What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

7wwbYqVl.jpg

Farmer goes to work with me many days.

I can certainly understand why that red old cross Pioneer is with you every day, Pt-Luso! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Viva Solsona, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ebullient ebony, Ron! Great Wednesday choice! :thumbsup::cool:

Rosie was with me again today, as I expect she will be on a very regular basis.

w40Tm7l.jpg
Stunning shot of fair Rosie, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup: Are you a violinist? My daughter played for many years; I think she usually used 4 strings. :D

Thank you, sir. It is oxhorn, Gary. I haven't been traveling to Sheffield , unfortunately. I hope to one day though.
36126362786_c5afdeb5fd_h.jpg
Another lovely lambsfoot shot, FBC! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm losing track of your A. Wright & Son products. Is this a replacement for Rosie?

For some reason, this knife reminded me of one of my favorite old "word plays": Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. :rolleyes:

This isn't the best picture of my #92, but I did like the pose Doug the pug had struck.View attachment 740626
That pug must have some pointer blood in him! ;)

A study in contrasts and similarities.

View attachment 740664
Stellar study, r8shell! :thumbsup::cool: I like the color of your tobacco bone half hawk!

Classy pic of a classic knife, Steve! :cool::cool:

I enjoy your frequent visits to your go-to vista, Greg! :thumbsup::cool:

Nice shot of a notable knife, Randy! :cool::thumbsup:

I think I might have 'over-trained' yesterday too GT! :eek: ;) :D :thumbsup:
I decided to stick with my ebony Lambsfoot again today, and mix in a Lick Creek Barlow :) :thumbsup:

Over-training is worrisome, but on the other hand, no pain, no gain! ;)
Your ebony lambsfoot is such a stalwart knife, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Is that a new unGoofy hat behind your pleasing Barlow?

Pretty knife, Dee, but I can't figure out if the covers are wood, micarta, or acrylic! :confused:o_O (I made an appointment at the ophthalmologist, but it's not until October. :()

A custom and a Northwoods today.

Interesting, and quite atypical, pair today, Tom! :thumbsup::cool:

On vacation this week. My carries, plus a CRKT Lil Guppy multi-tool (left out to keep Frank happy;):p)
View attachment 740771

Had this very excellent 'que on the Red Arrow Hwy in Sawyer MI on Monday. It's owned by a former Chicago cop. Quite a character, partly deaf, and thinks everyone is as well, so shouts loudly enough to wake the dead:confused:.
View attachment 740773
Highly recommended if you're in the area, but call first as his hours are variable. (Insider tip: portions are large, so :rolleyes:go with an appetite:cool:.)

Today have my trusty 73, a very serviceable knife.
View attachment 740776
Lotta excellent blades, and a WHOLE lotta excellent food, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I hope you have a fabulous vacation!

That's one long, lean whittler, Nature Boy!! :cool::cool:

7wwbYqVl.jpg

Farmer goes to work with me many days.
Resplendent red handles on that knife, ismaris! :thumbsup::cool:

Totin this user XX Red Saw Cut Ragg Bone Barlow today. Case definitely made some fine Barlows in the XX period of 1940 - 1964. :)
31200890660_0419d33c92_b_d.jpg
Gev & Ron, those are some vivacious vintage Barlows!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kitchen knives for me this week are a Marbles pruner (took me a while to figure out how to chop fruit and vegetables with this one :confused:)
lX06bnF.jpg

and my bubinga navaja de campaña
12U5HSl.jpg

- GT

Cool pic! :thumbsup:

Very cool pic Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Thanks guys! Thought I would try something different with my knife staging.

Totin this user XX Red Saw Cut Ragg Bone Barlow today. Case definitely made some fine Barlows in the XX period of 1940 - 1964. :)
31200890660_0419d33c92_b_d.jpg

That is a lovely Case. The rich color, the patina, it all comes together just right. Very nice.

Stunning shot of fair Rosie, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup: Are you a violinist? My daughter played for many years; I think she usually used 4 strings. :D

Thanks, GT! I consider myself more of a fiddler than a violinist, but I suppose technically they are one and the same. I am a bit rusty, though, so I thought I would bring it out to play a tune or two and it just so happened to make for a good picture staging.

Carried today :

Harry

Wonderful pairing, Harry. I always enjoy seeing your knives and your garden.

Though I'm not overly familiar with this pattern, that is a stunning piece of cutlery. Beautiful picture!

Just finished the work day with Rosie in my pocket. Since I am getting ready to do some work on my truck, I thought I would bring some backup. This Queen should do nicely.

JSZ3fXo.jpg

Excellent pair, Chin! :thumbsup::cool: But I'll have to beg your pardon and ask if you'd give some details about the lower knife; I seem not to recognize it! :(

Thanks Gary. The lower knife is one you might have seen earlier in the year - part of a quartet of A. Wright & Sons pocketknives I picked up in Sheffield.

Like you, I enjoy trying out different working knives from around the world, and I thought the Wrights seemed like some good, solid English examples to check out.

This slender, ox-horn Lambsfoot knife has quite a nice mark side.

On23zW0.jpg

It has some good, contrasting character to it.

nqrgdRG.jpg

But I really lucked out with the translucent pile side - it radiates a warm gold glow in the right light.

MXp7x3i.jpg

I mean, how could you look at that and not smile?

zBGmNIy.jpg

MVhP7fU.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Gary. The lower knife is one you might have seen earlier in the year - part of a quartet of A. Wright & Sons pocketknives I picked up in Sheffield.

Like you, I enjoy trying out different working knives from around the world, and I thought the Wrights seemed like some good, solid English examples to check out.

This slender, ox-horn Lambsfoot knife has quite a nice mark side.

On23zW0.jpg

It has some good, contrasting character to it.

nqrgdRG.jpg

But I really lucked out with the translucent pile side - it radiates a warm gold glow in the right light.

MXp7x3i.jpg

I mean, how could you look at that and not smile?

zBGmNIy.jpg

MVhP7fU.jpg
Great to see those again Chin !!!

Harry

Back