What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I enjoyed putting scales on a nice BPS blank this afternoon.
eJQV1Fn.jpg

fZAyMMT.jpg

jt6lbJV.jpg

iI6vzs3.jpg

WlpoFAS.jpg

F1jxHbF.jpg
Simply lovely 😍
Well done 👍👍👍

Cool shot of that Cadet Bart. 😎👍
Thanks Todd. Late response as I’ve been camping the last few days with no cell or internet.
I won’t be carrying all of these at the same time, but they will all get carried at some point today. The Maher & Grosh was my only purchase this year at the show, thanks for your help Neal @herder. The slip was a super cool gift from Barrett @btb01, thanks Buddy. 👍 The sweet Boker Barlow was pressed in my hand by Harry @Old Engineer on our way into breakfast, thanks so much.👍 Finally the 1970 10-dot Case 18 was a gift from Neal at dinner. He knows I like old Case because I’m always bugging him for his advice and opinions, thanks Neal! 🤣
The admission pass was covered by Paul Jakeywax31 Jakeywax31 , who refused to let me pay for my admission or breakfast! 😄 Awesome guys! Really enjoyed catching up with Greg @sunknife and Jeff @Amir Fleschwund It was another great show!
Awesome group, Todd, and a great memory behind each one.

Changing it up for this evening...

w2rFA3H.jpg

Great trio, Todd! :cool: 👍
Thanks Jim. Your SM is just gorgeous. 😎👍
66 and HHB today.
4GbhLDo.jpeg
Excellent carry Paul. 😎👍
Thanks Todd. Late response as I’ve been camping the last few days with no cell or internet.

Awesome group, Todd, and a great memory behind each one.

I carried my Alox SAK camping with the family the last several days. We had a great time in a beautiful spot with some amazing scenery.
z4UJZKS.jpg

XU39ULI.jpg

yQK8l5B.jpg

n81z0iG.jpg

SNKW6S1.jpg

TO4kjI4.jpg
Thanks Bart. Looks like your family made some great memories over the last several days…beautiful photos. 😎👍

Nice pair! I've gotten to love the Eureka Jack pattern & that little fixed blade is pretty cool too. Who's the maker if you don't mind me asking?
Thank you Zach. EJ's rule, you know what's good ;) Speaking of good, the little FB is a Spike by Simon Stonehocker. Not sure if his books are open or not, maybe tell him you definitely don't know me and see if that helps?
Yes. Paul ordered it from one of our BF knifemakers, Daado . Vintage rag micarta, sturdy pocket sheath.
Lovely shank Jeff, that Rag is standout and Dalibor has some nice designs. I hope something over your way needed cutting yesterday 😁
Loving a fixed blade today. Linen micarta over red liners NKCA zulu. Snowed some here today, 80s this weekend. Have a golden day!
Wow Chief, now *that's* a fixed blade. 😮 Carry it with pride!

Was s/he your breakfast or lunch? 😇

*****_--_--_--_*****

Decided to tote my Imperial Frontier Double Eagle 4435 instead of an Old Timer 8OT for a "few" days.
(Primarally because I don't have an 8OT. ☹️🥺)

Differences between 8OT are few:
"Fancy"/"Dressey" Rosewood covers, not "Workman's"/"Tradesman's"/"Sportsman's" Saw Cut Delrin.
Polished Brass Bolsters, not German Silver. ("German Silver" sounds much more refined and is easier to spel than "Nickel Sliver".)
Pinned construction; no Swinden Keys. (😁👍)
Patina Proof Stainless Steel blades. (☹️)

All in All, I supose the Frontier could be viewed as a "Go to Meetin" 8OT. 🤔😊
At any rate, it be the closest I got to a 8OT. 🤔😇
IMG_20240328_055028.jpg
"Double Eagle" was the Imperial Frontier line of Stainless Steel bladed knives. They are not marked "Schrade+" however.
I am GUESSING they have the same 440A blades with the same excellent heat treat as the "Schrade+" blades.

I don't know if the brass bolsters on my knife are standard for the model, or are brass because mine is a HOMELITE advertising, or "free" with purchase" bonus knife. Do any of the Imperial-Schrade experts know?
Homelite 410 chainsaw etch on pile side of the clip blade:
IMG_20240328_062021.jpg

Deep-ending on the light, the etch appears gray or gold. 😳
"Gray" in the photo, obviously. I was not able to get gold with the light(s) available b4 SOL got out of bed and reported for his 12 hour (+/-) shift. 🙄

Please have a fantastic rest of the millenium and beyond. 😇👍

Last edited:
Back