What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

uLh2AEt.jpg
Quite the capable blade comb Pat.🤩

Also carrying the Schrade stockman for work tonight. The K9 knows I'm leaving for the night & is moping....

View attachment 2572252

I think you're right ........ I know that look. Maine Coons do that too. 🤣
I think it only lasts till you go out the door ..... then time for some lumber jacking ( i.e. sawing logs )😴
Very neat pic of the Old Timer with the K9 .......... no we can't be satisfied with K9 .... we need a name. :thumbsup:😍😊🐶

I think you're right ........ I know that look. Maine Coons do that too. 🤣
I think it only lasts till you go out the door ..... then time for some lumber jacking ( i.e. sawing logs )😴
Very neat pic of the Old Timer with the K9 .......... no we can't be satisfied with K9 .... we need a name. :thumbsup:😍😊🐶
Her name is Dixie. We got her as a rescue about 8 years or so ago when she walked up in a friends yard. She's been a great companion ever since 👍

view

Edit for added pic.

Last edited:
Zach, I know what Dixie is thinking, “Just throw the ball!” My hats 🎩 off to you for rescuing her!
Thanks & yeah that's her "Another knife pic"... "You already took one earlier"..."That ball isn't going to throw itself you know"...🤣
There was no way we were going to let her wind up at the pound. She was too good of a dog, all she needed was a good home 👍

Her name is Dixie. We got her as a rescue about 8 years or so ago when she walked up in a friends yard. She's been a great companion ever since 👍

Thanks for the name ! :thumbsup: 😊
......... with those stunning brown eyes against that shiny black coat and the little touch of white, she would be a fine pairing with a fine vintage knife ! 🐶😍
Looks healthy too !

P.S. - minus the pink collar, of course ! ;) 🤣

Today was my daughter Scout’s fourth birthday, so of course I had her Nifebrite #15 Scout with me.

LUH5IX0.jpg

This is the same knife I was carrying the day she was born, and I’m sure some of you will remember that I post a new picture of her with the knife every year on her birthday (a tradition I started with Eleanor, our oldest, and her Nifebrite #71). And, of course, I always have to re-post all the previous years pics as well. 😁

Here she is the day she was born:

qjM5t4D.jpg

On her first birthday:

q3vLOfa.jpg

Her second birthday:

8z6EGlk.jpg

And last year, on her third birthday:

hNWaLLA.jpg

Here’s she is with her knife today:

jIGxDpu.jpg

We spent the day at the Minnesota Zoo, which is a pretty popular birthday activity for our girls. The weather was nice and we had a great time.

Here’s another first birthday to fourth birthday comparison (because the girls always insist on a picture with this tortoise sculpture). They sure grow fast!

BcCUWBp.jpg

47f4VM6.jpg

I mentioned a while back that I was experiencing some frustration with the camera on my new iPhone compared to the 4+ year old iPhone it replaced (particularly when taking knife pics). I’m still not thrilled about some aspects of the camera on this phone, but I was impressed with the 5x telephoto lens, which I hadn’t used much before today.

6txBB2I.jpg

Mj7SdMP.jpg

p2gSIQ7.jpg

l8fOvn7.jpg

This wolverine must have been on his union-mandated break when we passed by. 🤣

GL2OZ6w.jpg

Here’s one for any fans of the GEC Beaver Tail series. 🦫

OMVwv9I.jpg

Unfortunately I hadn’t paired a Beaver Tail with Scout’s knife today. I went with the Sudbuster instead.

hDPdOyQ.jpg

Back