What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Oily Creek Bone

IMG_20141031_123337_2.jpg

My Bailed non-SAK of the Week was scheduled to be a Rough Rider camp knife, but that went out last week as a GAW prize, so I substituted this Marbles stainless scout:
deRN9MZ.jpg

Hopefully I didn't mess up your rotation too much there, GT. :(

Now there's a Barlow that catches my eye. Nice

I'm not totin anything today. Laying in bed with the remnants of a stomach virus. But I have my whole aresenal just a few feet away. (One shelf in pic cause others too high and I ain't getting up lol)

View attachment 739722

Hoping for a speedy recovery! I am just getting past the tail end of a bout with pneumonia myself, not at all enjoyable being confined to the "sick bed".

Super cool set up Trav :cool:

Love that cross GT :)

A new EDC from forum maker Charlie Mike and some orange ALOX today.

That is a slick looking fixed blade! And a rather striking pair, very nice!

I went half the day just carrying Rosie (she hasn't left my side since she arrived), but lunch time brought her a companion for the rest of the day (Thanks again, GT!). They make for a handsome pair, in my opinion.

cRlW9gO.jpg

Congrats on the new 66, Ron! :cool::thumbsup: That's a notable pair of knives in the past two days!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My Stockman of the Week (and my staggy/horny knife of the week) is a Marbles ram's horn sowbelly stockman:
fxJqT0t.jpg

Thanks for the compliments on my #66 and #68. :) Your Staggy/Horny knife of the week! :eek::rolleyes:
Oh well Gary! I can't beat that one! :D

I've been absent from this forum for around 5 years now (kids in high school and college are keeping me busy) and in that time I carried and rotated the same four knives (Sebenza Insigno, Kerry Hampton trapper, Vic Alox Soldier, and Charles May FireAnT fixed blade) . I just recently saw this small GEC #14 that I had to have as a secondary coin pocket knife. I really like it. GEC makes some quality production traditional knives. With that said, it is in my coin pocket today with the Charles May sheath knife on my belt.
36025823691_ddf03162b8_b.jpg

Welcome back Luciano! :) That's a great looking pair of knives. That is beautiful Bone on your Hampton, a terrific pattern! :thumbsup:

That is a slick looking fixed blade! And a rather striking pair, very nice!

I went half the day just carrying Rosie (she hasn't left my side since she arrived), but lunch time brought her a companion for the rest of the day (Thanks again, GT!). They make for a handsome pair, in my opinion.

cRlW9gO.jpg

Thanks Dylan, a fine pairing yourself today :thumbsup:

Coyote in Sangria JB...

4YSU5sh.jpg

Nice! I know a lot of people thought they were too small, but I liked the Coyote and the way it would just disappear into the pocket of my slacks.

The sangria jigged bone was my favorite handle configuration, along with the African Blackwood. I regret not getting one. Had a natural micarta and foolishly sold it.

Last edited:
Cool photo of your knife (the shield is outstanding :thumbsup:), Greg, and I'm gratified to see you appreciating some of the finer (numerical) things in life! :D Nice example of the algorithm for using prime factorization to identify the Least Common Multiple of a pair of numbers based on the relationship that LCM(a,b) = (a x b) ÷ GCF(a,b). Another thing that I like about your numbers is their palindromicity! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I hope the final third of your calf-roping journey is as enjoyable and enriching as the first two thirds! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment. And thanks very much for reminding me that my "throw out the extra 11" was dividing by the GCF and that 66 is the LCM of 22 and 33. That's even better than what I'd noticed. :cool:

And, oh yeah, one more: 22 ÷ 33 is 0.66 repeating. See folks, numbers are fun! :thumbsup:

BTW, I really like your Marbles Stainless Scout, GT. I don't think I'd noticed it before.

cRlW9gO.jpg

Nice to hear you've become fond of the Lambsfoot Dylan, and Rosie is looking good as ever :) Those RR Scouts are pretty good I think :thumbsup:

Great pic my friend :thumbsup:

I'm carrying double ebony today ;) :thumbsup:

Back