What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Deleted over a thousand of my pics in past post so hopefully I can post pics again. Gonna try one right now.
Been carrying this pair for 4 days. The Kutmaster jack was one I purchased at the Badger Blade show last week. The leather knife slip a gift from Barrett at the show, thanks buddy.

Kutmaster & Case-2 - 1.jpeg

Oh my 😲
I can’t ever unsee it now 🫣
Thanks pal 😃
PYNQIKP.jpeg

Phone home..😁

Deleted over a thousand of my pics in past post so hopefully I can post pics again. Gonna try one right now.
Been carrying this pair for 4 days. The Kutmaster jack was one I purchased at the Badger Blade show last week. The leather knife slip a gift from Barrett at the show, thanks buddy.

View attachment 2538364
Hey~ nice find. I guess it was our year to snag old jackknives.
I had almost 10,000 photos. Started deleting, but it’s annoying that it reloads to the most recent page. Makes it take longer.

Hey~ nice find. I guess it was our year to snag old jackknives.
I had almost 10,000 photos. Started deleting, but it’s annoying that it reloads to the most recent page. Makes it take longer.
Thanks, buddy. Like you I didn't have to wander far to find one I wanted at the show. Not the first vendor table I viewed but maybe only the fourth or fifth.
Took me nearly 3 weeks to delete 1,000 pics one at a time, terrible way to spend several evenings. Gary can check my math but if you go at my rate you're at it for roughly
30 weeks. :confused: ;)

In defense (defence???) of American breakfasts, that egg looks rubbery, the pancakes are far too small (even for a "small American breakfast"), there's only one sausage link (which bears a striking resemblance to my recently acquired Farm & Field 62 Maple Valley Richlite Pocket Carver 🤣), the hash brown (I'm assuming here...) looks like the nose cone of the space shuttle (most American-looking thing on the plate, if I'm being honest...) and twice as inedible, and I have no idea what that brown liquid is supposed to be, but it sure as "poo-poo" isn't maple syrup!!

Aren't these kinds of places afraid that Gordon Ramsay might show up? That'd be my fear.

The saving grace of this breakfast is the knife! Gorgeous! 🤩

Thanks, buddy. Like you I didn't have to wander far to find one I wanted at the show. Not the first vendor table I viewed but maybe only the fourth or fifth.
Took me nearly 3 weeks to delete 1,000 pics one at a time, terrible way to spend several evenings. Gary can check my math but if you go at my rate you're at it for roughly
30 weeks. :confused: ;)
I suppose 10,000 was a wee exaggeration, but I’ve got it down under 5K now. Deleting mid 2019 right now. Paying the price for posting nonsense and gobbledygook every day!

Nothing else to do, because I’ve got the ‘Vid. My 90 yr old Dad got hauled off to the emergency room Sunday. I spent the entire day with him down there in Aurora, in close contact ~ moving him, helping him pee, etc. pretty much like a nurse, Then the ER doc came in and said “guess who’s got covid?” His covid is pretty much under control, but it seems to have triggered some kind of mental break or dementia. So I was hoping in vain to be there when his doctor popped in on rounds. Not sure Mom absorbs everything, or asks the right questions.
Then I spent all day Tuesday with him and Mom in his room, so I guess I was asking for it. Not as bad as the first time I had it, really just a slammin’ flu, and I got hold of my doc early enough to get started on Paxlovid.

The good news is that I got out of cleaning house. We had planned on having a bunch of family out for Easter, but that aint happenin now. And I guess I’ll just have to smoke that 20lb turkey for just the three of us😉

Gracias Mike !

Thank you Jeremy !

Thanks Bob, I appreciate the comment !

Thank you Jeff. It's cocobolo 😍
Too bad it darkens with age and the vibrant colors fade.
I still love cocobolo though!

A cocobolo feast 😍 !!!
EYZAOBH.jpg

EEEwdzJ.jpg

wm5NjsO.jpg

jIylQLp.jpg

kUe0ucF.jpg

Z1tDy7f.jpg

Glowing in the sunlight ... that will eventually make it fade
2FkR1RP.jpg
I “😳see” what your saying
lol

The day started with what was called a small American breakfast I am sure cooked well it would be delicious.

It wasnt, so it wasnt,I could have resoled my shoes with the pancakes. 🤣

Set of for home in what was like a scene from"Force 10 from Navarone"a boat would have been more useful,I was freezing every time I got out the car.

Water, water everywhere. 😆

I stopped at a quaint old fashioned tea stop for a proper cuppa and a toasted tea cake.

It had a great feel of the 1950s.

I pulled into my house just as the postie arrived with my latest oil the joints IXL Barlow.

I have already give it and yesterdays CJ a quick preliminary wash and clean in the sink but not with the dishes.😆

Now watching "Basic instinct" I promise I wont be rewinding ANY scenes....🤭 :oops: 😅

I feel like I have to personally apologize for that "American" breakfast... 😬
We need to get you over here in the States for some true American breakfasts! We have quite a selection since we're made up of alot of different backgrounds & traditions. Particularly here in the American south we enjoy biscuits ( I think y'all in the UK may call them scones?) They should be light & fluffy, along with a good sausage gravy (think like a good sausage roux if you've never had it) along with a selection of eggs, bacon, or ham, whatever you enjoy. The hash browns are best when the potatoes are freshly shredded & fried in the pan, not to mention some good stone ground grits. (I'm sure others on the porch can comment further) .... Man I'm starting to get hungry 🤣
Nice carry for today btw. I always enjoy seeing your adventures across the pond! 👍
In defense (defence???) of American breakfasts, that egg looks rubbery, the pancakes are far too small (even for a "small American breakfast"), there's only one sausage link (which bears a striking resemblance to my recently acquired Farm & Field 62 Maple Valley Richlite Pocket Carver 🤣), the hash brown (I'm assuming here...) looks like the nose cone of the space shuttle (most American-looking thing on the plate, if I'm being honest...) and twice as inedible, and I have no idea what that brown liquid is supposed to be, but it sure as "poo-poo" isn't maple syrup!!

Aren't these kinds of places afraid that Gordon Ramsay might show up? That'd be my fear.

Well said & totally agree 😉

Last edited:

The first day I had the small English breakfast which was equally poor and cold.

Please send Gordon back to sort things out for us….😁

I suppose 10,000 was a wee exaggeration, but I’ve got it down under 5K now. Deleting mid 2019 right now. Paying the price for posting nonsense and gobbledygook every day!

Nothing else to do, because I’ve got the ‘Vid. My 90 yr old Dad got hauled off to the emergency room Sunday. I spent the entire day with him down there in Aurora, in close contact ~ moving him, helping him pee, etc. pretty much like a nurse, Then the ER doc came in and said “guess who’s got covid?” His covid is pretty much under control, but it seems to have triggered some kind of mental break or dementia. So I was hoping in vain to be there when his doctor popped in on rounds. Not sure Mom absorbs everything, or asks the right questions.
Then I spent all day Tuesday with him and Mom in his room, so I guess I was asking for it. Not as bad as the first time I had it, really just a slammin’ flu, and I got hold of my doc early enough to get started on Paxlovid.

The good news is that I got out of cleaning house. We had planned on having a bunch of family out for Easter, but that aint happenin now. And I guess I’ll just have to smoke that 20lb turkey for just the three of us😉
Wow, that's a lot! 😮 Sending good vibes to you and your folks! Rest up and feel better soon!

Thanks Bart. Looks like your family made some great memories over the last several days…beautiful photos. 😎👍
Those are beautiful photos with wonderful memories attached, I'm certain. 👍
Thanks guys. Definitely some unforgettable adventures on this trip.
Have a great day!

I love seeing that eureka every time, Jon.
It's going to be a great day!

PbkLOUF.jpg
Awesome Fall Creek, Pat. Those look like such a handy little fixed blade.
A party cloudy day here in the City by the Bay! It’s Opening Day! Giants play SD this afternoon got it set up to record. In the meantime keeping me company the usual lamb and Mr. Peanut. Have a great day folks! 😀
View attachment 2538113View attachment 2538114
I’m also excited for the season to start.

Back