What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I made it last week out of a worn out 6" Nicholson mill bastard.

2. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I think you need to make another one.:)

3. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
  4. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    If I had another file to make one from then I might be asking for your address.

Frailer likes this.
  5. Laurelbb

Laurelbb Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    carrying my CSC Co-Op Boys knife and new Benchmark Knives (AUS) mini ti pry- adorable, too small to open bottle well tho. looking around for another one. the gluten free beer is surprisingly good!
    BoysKnife&Beer.jpg MiniPry.jpg

6. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    3 classic crimson crusaders, José!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Australia? Wow! ;):thumbsup:
    I see you have another VERY attractive brown jigged bone simple single-blade knife to console you!! :thumbsup::cool::)

Thanks for the ID, Dwight; very cool and stylistically so similar to the Good Roads knife! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

You won't get much argument from me, other than a suggestion to not limit yourself to Case sowbellies - the pattern is lovable from many makers. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Ron and Dean. :) RR smooth tobacco bone is hard to beat when it's that rich brown, but sometimes it comes with a much more yellow hue that I don't care much for.

Sounds like a good plan for your trio of lambsfoots, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for some additional info about your rosewood lambsfoot. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Glad you liked it. :)

Two nice pics, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I especially like the sun, water, and stag in the second shot.

I hope your recovery is fast and full, Harry. :):thumbsup:

Hey! The famous tree limb is back in a gorgeous shot! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Classic charmer, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Tom, and good luck! ;):thumbsup::cool:

You've already addressed this, but upon seeing it initially, I contemplated many numbered collaborators for Kenny Rogers that could be mixed and matched: First Edition, Second Helping, Third Wheel, Fourth Estate, Fifth Dimension, Sixth Sense, Seventh Heaven, etc.

That IS an impressive assortment! :cool::cool::thumbsup: What's that bluish knife (lockback?) next to the Case Trapper?

My Plain Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider with gunstock checkered covers (thanks, Will):
    [​IMG]

My Fancy Canoe this week is a Buck stag canoe:
    [​IMG]

My Stockman this week is a Case humpback stockman in harvest orange bone (thanks, Mike):
    [​IMG]

- GT

7. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Nice looking knives. Love the wood covers and the lambsfoot blade!

tmd_87 likes this.
  8. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Thanks!

JaxBaron likes this.
  9. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Wow Harvey, that bad boy looks like a space ship! :cool:

Gorgeous trio of knives GT.

cigarrodog likes this.
  10. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    This was in the mail waiting for me when I got home so I dropped it in my pocket. Dang near need suspenders because it’s hefty for a pocket knife, but all the springs are good and strong.

[​IMG]

11. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    2015 Yankee Jack in Antique Yellow Jig Bone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    HJ #10 & orange bone RR stockman in my pockets today. HJ & OrangeStockman - 1.jpg

13. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Fodderwing Thank you Dwight:). Bastien is one of my favorites.

14. thefrank

thefrank

Jan 26, 2013
    Northwoods Madison Barlow in today's pocket dump

[​IMG]

15. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    My Friend : Now that I have thought about your words and I am always more than happy to be an Enabler and I am grateful to Mr. @paulhilborn for being the Enabler for showing his 38 Lick Creek Farmer's Jack . He used to show his quite a bit .
    I am even carrying mine again today .

Harry

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  16. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Wood for Thursday:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Keeping it simple.

17. Vaporstang

Vaporstang Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2014
    I wasn't quite awake this morning and thought I had grabbed something else. A Schrade-Walden minor reclamation knife.... I think it will be in my pocket again tomorrow.

[​IMG]

18. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    It's a Mikov (Czech Republic).
    [​IMG]

19. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I must compliment you on the leatherwork!

Let’s all blame Paul!:D
    Yep, that farmer’s jack pattern grows on you, doesn’t it?

This old jack earned another totin today.
    I used it hard yesterday. Fed up to here and back with fighting the creeping charlie and other weeds in my garden, I decided to lay down fabric weed barrier in a couple of sections. We’ll see how that works.
    I had 16 broccoli and cauliflower plants to set out, and just cut an X through the fabric for each one. Used the old Eagle jack, and as you can imagine, stabbing through landscape fabric into the soil was rough on the edge. Since I had to clean and resharpen it today, and in appreciation for performing well yesterday, it’s with me again.
    Also, the Craftsman folding hunter is in my pocket because I hope to make a sheath for it. 842D4292-256B-480E-95E9-FE372A853538.jpeg 5A4F42E0-543F-4A83-A96A-2F9284376789.jpeg

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  20. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Good morning everyone! :)

[​IMG]