Thank you very much !!
That’s my 2018 spear Tidioute 15 bail&chain knife in green linen micarta.
My BF handle… and un———chained of course!!
Great pairing, Jeff!👍👍

You got all the bases covered with that fine looking trio, Gary!😃👍

Such a capable single bladed knife, sure are worthy of daily regular carry!
Love the blue thread you used on your slip, John!🤠👍 really killing it with those slips my friend!

Great looking pocket-O-Knives Todd!😎👍

A true friend in a time of distress! Yourva good man, Jeff!

Carried these two today...
mhfoBGr.jpeg
Good to see you Dennis !!
Sweet sweet pairing :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great Kabar, Gus! Looks quite capable.
Thank you kindly Jeff, it certainly is !!

Thought about changing it up. There's a newish Case humpback sitting there and a couple of pretty blue alox SAK's, but they'll just have to wait. I like this single blade 86 much better than my two blades 86's. The two blades are just a big hunk of pocket knife. Once I get into something that heavy/bulky, I generally switch to non-traditional or a Buck 112. Maybe a Leatherman. Its a little astonishing how much difference a blade makes. Controversy be damned - this is an extremely nice pocket knife nod.gif
Also, 👍👍👍 to those who voted hemlock. Love the color 😍
SSBarlow10.JPG

This one just arrived,I will start cleaning it up in a minute and sharpen its blunt.

I like it its thinner than some makes,the bails good and I prefer the bolster.

I haven't had a bolster like that before it gives you a little channel for a alternative grip.

Last edited:
Peanutish knife this week is a Case chestnut jigged bone CV Swayback Jack (thanks, Paul):
View attachment 1665155- GT
That is a beautiful Swayback Jack Gary!
😎👍
Can it get much better? 😊👍
So many nice knives and photos, everybody. :thumbsup:
Had our first frost, a light one, but it’s coming!
It’s not going to hurt a lot in my garden, as most of what I still have growing is cold tolerant, but the last straggling cherry tomatoes and cucumbers might be done.

And I suppose I’d better bring in all those peppers that are out there.

Frost on the Lamb Ear...View attachment 1665202I picked a new pocket mate for BF Barlow. I cannot go too many days without a TL-29.
View attachment 1665201And the Victorinox that I mistakenly called a Wenger recently.View attachment 1665203Have a pretty decent day!
We basically live in the woods so it’s very difficult to find enough sunlight for a vegetable garden, so I really enjoy your garden shots Jeff. 😎👍
It's Friday, I'm celebrating with one of my favorites.
A knife worthy of its own celebration! 😊👍
Thought about changing it up. There's a newish Case humpback sitting there and a couple of pretty blue alox SAK's, but they'll just have to wait. I like this single blade 86 much better than my two blades 86's. The two blades are just a big hunk of pocket knife. Once I get into something that heavy/bulky, I generally switch to non-traditional or a Buck 112. Maybe a Leatherman. Its a little astonishing how much difference a blade makes. Controversy be damned - this is an extremely nice pocket knife View attachment 1665232
Also, 👍👍👍 to those who voted hemlock. Love the color 😍
View attachment 1665231
Great shot Mike, captures all the good stuff! 😎👍

That is a beautiful Swayback Jack Gary!
😎👍

Can it get much better? 😊👍

We basically live in the woods so it’s very difficult to find enough sunlight for a vegetable garden, so I really enjoy your garden shots Jeff. 😎👍

A knife worthy of its own celebration! 😊👍

Great shot Mike, captures all the good stuff! 😎👍
Thanks Todd :)

Back