What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

image_zpsucicepr7.jpeg

My lightly modded sodbuster (modbuster?)
I love this thing.

Two days away and I'm already woefully behind on this thread. Such great stuff here: photos, comments, and friendly banter alike.

These two in particular caught my eye and stayed with me as I was catching up:

Both are fine lambsfoot examples, and I appreciate the atypical perspective from which they were photographed. I also like the differences.

Jack's, being more open and in the daylight, looks like it's stretching and getting ready for an exciting day ahead. FBC's, looks as though it has had a fine day full of honest work and is curling up with a book before hitting the pillow. Taken together, I'd say it was an excellent lambfoot day. :)

I've got a new one with me today:

a31c6ee8f19dce972a3220287e09df4e.jpg

It arrived yesterday with a decent factory edge that only needed a quick stropping to ready it for pocket time. It'll get proper whittlin' prep this weekend.

Yep, slight drop point, redid the swedge and an EO notch that lands Right at my ring finger, so it disappears when being used.

My #99 Ebony Wall Street and a Wenger executive with a few differences from Victorinox. The tweezer and toothpick are actually turned inward. The scissors are superior to Victorinox's. There is no spring per se but an integral arm and the blade is serrated making it a bit stronger.

Alan

My fathers old Boker Stockman today! Dad passed away 5 years ago and was a bit of a knife collector, he purchased a half dozen of these Bokers in the 1960s. I'm happy to say that I have 4 of them (3 have been carried and are in various states of wear and one is still mint wrapped in the original yellow Boker paper). I rotate this one as an edc on a regular basis and cherish the memories it brings back.

b61e4ecf7806cec3a6e10cb7ac8517ca.jpg

Last edited:
My fathers old Boker Stockman today! Dad passed away 5 years ago and was a bit of a knife collector, he purchased a half dozen of these Bokers in the 1960s. I'm happy to say that I have 4 of them (3 have been carried and are in various states of wear and one is still mint wrapped in the original yellow Boker paper). I rotate this one as an edc on a regular basis and cherish the memories it brings back.

b61e4ecf7806cec3a6e10cb7ac8517ca.jpg

Fantastic piece with a Great history.
You have my condolences.

Back