What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Fine selection, especially the Moki, great taste. Particularly like that small green 'tool-bag' :cool:
Thanks.
I have really been liking the Moki this past month I've had it, I don't know the source for this handle material but it's gotta be my new favorite next to the amber jigged bone from Case.

That tool pouch is my yellow birch outfitters pocket organizer, their v2 classic carry model .
I've tried others, but not many are actually small and few are at all suited to the small traditional knives I carry.
It seems like this type with additional storage is more geared towards the modern knife sector , while we mostly just get the simple 3 slot leather style or pocket slips with a pen loop.

2VXp4N1.jpeg
Back home for a couple days. Put a fresh edge on the medium jack

Wow, that Winchester is a STUNNER!!!! And I know exactly what ya mean. I haven't been able to bring myself to use mine yet. I probably would've if I hadnt already made a user out of the brown bone sowbelly. Yours is a beauty 👍

Mine for today, just an older Case mini trapper. Hope everyone has a great week.
View attachment 2570782
That is beautiful!

Help me Bob.

You know by now that I buy em to use and enjoy doing so.

But I cant bring myself to do that with this one that arrived today.

Its all the little bits that surround it the etch,the history, the numbers and the signature on the COE.

Do any of the old guard know who this lady is,was she quality control?

About the knife its the perfect size,perfect pull and snap,easy to open with the nail nicks.

It just feels and looks like a good un.

Looks like you're well-pleased with the newcomer. I particularly liked the colour of the bone when I had one, something different from dark brown. As you point out, a good sized and fine carry and it's understandable that you like to use your knives. However, might be an idea to put the temporary brakes on that. Why? How many good users do you have already? Not just a few....You could keep it as a house guest, just handling it around the house and admiring its look-that's an important element of Traditionals anyway-and not start sharpening or patinating it, just yet. As you have the tube and COA with serial No. it's worth preserving in that state for now because you could use it as trade material once you've made up your mind about it.

Christine Tucker used to sign the COA's herself and was a big and vital wheel in GEC's day to day functions and customer distribution, info. etc I recall she fell ill and had to retire around 2017? This also co-incided with the disappearance of hand-written tube stickers I think. Those involved directly with the business end such as waynorth waynorth or Mike knifeswapper knifeswapper will know more about her.

Last edited:
Back