What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Good and bad moments, we’re sitting down having a cheese and fruit platter so I figured I’d bring out one of my favourite knives.

Managed to get one ok photo with some blue cheese and my Celeste fig. I sat the knife down and was chatting to my wife when she noticed one of my boys was dragging it across the concrete. Not overly happy!

Before
IMG_4077.jpeg

After
IMG_4079.jpeg

Good and bad moments, we’re sitting down having a cheese and fruit platter so I figured I’d bring out one of my favourite knives.

Managed to get one ok photo with some blue cheese and my Celeste fig. I sat the knife down and was chatting to my wife when she noticed one of my boys was dragging it across the concrete. Not overly happy!

Before
View attachment 2538533

After
View attachment 2538534
Jack, nothing that some 1000 grit sandpaper can’t fix with some elbow grease!

Before
View attachment 2538533
I can almost taste this. Nice knife too! :)

I suppose 10,000 was a wee exaggeration, but I’ve got it down under 5K now. Deleting mid 2019 right now. Paying the price for posting nonsense and gobbledygook every day!

Nothing else to do, because I’ve got the ‘Vid. My 90 yr old Dad got hauled off to the emergency room Sunday. I spent the entire day with him down there in Aurora, in close contact ~ moving him, helping him pee, etc. pretty much like a nurse, Then the ER doc came in and said “guess who’s got covid?” His covid is pretty much under control, but it seems to have triggered some kind of mental break or dementia. So I was hoping in vain to be there when his doctor popped in on rounds. Not sure Mom absorbs everything, or asks the right questions.
Then I spent all day Tuesday with him and Mom in his room, so I guess I was asking for it. Not as bad as the first time I had it, really just a slammin’ flu, and I got hold of my doc early enough to get started on Paxlovid.

The good news is that I got out of cleaning house. We had planned on having a bunch of family out for Easter, but that aint happenin now. And I guess I’ll just have to smoke that 20lb turkey for just the three of us😉
Wow, a lot has happened since I saw you last week. Good of you to be there for your dad and mom. I hope everyone is feeling better and back to your normal routines soon.
Easter is such a great time for family gatherings but sometimes the best plans get shot down due to illness. Sorry your family's Easter plans got side smacked.

Gracias Mike !

Thank you Jeremy !

Thanks Bob, I appreciate the comment !

Thank you Jeff. It's cocobolo 😍
Too bad it darkens with age and the vibrant colors fade.
I still love cocobolo though!

A cocobolo feast 😍 !!!
EYZAOBH.jpg

EEEwdzJ.jpg

wm5NjsO.jpg

jIylQLp.jpg

kUe0ucF.jpg

Z1tDy7f.jpg

Glowing in the sunlight ... that will eventually make it fade
2FkR1RP.jpg
🤯 I think you've outdone the chickadees, friend!!! Fantastic job!!! 👊🏻

I suppose 10,000 was a wee exaggeration, but I’ve got it down under 5K now. Deleting mid 2019 right now. Paying the price for posting nonsense and gobbledygook every day!

Nothing else to do, because I’ve got the ‘Vid. My 90 yr old Dad got hauled off to the emergency room Sunday. I spent the entire day with him down there in Aurora, in close contact ~ moving him, helping him pee, etc. pretty much like a nurse, Then the ER doc came in and said “guess who’s got covid?” His covid is pretty much under control, but it seems to have triggered some kind of mental break or dementia. So I was hoping in vain to be there when his doctor popped in on rounds. Not sure Mom absorbs everything, or asks the right questions.
Then I spent all day Tuesday with him and Mom in his room, so I guess I was asking for it. Not as bad as the first time I had it, really just a slammin’ flu, and I got hold of my doc early enough to get started on Paxlovid.

The good news is that I got out of cleaning house. We had planned on having a bunch of family out for Easter, but that aint happenin now. And I guess I’ll just have to smoke that 20lb turkey for just the three of us😉
I hope you and your dad make a full recovery. Tough way to get out of house cleaning.

Best wishes for your Dad and I hope you start feeling better soon !

Wow, that's a lot! 😮 Sending good vibes to you and your folks! Rest up and feel better soon!

Wow, a lot has happened since I saw you last week. Good of you to be there for your dad and mom. I hope everyone is feeling better and back to your normal routines soon.
Easter is such a great time for family gatherings but sometimes the best plans get shot down due to illness. Sorry your family's Easter plans got side smacked.

I hope you and your dad make a full recovery. Tough way to get out of house cleaning.

Best wishes for your Dad and I hope you start feeling better soon !
Thanks, guys!

Back