1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 37 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Sabol Brothers Kiridashi , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
  2. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
    [​IMG]

3. mbkr

mbkr

May 20, 2018
    I've been carrying the Leatherman B2 on and off for a while. I've become fond of it. Lightweight, good quality, takes a good edge and has a serrated blade. It may get carried less in the future since I just bought a serrated Spyderco Ladybug for my keychain. Having a serrated blade in addition to the plain edge is a big attraction of the B2 for me. I'm not a big fan of combo blades. Having one of each is handy.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Chief

Chief Chief Master Sergeant USAF (ret) 1975-2000 Platinum Member

Nov 15, 1998
    One or both of these daily. Sending good vibes to @waynorth

[​IMG]

5. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    All right, sounds good :thumbsup:
    Any blade play to speak of?

JohnDF likes this.
  6. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Got tired of cracked screens.:)
    [​IMG]

7. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Utica Tungsten, Case, Wright, Vic.
    [​IMG]
    I have a hard time carrying a lambsfoot because one is too long, one is too bulky, two are too nice, and three are a little off-pattern, made in England though they may have been (TEW).
    This one is authentic and compact, yet messed up enough that I don't care what's in the pocket with it. Maybe someday I'll get a pin that matches, but NS is so much more expensive than brass. I guess I was too lazy to make steel work.

8. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    It looks worse, or rather more used than the pic implies. A quick photoshop to make it look presentable.

Thanks @Dopic1 :)

[​IMG]

9. Dopic1

Dopic1 Titanic Boat Insurance Platinum Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Love that one Ted, I may have to pick up another sometime. :)

r8shell and T. Erdelyi like this.
  10. Mingecutter

Mingecutter

Sep 7, 2011
    Picked this 66 SFO up off the Exchange a few weeks back :D

20190530_120957.jpg

11. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]

12. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Taking the wife and kids to TN. They allowed me a stop at SMKW. Figured the vacation one week carry deserved a photo op.

*edit* seems my gold membership ran out. Guess I gotta fix that even I get back home

[​IMG]

13. Jak3

Jak3

Sep 6, 2016
    [​IMG]

14. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    None on mine.

Pinemoon likes this.
  15. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Admire that a lot:cool: sunk-joint on Master, is it a Half Whittler? If so, one of CASE'S great Penknife patterns:thumbsup:

Thanks, Will

RDaneel likes this.
  16. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Work took a richly deserved back-seat today:D Got out for a walk at the country place after re-installing the Robot mower for the season, no more sitting on a noisy fumey insect magnet mower for me since 2012 ;) It works when you want it, makes no noise and cuts superbly you don't have to pick up clippings and compost the stinking stuff . Anyway, fine day in terms of sunshine but a raging wind all day rather put me off. I took a small minimal pack, snack, water-bottle and of course a PSK tin;) These two covered my needs admirably and you could get by with them alone, but who really wants to on a Knife Forum?:D

[​IMG]

17. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    This trio apparently has some luck, the Blues won in overtime last night! Also something pretty cool: I was watching the game at a watch party at the Enterprise Center, the Blues home ice (the game was in Boston). The tv sound feed cut out during the National Anthem, so the fans finished singing it :).

[​IMG]

18. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Way cool. Go Blues!

19. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Thanks Vince, much appreciated!

Prester John likes this.
  20. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Caught the final period of Game one, Tom. Can't see the NBCSN games, but games 4 and on will be on NBC. Have only come to appreciate hockey in recent years, after attending local games. We got a minor league team here about 1999 or 2000, but I didn't watch for years. Fell in love with the game first time I went (maybe 10 years ago). The team is now a youth hockey team in the NAHL, but with the same name: IceRays. I guess I love games where a small hard object is beat with a stick (baseball, hockey, golf)!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]