What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Dean, there's not much tastier than HOT coco!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a little serpentine Imperial jack that I call the Silver Bullet (thanks, Dave):
ya9Qrif.jpg

Watchpocket Knife of the Week is another naked Imperial (thanks, Mark):
zuVaP0Q.jpg

- GT

Thanks, Gary! You have the largest "Naked knife" collection I've seen to date. :thumbsup::)

Especially beautiful knives, Dee> :thumbsup::thumbsup: The shield knocks it over the top!

Happy Friday folks! :) Got these two in my pockets today :thumbsup:

Gorgeous lambsfoot and a fantastic doctor(?), Jack.

Beautiful bone on your Eureka, Travman.

For some reason, every time I carry this knife I hear Devo in my head.

Nice Tom :) :thumbsup:

I am carrying this little cutie around today, just arrived yesterday thanks to AFAustin , I sent him a small parcel and before I knew it he sent this little folder, made by KAI from back in the 80's blades are thinly ground and cut very well, the folder is small but is capable and sheeple friendly too.

One Minion is happy one is not, go figure ;)

IMG_6715 by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

and a close up with a penny for size reference

IMG_6716 by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Thanks again, neat little folder,
G2

Cool pics Gary! :cool: :D Nice little knife there too :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot my friend, the Winchester Doctor's Knife was a gift from Cory Hess :)

LOL! :D That slender blade looks good :) :thumbsup:

Gary, so glad you like it. I think it's an interesting and well made little folder, as are most of the Kai/Kershaws.

Gary not only gave me some excellent advice on dealing with blade rap issues (inserting a small sliver of rubberized cork in the well up next to the tang), but went even further and sent me the material needed for the job. And then he iced the cake with a couple of absolutely beautiful key fobs which he made himself. A true gentleman and a first class Knife Man! :thumbsup:

Andrew

Very nice! How do you find it? :)
I like it so far, perfect size for pocket knives. Might be a little small for larger fixed blades. I got it for a really good price and wanted to try out the brand before buying a bigger one from them. It definitely puts a nice finishing edge on the blade. Will be nice for touch up sharpening.

Thanks, Gary! You have the largest "Naked knife" collection I've seen to date. :thumbsup::)

Especially beautiful knives, Dee> :thumbsup::thumbsup: The shield knocks it over the top!

Beautiful bone on your Eureka, Travman.

That's a bit of an odd combination, but I like it. :)

Carried today :

Harry
Handful of handsome old bone, Harry! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This little one out for a stroll today...

OjG2xCl.jpg
Joyfully jigged handle on that WLST, 007hunter! :cool::thumbsup:

That's a memorable knife, P&G! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Shape, shield, striped bolsters, bone shade all outstanding! :cool:

Thanks, GT! I consider myself more of a fiddler than a violinist, but I suppose technically they are one and the same. I am a bit rusty, though, so I thought I would bring it out to play a tune or two and it just so happened to make for a good picture staging.
Just finished the work day with Rosie in my pocket. Since I am getting ready to do some work on my truck, I thought I would bring some backup. This Queen should do nicely.
JSZ3fXo.jpg
A fiddler rather than a violinist! I should have considered that possibility, since I tried to get my daughter to "broaden her horizons" and try some bluegrass or country/western fiddling, but she mostly stuck to classical. (She and 3 friends had a string quartet and did LOTS of weddings, and occasionally receptions, during college, and they had quite a few pop/rock standards in their repertoire - lots of Beatles, and Hendrix's "Purple Haze". :rolleyes:) That's quite a pair of productive knives you have there, Dylan! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary. The lower knife is one you might have seen earlier in the year - part of a quartet of A. Wright & Sons pocketknives I picked up in Sheffield.
This slender, ox-horn Lambsfoot knife has quite a nice mark side.
It has some good, contrasting character to it.
nqrgdRG.jpg

But I really lucked out with the translucent pile side - it radiates a warm gold glow in the right light.

MXp7x3i.jpg

I mean, how could you look at that and not smile?
Thanks for jogging my memory, Chin. Seeing that oxhorn in a different light made all the difference! :cool::thumbsup: Jack Black has an oxhorn that, since I first saw a photo of it, just takes my breath away, and I recall that he considers yours even more striking than his!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It was this one I was actually totin' today, though!:)

sFp71VL.jpg

Thought I'd try the Carl 'Jackknife' style, flat 4-way driver and P-38 when not carrying a SAK. They're very light and do work well to augment those 'tools you have on you'.:thumbsup::cool:
I really like your left-handed lambsfoot, and it looks better than ever after your potassium permanganate treatment! :thumbsup: I also admire the edge you have on it! :cool:

Thanks Gary!
Red River Acrylic

What's for dinner? :D
Thanks for learnin' me something, Dee. :thumbsup: Dinner was some kind of microwave stew made of whatever I could find in the fridge. ;) Potato, carrots, celery, broccoli, onions, cauliflower, a left-over hamburger, some kind of chicken hotdog with pimentos built into it, and a little salsa!

I think I might need a rest day today GT! ;) :D :thumbsup: Thanks for the kind words my friend, like yourself, I picked up several new caps recently. The Orvis is waxed, so a little better in the rain we've seen a lot of this week. The Pruner is an interesting kitchen choice, great-looking pair of knives :thumbsup:
Happy Friday folks! :) Got these two in my pockets today :thumbsup:

I always enjoy your knives near water pics, Jack, and these photos of your "red buffalo horn" and doctor's knife are no exception! :cool::thumbsup: I don't think I've ever seen a waxed cap; that sounds quite useful! My pruner wasn't so much an intentional kitchen choice as it was slavishly following my "system". My kitchen knives for the week are simply my "big" knife and my "euro" knife from the previous week. The "big" knives are typically at least 4 inches long, closed, and hence have a long blade that usually comes in handy in food prep. But the current edition of my rotation schedule contains the pruner for the first time, and it naturally appeared in the category of "big" knife, ergo, it gets assigned kitchen duty the week after I carry it! :rolleyes:

Some recycled piano keys for Fancy Friday:
View attachment 741080
View attachment 741081
Fulfilling Friday fare, r8shell! :cool::thumbsup:

In addition to my Peanut, I've got my new-to-me Buck toothpick that I picked out of Rolling GAW box in Round 9. Thank you to whichever previous winner tossed it into the box!

IMG_20170728_080235_2.jpg
Very nice little Buck toothpick, Shawn; I have a stockman with similar colors (thanks, Randy) and think the blue accents on the black are a great choice! :thumbsup::cool:

Just got this yesterday

PAL 3 3/4" Serpentine Jack

98c53DMh.jpg

Congrats on that vintage Pal, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

TU7SjPw.jpg

Smooth Tobacco in the Camel City
Great pic of your RR Half Hawk, Marty! :cool::cool: I have one like yours, with the rich brown smooth tobacco bone, rather than the more golden tobacco bone, and I like the darker bone better! :thumbsup: (I had to google "Camel City". :rolleyes:)

Thanks GT, I am an ever evolving knife nut :). In truth I am still searching for my ultimate EDCs; I only know it will be a small fixed and a folder. The search continues..........

That is a super cool knife, I don't see many like that with a bail :thumbsup: :cool:

These 2 today.

Thanks for the philosophical musing and the Martinez compliment, Tom. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
As for your pair today, didn't there used to be a game show on TV on which it was a good thing to hear, "Joker... Joker... JOKER"? Your pic evoked those memories for me, as well as sparking my admiration for olive wood. :cool::D

Thanks, Dean; I wouldn't mind finding more "naked" Imperials to include in my "collection". :cool:
Took my a while to figure out the Devo connection to your knife. :confused: I saw your pic and thought of The Hollies and "Long Cool Woman in a Muslin Dress"! ;)

Gary, so glad you like it. I think it's an interesting and well made little folder, as are most of the Kai/Kershaws.

Gary not only gave me some excellent advice on dealing with blade rap issues (inserting a small sliver of rubberized cork in the well up next to the tang), but went even further and sent me the material needed for the job. And then he iced the cake with a couple of absolutely beautiful key fobs which he made himself. A true gentleman and a first class Knife Man! :thumbsup:

Andrew
Very cool, Andrew (and G2)! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

TEw8dVH.jpg

New strop!
Congrats on the new strop! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I keep meaning to make myself a denim strop, but other tasks jump past it on my to-do list. :rolleyes:

My Big Knife of the Week is a 4" Buck clip/spey toothpick:
JPbCHMw.jpg

- GT

Back