What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Sweet pair Bob !
Thanks Steve.👍🏻
TEW Lamb and a Camillus Trapper Jack

o1aITsV.jpg
A fine duo today Steve.👍🏻
Bob, what did you use to put that laser edge on your Albers? It looks like a Japanese master put the edge on it.

I have Richie in pocket as I type.
ic0B6G4.jpg
Hi Jeff,
I have a TSProf K03 and stones that go to 10000 grit.

That 48 is a great pattern, beautiful patina on yours!
Thanks Patrick, I actually flitzed the little patina I had on it off and tried a gun blue method...I like the results and will leave a grayish base I can build off of. I had blued the cylinder of my 1960's 38 special and liked the results and had the 48 in pocket at the time so figured I'd give it a go :)

I toted my Cattaraugus "Hunters Pride" folder yesterday and will again today. I love the sound of the solid snap of the lock, as it engages when I swing the blade open.
A patent date of July 3, 1906 is easy to see on the brass liner lock. At nearly 4.5 inches closed, it fits snugly in my horizontal belt sheath. With the patent date and the presence of all hammered pins, I suspect it was made between 1905 up to the late 1920's. 😊

View attachment 2571320

View attachment 2571319
Impeccable Mr.P.😎

When I first started collecting, I thought anything with a closed length of less than 3.5" was just too small. Thankfully my tastes have changed, and I think 14s make the best 5th pocket carry or even solo on a light day. I'm always surprised at how much my tastes & preferences change. Today I went with a Texas jack and a 14.
1000015786.jpg

I thought I'd put the Remington pruner to some use today & surprise Mrs Hoovie with some of her favorite flowers when she gets off of work. We haven't seen each other much lately since I've been working 12+ hour shifts over the weekend & now I'm pulling some night shift duty for a few days.

Gotta keep the romance going fellas 😉

IMG_20240514_131737985.jpg

Back