What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I'll be toting this lovely knife today GEC 92 in smooth calico bone. Would love to get my hands on some more!! Hope everyone has a great day!

53f6e7b2ec6c5f6c8d4dd5b87040ce6f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't stop toting this guy. Week three and an another going away meal. Not sure if I should be afraid of the going away meals or not...anyhoo, currently.

8715b55e7663a998e7ecd222704e3342.jpg

833fc1cbe337834d5759278f9322134c.jpg

Let the good times roll...

Nice knives and pics today guys.
Gevo, The Avocado and eggs look pretty good, especially when presented with that fine old knife.
I think I like my eggs cooked a little more though ....:)

Carrying these today and hoping the rain stops so I can do a little fair weather trout fishing.
P1010257%201.jpg

LOL...The memory that was alive in my mind was my Mother saying..you cooked them a minute to long honey:D Thanks Gary! I hope a stream runs through your day;):D Two super fine knives your carrying and that rod looks sweet too!

Nice knives and pics today guys.
Gevo, The Avocado and eggs look pretty good, especially when presented with that fine old knife.
I think I like my eggs cooked a little more though ....:)

Carrying these today and hoping the rain stops so I can do a little fair weather trout fishing.
P1010257%201.jpg

- wonderful :)

Just planning my fly-fishing for the year now.........

Great photos today. :thumbup:

Today has been a rainy, miserable day. I needed some sunshine in my pocket, so I carried this one.

I don't normally tote this big knife around, but today I wanted to see this one in the sunlight.

image.jpg3_zpsh8m0dowu.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsf5rggxof.jpg

Carried this one today. An old Sabre hawkbill that was in poor shape I just finished rebuilding. Here is a before shot

And here it is all finished up and somewhat shiny. I used some heart pine a friend gifted to me a while back

Awesome! I love the Heart Pine. Isn't it amazing wood? It is so tight and strong and very stable --after many years of curing.
Really great job on that!:thumbup:

Mark

Totin' an ole Catt Whittler that came in the mail this morning:

2e6c1f9.jpg

And the Collection keeps growing !!!! Another very nice one too Mr. Primble !!!! Thanks for showing it . I expect that you are getting close to the point where you are going to have to make your Catt. Display cabinet bigger or send me the overflow to store for you .

Harry

Last edited:
26317179565_5156de44e6_b.jpg

Put a bit of a forced patina on the Black Box stockman .

Nice looking Winchester ! :thumbup:

Seeing the before/after shots makes me appreciate your talents even more, Primble! :thumbup: Sometimes I’ll think, “Primble’s knives sure look killer when he’s finished with them, but he probably starts out with pretty luscious ones.” But these pics show that you certainly pay your dues in rehabbing! :cool:

Au contraire, mon frère! :D I like old Imperials, but all of my experience with them involves the clamshell, crimp-on-bolster designs. I really liked seeing that Scout with pivot pin showing in the bolster! :thumbup:

For my "Can't Wait Weekend" knives yesterday and today,
- GT

I like the whole litter GT !! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::)

You were thinking right for most of the time. I usually try to find the best I can find, but, every now and then take the challenge on one that needs more than a little. ;):D

I have not posted in this thread since Wooden Wednesday. But I have been totin' every day. I have been in a stockman mood this week. :D

Thursday and Friday :eek: Uncle Henry 886UH

Saturday and Sunday :eek: Buck 301

Nice Ron ! :thumbup:

I'm carrying my latest find: a little barehead jack by Terrier Cutlery. There's just something about carrying a 100 year old knife. :) LO (or is it LD?) took good care of it.

Nice find Rachel. I think it says LD. My granddaddy's initials were L.F.D. I think I remember him sayin' he lost a nice Terrier knife with his initials carved on it. Just Sayin' :D

These two today...

A rest for my Fish Barlow today:eek:

4HOakz.jpg

Enjoy your Sunday everyone:thumbup:

BEAUTIFUL bone on that pair Paul ! :thumbup::thumbup::)

Beautiful Gevo ! :thumbup::)

Sorry I have been away a couple of days GT. Not really, I like to have a scout pattern or SAK for the tools and a small fixed blade or single blade folder in general. Daily I try to just carry something different than the previous day. I really just grab whatever feels right for the day, some days are more ALOX-y, some more scout-like :). I put more thought into the sheath, whether it is supposed to be a dry day or not. Today is not ;), so a treated sheath and stainless steel.

Like the blue ALOX Tom. :thumbup::)

Comfort Food

You are going to end up sick in the louge from eating raw poultry my friend ! :eek::D;)

Great pictures again everyone.

Today it's a 2011 Forum Knife and a Vic Cadet.

Ken K.

Nice Forum knife Ken ! :thumbup::)

I'll be toting this lovely knife today GEC 92 in smooth calico bone. Would love to get my hands on some more!! Hope everyone has a great day!

Nice indeed ! :thumbup::)

Really like your Catt Mr. Harry ! :thumbup::)

Great photos today. :thumbup:

Today has been a rainy, miserable day. I needed some sunshine in my pocket, so I carried this one.

That ought to brighten things up Dean ! :thumbup::)

Fixed and TC

Very nice pair Marko ! :thumbup:

Gorgeous knife and picture of it Rob:cool::thumbup:

Thank you Paul and Gasman ! :thumbup::thumbup::)

Original Post by CDS

Nice Schrade !

And the Collection keeps growing !!!! Another very nice one too Mr. Primble !!!! Thanks for showing it . I expect that you are getting close to the point where you are going to have to make you Catt. Display cabinet bigger or send me the overflow to store for you .

Harry

You may be right Harry ! :thumbup::D:D

Marko
Very nice looking new fixed blade! Looks like a great size too:thumbup::thumbup:

Primble
And the hits keep coming..wow!! Thanks for sharing it with us:D

Back