What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Old Winchester barlow today...

s5YpuLg.jpg

This same day last year, I had my Nifebrite #71 Bull Nose in my pocket when we went to the hospital and my wife gave birth to our first kiddo, Eleanor. Here she is with that knife back then.

I had the same knife in my pocket today as we celebrated her first birthday. Here she is carrying it around the driveway.

c1PI0le.jpg

(Kid hardly stands still long enough to get a photo that isn't blurry.) :D

One year old already! She's a cutie. I believe she is the youngest knife person on the forum.

Oops! Forgot to include today's carries! :D Have a great Sunday folks :) :thumbsup:

Quality will out, Jack. That is a perfect knife. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beautiful photo of that classic, Travman!

Spent all yesterday in the woods with family and kids after a quick stop by the river. A great day!

View attachment 738976

And a blue Esquire today.

View attachment 739000

Your photography skills really bring out the beauty in both of these knives. :thumbsup:

Another beauty, Gary!

Hello Marko

36000663051_85d99da595_b.jpg

Mark did a great job, especially on the covers. :thumbsup: It looks like both of them are being used.

Leave It to Beaver

IMG_20141031_121856.jpg

A great looking knife and great job on the photograph, Dee! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

By my side this afternoon, a favorite TC.

Hi fellas only second post here.

Carrying this Utica Jack today

DSC00753 by SteveC, on Flickr
Camillus made Buck 303

unLTCVIh.jpg
Welcome to The Porch, Steve! :) You've posted a couple of handsome classics the past couple of days! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

These today while going to Cracker Barrel and Antiquing .

Harry
You've got the real deal, Harry!! Superb stag, sir! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Oh it is matter of fact the other day my buddy saw it and asked what it was I told him. He then asked if he could see it before I handed it to him I warned him it was sharp. Well handing it back his finger is bleeding he says I never even felt it. I responded yep told you it was sharp.
:D:thumbsup:

GT, I like this JJ Martinez sodbuster and have been looking for one. . Can you help me with where you acquired this one?
Thx Mark
Thanks, Mark. Sent you a PM (Conversation), but I doubt if it will be very helpful. :(

Thanks pal, nice bunch of knives there, and I like your new hats :) :thumbsup: What are the Barlows in the second and third pic, if I may ask?
Thanks, Jack. I saw that someone called your hat from Cory and family a "chick magnet", but the chicks seem to think the "Est. 1902" on my Buck hat is my birth year. :rolleyes: The Barlow with the BSA etch on the bolster is made by Sarge; it's purported to be 440C stainless, a step up (as I understand it) from the 440A used on most of my stainless knives from Rough Rider, Colt, Marbles. The other Barlow, atop the red-and-white puzzle, is a Rite-Edge; someone here, but I don't remember who, was quite pleased with that model as a daily user.

Carrying these two today :thumbsup:

Starting the week off by setting the bar quite high, Mr. Black!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Nifty spearpoint whittler, Randy! :cool::thumbsup:

That dog will hunt, Marty!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:;)

Hello Marko

36000663051_85d99da595_b.jpg
Two tickets to Paradise, Gev! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Desirable duo, Josh! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Finally got a beer scout.
View attachment 739292
Congrats on the Beer Scout, Captain! :cool::cool:

This was a fiesty Box Turtle. She didn't stay in her shell for long.View attachment 739297
Very cool pic, Travman; very hot Ulster!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Have a great Monday!
With me today, Lloyd Shadow Trapper (showing the pile side) and a Burt Foster Personal Utility. Blade is 0-1 and 15N20 forged by Burt with NS guard and California Buckeye burl handle.
XIbr5rp.jpg
That burl handle is unforgettable (and somewhat disturbing), Gary!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Leave It to Beaver

IMG_20141031_121856.jpg
Wow, that's an impeccable knife, Dee!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm a big fan of animal shields. :cool:

Today with a Bulldog in stag...

vo2z2r.jpg
You certainly have a fine variety of impressive stag, Pt-Luso! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks GT, nice Brace of Barlows! :thumbsup:
These two today:

Thanks, Tom; I went on a bargain barlow binge for Independence Day. That BSK looks fantastic with any partner, any background! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Among my knives this week are
a Vic Tinker:
jLA1Ryy.jpg

a Mercator Black Cat:
550M62V.jpg

and a Taylor-Schrade 72OT:
AQTGdEn.jpg

- GT

Mark did a great job, especially on the covers. :thumbsup: It looks like both of them are being used.

Yes he did and its a great user ! Can't wait to see what he has in the oven ! That TC is smokin hot ! Fantastic photo Dean!!

Quality will out, Jack. That is a perfect knife. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Many thanks Dean, beautiful TC :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. I saw that someone called your hat from Cory and family a "chick magnet", but the chicks seem to think the "Est. 1902" on my Buck hat is my birth year. :rolleyes: The Barlow with the BSA etch on the bolster is made by Sarge; it's purported to be 440C stainless, a step up (as I understand it) from the 440A used on most of my stainless knives from Rough Rider, Colt, Marbles. The other Barlow, atop the red-and-white puzzle, is a Rite-Edge; someone here, but I don't remember who, was quite pleased with that model as a daily user.

Starting the week off by setting the bar quite high, Mr. Black!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

a Vic Tinker:
jLA1Ryy.jpg

a Mercator Black Cat:
550M62V.jpg

AQTGdEn.jpg

LOL! I better not wear the hat when I go over to Huddersfield to see ADEE, I don't want to get chased around the market by West Yorkshire grannies! :D Thanks for the information my friend, those are 3 classics with you today :) :thumbsup:

Have a great Monday!
With me today, Lloyd Shadow Trapper (showing the pile side) and a Burt Foster Personal Utility. Blade is 0-1 and 15N20 forged by Burt with NS guard and California Buckeye burl handle.
XIbr5rp.jpg
Now you've out done yourself Gary. You know how I feel about your Halfrich rounder but this Foster is in the realm of jewelry. I know it's made to be used but I think I'll just stare at it. OUTSTANDING!

Welcome to The Porch, Steve! :) You've posted a couple of handsome classics the past couple of days! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

a Vic Tinker:
jLA1Ryy.jpg

a Mercator Black Cat:
550M62V.jpg

AQTGdEn.jpg

- GT

Thanks for the welcome !

Now that is one splendid knife....it sings :thumbsup::thumbsup: I love the beaver shield

Thanks Gev!

A great looking knife and great job on the photograph, Dee! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Dean!

Your favorites look like favorites. :)
Their patinas tell a story. :cool:

Wow, that's an impeccable knife, Dee!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm a big fan of animal shields. :cool:

a Vic Tinker:
jLA1Ryy.jpg

a Mercator Black Cat:
550M62V.jpg

AQTGdEn.jpg

Thanks Gary!
The shield sealed the deal :cool:. <--- Say that three times fast :p.

Never a dull m̶o̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ week. :thumbsup::D

Today is 22 of 33 consecutive days carrying my #66.

These are fun numbers, I think. Not only do they put me 2/3 of the way through the project, but if you "multiply" 22 and 33 digit-wise, you get 66. ;)

Lest our resident math professor 5K Qs 5K Qs think I'm not taking the math seriously, I'll also note that if you combine the prime factors of 22 (2 and 11) and the prime factors of 33 (3 and 11) and toss out the extra 11, you get the prime factors of 66 (2, 3, and 11).

How'd I do, GT? ;) :D

u7CHJzth.jpg

Back