What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

22628019834_ed6f38066e_b.jpg

My thought, too, but it's the last letter of the last line and I don't know a Schrade tang stamp that ends that way. I'll keep at it.

- Stuart

In a cursory look at antique tang stamps, I came across another possibily-

AMERICAN BLADE.
The only problem is the image I found showed the little “R” for registered trademark after the “E”.

Can you tell I’m a very busy man?:oops:

This one today .

Harry

I did the same while my wife was visiting the doctor .

Harry

Once again you excel at ferreting out a beauty!
Can’t tell you how many times I have pulled a knife out to admire it ~ not always in the most appropriate situation.
Most recently was in the grocery checkout line, but I caught myself.:D

Once again you excel at ferreting out a beauty!
Can’t tell you how many times I have pulled a knife out to admire it ~ not always in the most appropriate situation.
Most recently was in the grocery checkout line, but I caught myself.:D
Thanks for the very kind words my friend on the knife and my ability to Ferret Out A Beauty .
I appreciate very much that Mike gave me a choice . :):thumbsup::cool::p:D
My choice was : Accept the knife sent to me , or send it back . I decided to accept it and I even chuckled to myself .

Harry

The GEC #42 is safely back in my pocket today. The Case knife of the day is a Silver Script Russlock in cranberry bone. While I applaud Case for trying to come up with a one-handed opening traditional pattern, the Russlock is a bit too fiddly for my tastes. I get better with it the more I use it, but it takes too much concentration for me to use it effortlessly. Kinda robs the fun out of using it. Fit and finish is okay, but not exceptional. The tip of the blade isn't well-center, and rubs against one liner. But the cranberry bone is gorgeous, as is the silver script. It's a drop dead looker of a knife. Just not one that I want to pocket ever day.

Rl5jAsBh.jpg

Gorgoeus puic

Gorgeous picture!!!! And two equally beautiful knives.

Thank you, Buzz! I admire your ability to take exceptional pictures of a working man's knives. They are always a pleasure to see.

Striking pair Dylan :) Enjoy the sunshine my friend :thumbsup:

Pocketing these two today, my ebony Lambsfoot, and my first GEC and first forum knife, gifted to me by Duncan @Campbellclanman, treasured always :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 891127

View attachment 891128

Thank you, Jack. An exceptional pair you have with you today. I hope that caplifter gets a lot of use over the weekend. :D

Desirable cardinal and coal pairs, Dean and Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: The Case medium jack is such a classic.

My bailed non-SAK of the Week (although it doesn't technically have a bail, per se) is this Sanremu (thanks, Dave):
Mp8gZNp.jpg

My Euro Knife of the Week is a Laguiole I bought in Denia, Spain (but I'm quite sure it was made in China):
epHVLvI.jpg

My Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider faux tortoise mini canoe:
oymzgaU.jpg

My Big Knife of the Week is this Case amber bone SBJr, won in @mrknife's never-ending GAW (not very big, but I classify it that way to get to carry it more often):
Z349fUK.jpg

Thank you, as always, GT! Fine assortment of knives today, but that Sanremu is particularly intriguing. I am not sure that I have seen it before.

Wonderful picture, Gev. The composition is exquisite, the knife... divine. Thank you for sharing.

I am carrying dual sawcuts today. I figured it was about time to pair them up.

Yo1yn0q.jpg

I leave in 20 minutes for a couple of days fishing the lower Potomac River and Chesapeake Bay for striped bass (season opens tomorrow, so I will be woefully behind this thread when I return. I am carrying these with me: only the Vic meets the criteria of this thread, but I'd be dishonest suggesting it was my sole EDC for this trip. (I did not post the fillet knives, as it would be bad luck to be so optimistic that they would be used.)

bIaRjvd.jpg

- Stuart

I leave in 20 minutes for a couple of days fishing the lower Potomac River and Chesapeake Bay for striped bass (season opens tomorrow, so I will be woefully behind this thread when I return. I am carrying these with me: only the Vic meets the criteria of this thread, but I'd be dishonest suggesting it was my sole EDC for this trip. (I did not post the fillet knives, as it would be bad luck to be so optimistic that they would be used.)

bIaRjvd.jpg

- Stuart

Best of luck on your fishing trip, Stuart. Looking forward to when you are able to report back here.

Thanks Dean, great combination :thumbsup:

Pocketing these two today, my ebony Lambsfoot, and my first GEC and first forum knife, gifted to me by Duncan @Campbellclanman, treasured always :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 891127

View attachment 891128

Thanks, Jack! That Duncan - nice guy. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Desirable cardinal and coal pairs, Dean and Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: The Case medium jack is such a classic.

My bailed non-SAK of the Week (although it doesn't technically have a bail, per se) is this Sanremu (thanks, Dave):
Mp8gZNp.jpg

My Euro Knife of the Week is a Laguiole I bought in Denia, Spain (but I'm quite sure it was made in China):
epHVLvI.jpg

My Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider faux tortoise mini canoe:
oymzgaU.jpg

My Big Knife of the Week is this Case amber bone SBJr, won in @mrknife's never-ending GAW (not very big, but I classify it that way to get to carry it more often):
Z349fUK.jpg

- GT

Thanks, Gary! A agree about the medium jack.

Quite a multinational cutlery collection you are carrying today.

I'm totin' my GEC 14 TC Barlow in black cherry today.

Back