What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That is a beautiful knife, Gev. The Damascus is subtle (I'd love to see a shot of it open) and the covers are sublime.

Sunday's knife at church and then at a local park.

Thank you my friend ! That knife is a TC gem !! And at your loving request ;)

It was a gift from our friend Kris ( MT_Damascus )

39727509671_af3300df19_b.jpg

Last edited:
Western 657 today

iRkq3aT.jpg
Wow for the Western! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Splendid Spanish folder! :cool::cool: JJ Martinez on the tang?

I love it when someone says “we forgot a bottle opener” and I can introduce them to traditional knives :).

Compelling color combo! :cool::cool:

Today it is a couple of German knives in Stag : The larger one is a Kronenkrebs and the other one is a Hartkoph ....
Harry
Super stag x 2 ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lazy weekend days are always tough, because if i don't have to decide, I can't decide. I've been cycling through these so far today...

View attachment 832684
I can understand your dilemma! :eek::thumbsup:

GT... I have said it before but I need to say it again. The sheer amount of goodwill, kindness, and not least of all effort that goes into your posts here is humbling. I know you don’t reply to every post but it sure feels that way and puts a smile on my face. My hat is off to you sir :thumbsup::)
Thanks for the kind comments, Drew. :) Definitely can't reply to every post, and I often end up cutting out some of my replies because I end up violating the 10000 character limit (or the 20 photos limit). :(

Sharpest knife in my herd! Lloyd's 52100 is hard to beat.
cV6H1hm.jpg
Love that Lloyd!! :thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Gary. That is a quartet of quality for your quotidian carry! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :) I know what "quotidian" means, but I don't think I've ever used it myself. Your use is perfect!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Headed out to meet the guys to toss a few back, figure this is all I need tonight.
IMG_1858.jpg
Resplendent covers on that Barlow! :cool::thumbsup:

That is a gutting blade.
Thanks. :thumbsup:

Welcome to The Porch, @Jambon ! :) That Rough Rider peanut is a handsome knife! :cool::cool:

Thanks a lot GT, I enjoy a good time travel yarn myself from time to time :) It'd be great to get a Lambsfoot made up with Vantablack covers! :D :thumbsup: I always enjoy seeing your EPQ (Ever Present Quartet ;) ), and am very pleased that your 2017 Guardians Lambsfoot is part of that group :) :thumbsup:
I'm carrying these two today :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words, Jack. :) I actually used my Guardians Lambsfoot to cut up some apples and jalapeños for my meal this evening! Sorry to see how your busy week has worn you down, but glad you're getting some rest! ;):D

B07800_E9-3564-4_EDC-8_BBE-6_B5747_FF35_BF.jpg
Going Francophile today.
As someone said recently, "Tres bien" ;):cool::cool:

I usually find myself carrying two folders with some variation on a theme. Large and small, or maybe a user and one I call pocket jewelry, or like today I need three because the user is a small whittler I probably have my trusty Douk-Douk also.
View attachment 833063
Beauteous brace of Cases! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT. It was a great day afield, sunny and in the mid-50's. We got a bounty of bunnies, and I put my knives to work at the end. Lambertiana is correct (thanks for covering for me, lambertiana). The blade is scalpel-sharp, but blunted at the end to avoid punctures to organs/entrails or the user. Even a small blade like that one (about 3 inches) can handle gutting/skinning a range from squirrels to deer. Coincidentally, @Old Engineer posted his Kronenkrebs yesterday with a similar blade (post #108852). I need to invite him along next time to help with cleaning duties.

I'm still putting away gear today, so I'm going back to an old friend to help me make it through the day.

IytoGJ1.jpg

- Stuart
Thanks for the reply, Stuart. :) Bang-up Barlow you bear today! :cool::cool:

HOT knife on ice! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Camillus Air Corp Utility knife

fQEHYa4h.jpg
Fantastic knife (foreground) and knives (background)! :cool::cool:

View attachment 833216 First day totin' this one, and first day trying a pocket slip View attachment 833213
Congrats on the impressive firsts! :cool::thumbsup:

This is what I have.

View attachment 833369
Whoa! Aged awesomeness! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sunday's knife at church and then at a local park.

Great to see those distinctive covers again! :cool::cool:

My new rotation schedule is set up to let me carry an "unscheduled" knife each week, sort of a free choice. This past week it has been this one (thanks, Blake):
FVybQS1.jpg

0CC0VNR.jpg

- GT

Wow for the Western! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Splendid Spanish folder! :cool::cool: JJ Martinez on the tang?

Compelling color combo! :cool::cool:

Super stag x 2 ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can understand your dilemma! :eek::thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind comments, Drew. :) Definitely can't reply to every post, and I often end up cutting out some of my replies because I end up violating the 10000 character limit (or the 20 photos limit). :(

Love that Lloyd!! :thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Dean. :) I know what "quotidian" means, but I don't think I've ever used it myself. Your use is perfect!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Resplendent covers on that Barlow! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Welcome to The Porch, @Jambon ! :) That Rough Rider peanut is a handsome knife! :cool::cool:

Thanks for the kind words, Jack. :) I actually used my Guardians Lambsfoot to cut up some apples and jalapeños for my meal this evening! Sorry to see how your busy week has worn you down, but glad you're getting some rest! ;):D

As someone said recently, "Tres bien" ;):cool::cool:

Beauteous brace of Cases! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply, Stuart. :) Bang-up Barlow you bear today! :cool::cool:

HOT knife on ice! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Fantastic knife (foreground) and knives (background)! :cool::cool:

Congrats on the impressive firsts! :cool::thumbsup:

Whoa! Aged awesomeness! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My new rotation schedule is set up to let me carry an "unscheduled" knife each week, sort of a free choice. This past week it has been this one (thanks, Blake):
FVybQS1.jpg

0CC0VNR.jpg

- GT

Thanks GT! Your knife looks like it can do double duty--a tool for the hand and for the mind.

FVybQS1.jpg

0CC0VNR.jpg

- GT

Thank you, Gary. That is a nice knife that Blake gave you, very arithmetic.

Back