What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Tell us about the bottom one, with picture open!

Thanks for the interest, these are photos when open. It is a Portuguese knife of the brand Curel with the blade in stainless steel and the hands in acrylic and with 3 1/2 "closed...;):thumbsup:

ae2vc3.jpg
24oxbww.jpg

Thanks for the interest, these are photos when open. It is a Portuguese knife of the brand Curel with the blade in stainless steel and the hands in acrylic and with 3 1/2 "closed...;):thumbsup:

ae2vc3.jpg
24oxbww.jpg
A Portuguese pattern for gunstock. Nice! :thumbsup:

Outstanding pair. Is the Case a 62024½?

The Barlow thread gave me the idea of pocketing red bone Barlows every day for a week. Here's day 1, along with the knife that did the non-cutting-related heavy lifting...

47459794341_9402daefa0_k.jpg

40493729293_fa2874497b_k.jpg

Thank you! Yes the Case is a 62024 1/2. Nice red pair you have today; I think your Case Barlow is particularly attractive. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I wouldn’t mind an ironwood or nice stag version. It’s pretty much a perfect user

Yes it's a great pattern with the superb gec quality we have come to know. I gravitated to it because of its similarities to the schrade walden 890 stockman. I prefer larger stockmans, mostly for aesthetics, but the 66 can do pretty much everything those can do. I haven't run into one thing where the 66 fell behind the larger knives in use.

With its size and chunky handles it's well suited to use in this sideways grip that I use on most knives. It fits snugly into my palm so I can get perfect control of the blades, which is especially useful for precise cutting. I can also easily put my index finger on the spine of the blade in this grip for even more precision. You can do this just fine with larger stockmans as well, but I like how the 66 is engulfed by my hand where a larger 4" stockman would stick out more.

IMG_3415.JPG IMG_3416.JPG

Nice pairing, Jack. For some reason the rhyme "Black on yellow, Kill a fellow" keeps running through my head!

Pearl is looking good. Don't see you with multi-blade knives that often. What do you think of the stockman pattern?

Thanks Vince :) I don't think I've ever heard that rhyme before. I have quite a lot of Stockman knives, but find I carry multi-bladed knives less and less :thumbsup:

I thought I’d mix some Micarta with my Midnight Special on this rainy Monday! :)

39792137104_e65c73a810_b_d.jpg

Nice Black n Tan pairing Ron :thumbsup:

Thanks Vince :) I don't think I've ever heard that rhyme before.
It's about snakes:
"Red Touch Yellow - Kills a Fellow
Red Touch Black - Venom Lack
Yellow Touches Red - Soon You'll Be Dead
Red Touches Black - Friend of Jack"

Since I memorized it wrong, I'd be in trouble if I ran into a coral snake!

Last edited:
I have quite a lot of Stockman knives, but find I carry multi-bladed knives less and less :thumbsup:
I love stockmans, but seem to carry single blades more and more myself.

Well, here's to variety in tastes! I carried nothing but single blade lockbacks for decades; now I carry multi-blades every single day, and only occasionally add a larger single blade.

Nice pair! Is it bone or delrin covers on the 72? The 72 is the most ideal sized knife for me. Length and thickness feels just right in hand and in the pocket with a perfect blade combo. Would love to see it with blades open.

Great bone on that old cattle knife!

Thank you kindly! I wish it was bone, but for delrin, it looks ok. Not sure how a previous owner cobbled up the shield, but the pin is showing- lol.
Fully agree on the 72~ great size, utility, and very stout.View attachment 1098421

Back