1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I made it last week out of a worn out 6" Nicholson mill bastard.

2. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I think you need to make another one.:)

3. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
  4. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    If I had another file to make one from then I might be asking for your address.

Frailer likes this.
  5. Laurelbb

Laurelbb Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    carrying my CSC Co-Op Boys knife and new Benchmark Knives (AUS) mini ti pry- adorable, too small to open bottle well tho. looking around for another one. the gluten free beer is surprisingly good!
    BoysKnife&Beer.jpg MiniPry.jpg

6. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    3 classic crimson crusaders, José!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Australia? Wow! ;):thumbsup:
    I see you have another VERY attractive brown jigged bone simple single-blade knife to console you!! :thumbsup::cool::)

Thanks for the ID, Dwight; very cool and stylistically so similar to the Good Roads knife! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

You won't get much argument from me, other than a suggestion to not limit yourself to Case sowbellies - the pattern is lovable from many makers. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Ron and Dean. :) RR smooth tobacco bone is hard to beat when it's that rich brown, but sometimes it comes with a much more yellow hue that I don't care much for.

Sounds like a good plan for your trio of lambsfoots, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for some additional info about your rosewood lambsfoot. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Glad you liked it. :)

Two nice pics, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I especially like the sun, water, and stag in the second shot.

I hope your recovery is fast and full, Harry. :):thumbsup:

Hey! The famous tree limb is back in a gorgeous shot! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Classic charmer, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Tom, and good luck! ;):thumbsup::cool:

You've already addressed this, but upon seeing it initially, I contemplated many numbered collaborators for Kenny Rogers that could be mixed and matched: First Edition, Second Helping, Third Wheel, Fourth Estate, Fifth Dimension, Sixth Sense, Seventh Heaven, etc.

That IS an impressive assortment! :cool::cool::thumbsup: What's that bluish knife (lockback?) next to the Case Trapper?

My Plain Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider with gunstock checkered covers (thanks, Will):
    [​IMG]

My Fancy Canoe this week is a Buck stag canoe:
    [​IMG]

My Stockman this week is a Case humpback stockman in harvest orange bone (thanks, Mike):
    [​IMG]

- GT

7. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Nice looking knives. Love the wood covers and the lambsfoot blade!

tmd_87 likes this.
  8. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Thanks!

JaxBaron likes this.
  9. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Wow Harvey, that bad boy looks like a space ship! :cool:

Gorgeous trio of knives GT.

cigarrodog likes this.
  10. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    This was in the mail waiting for me when I got home so I dropped it in my pocket. Dang near need suspenders because it’s hefty for a pocket knife, but all the springs are good and strong.

[​IMG]

11. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    2015 Yankee Jack in Antique Yellow Jig Bone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    HJ #10 & orange bone RR stockman in my pockets today. HJ & OrangeStockman - 1.jpg

13. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Fodderwing Thank you Dwight:). Bastien is one of my favorites.

14. thefrank

thefrank Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Northwoods Madison Barlow in today's pocket dump

[​IMG]

15. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    My Friend : Now that I have thought about your words and I am always more than happy to be an Enabler and I am grateful to Mr. @paulhilborn for being the Enabler for showing his 38 Lick Creek Farmer's Jack . He used to show his quite a bit .
    I am even carrying mine again today .

Harry

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  16. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Wood for Thursday:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Keeping it simple.

17. Vaporstang

Vaporstang Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2014
    I wasn't quite awake this morning and thought I had grabbed something else. A Schrade-Walden minor reclamation knife.... I think it will be in my pocket again tomorrow.

[​IMG]

18. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    It's a Mikov (Czech Republic).
    [​IMG]

19. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I must compliment you on the leatherwork!

Let’s all blame Paul!:D
    Yep, that farmer’s jack pattern grows on you, doesn’t it?

This old jack earned another totin today.
    I used it hard yesterday. Fed up to here and back with fighting the creeping charlie and other weeds in my garden, I decided to lay down fabric weed barrier in a couple of sections. We’ll see how that works.
    I had 16 broccoli and cauliflower plants to set out, and just cut an X through the fabric for each one. Used the old Eagle jack, and as you can imagine, stabbing through landscape fabric into the soil was rough on the edge. Since I had to clean and resharpen it today, and in appreciation for performing well yesterday, it’s with me again.
    Also, the Craftsman folding hunter is in my pocket because I hope to make a sheath for it. 842D4292-256B-480E-95E9-FE372A853538.jpeg 5A4F42E0-543F-4A83-A96A-2F9284376789.jpeg

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  20. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Good morning everyone! :)

[​IMG]