What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

n6Yo8PL.jpg

Today in my pocket with one of these SAK Alox pioneer old cross!;):thumbsup:
10pvhwh.jpg
3 classic crimson crusaders, José!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, GT. It is on its way to Australia as we speak.

Welcome to the Alliance. :cool:
Brown Scout for work today...
Australia? Wow! ;):thumbsup:
I see you have another VERY attractive brown jigged bone simple single-blade knife to console you!! :thumbsup::cool::)

Thanks GT. It is a "coin" knife. I don't have a pic of it open but you can see the blades from this side of it.View attachment 1136432
Thanks for the ID, Dwight; very cool and stylistically so similar to the Good Roads knife! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I think I'm starting to love the Case Sowbelly. What a beautiful knife case makes, with perfect fit and finish. This may be pocket knife perfection.
33pKQsB.jpg

33pKQsB.jpg
You won't get much argument from me, other than a suggestion to not limit yourself to Case sowbellies - the pattern is lovable from many makers. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gary your RR has some beautiful bone! Overall a very nice looking watch pocket knife! :thumbsup: :)
Very nice, Gary, very nice.
Thanks, Ron and Dean. :) RR smooth tobacco bone is hard to beat when it's that rich brown, but sometimes it comes with a much more yellow hue that I don't care much for.

Thanks, Gary. I did get a beautiful rosewood specimen. But I have stellar stag and iridescent ironwood, too. I polished the AC blade with Flitz, and am going to try to keep the blades shiny on my stag and ironwood knives, but will use the rosewood freely on food, even, and let the patina form.
Sounds like a good plan for your trio of lambsfoots, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Why, yes; yes there is. Blame Jack. He sent me this "working" knife, for which I'm grateful. It's not perfect, but I'm less picky than some, and have hundreds of "poor, cheap" knives. They teach me things...

This one has been getting a lot of pocket time lately. It's a very good watch pocket knife, and fairly stiff, so I'm using it. My only complaint about the pattern is that I do occasionally miss the pen on my usual Jack or Congress.
hMflUea.jpg
Thanks for some additional info about your rosewood lambsfoot. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Gary, interesting thread.:thumbsup:
Glad you liked it. :)

Morning folks, treating myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day today ;) :thumbsup:

l4GpnCG.jpg

xxcNe5B.jpg
Two nice pics, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I especially like the sun, water, and stag in the second shot.

No bite my friend , carpal tunnel op.

Harry
I hope your recovery is fast and full, Harry. :):thumbsup:

Smooth Ivory Bone #06 Pemberton
vfREyeT.jpg
Hey! The famous tree limb is back in a gorgeous shot! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Classic charmer, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

It is really cool that you still have your first knife GT :thumbsup: :cool:

My first was a 2 blade Coca Cola knife that I have tried to find for years but fear it is lost for good.

Hoping these three are lucky for my team tonight.

AzXruAn.jpg
Thanks, Tom, and good luck! ;):thumbsup::cool:

We're kidding, right? because that was Kenny Rogers and the Fifth Edition.
You've already addressed this, but upon seeing it initially, I contemplated many numbered collaborators for Kenny Rogers that could be mixed and matched: First Edition, Second Helping, Third Wheel, Fourth Estate, Fifth Dimension, Sixth Sense, Seventh Heaven, etc.

An embarrassment of riches:
nCXu59R.jpg

And dragging this one behind me in my Radio Flyer little red wagon.
jHyWG5P.jpg

What was that movie where W.C. Fields transformed milksop Bing Crosby into "Colonel Steele, the singing killer"? And had some tales to tell:
"'I unsheathed my Bowie knife, and hewed a path through a wall of human flesh, dragging my canoe behind me'.
'Where was the goat?'
'Under my arm.'".
That IS an impressive assortment! :cool::cool::thumbsup: What's that bluish knife (lockback?) next to the Case Trapper?

My Plain Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider with gunstock checkered covers (thanks, Will):
tIlxC93.jpg

My Fancy Canoe this week is a Buck stag canoe:
KIJDrdr.jpg

My Stockman this week is a Case humpback stockman in harvest orange bone (thanks, Mike):
GhPAKzQ.jpg

- GT

French Custom Friction Folder from Bastinelli.
View attachment 1136651
Wow Harvey, that bad boy looks like a space ship! :cool:

3 classic crimson crusaders, José!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Australia? Wow! ;):thumbsup:
I see you have another VERY attractive brown jigged bone simple single-blade knife to console you!! :thumbsup::cool::)

Thanks for the ID, Dwight; very cool and stylistically so similar to the Good Roads knife! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

You won't get much argument from me, other than a suggestion to not limit yourself to Case sowbellies - the pattern is lovable from many makers. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Ron and Dean. :) RR smooth tobacco bone is hard to beat when it's that rich brown, but sometimes it comes with a much more yellow hue that I don't care much for.

Sounds like a good plan for your trio of lambsfoots, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for some additional info about your rosewood lambsfoot. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Glad you liked it. :)

Two nice pics, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I especially like the sun, water, and stag in the second shot.

I hope your recovery is fast and full, Harry. :):thumbsup:

Hey! The famous tree limb is back in a gorgeous shot! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Classic charmer, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Tom, and good luck! ;):thumbsup::cool:

You've already addressed this, but upon seeing it initially, I contemplated many numbered collaborators for Kenny Rogers that could be mixed and matched: First Edition, Second Helping, Third Wheel, Fourth Estate, Fifth Dimension, Sixth Sense, Seventh Heaven, etc.

That IS an impressive assortment! :cool::cool::thumbsup: What's that bluish knife (lockback?) next to the Case Trapper?

My Plain Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider with gunstock checkered covers (thanks, Will):
tIlxC93.jpg

My Fancy Canoe this week is a Buck stag canoe:
KIJDrdr.jpg

My Stockman this week is a Case humpback stockman in harvest orange bone (thanks, Mike):
GhPAKzQ.jpg

- GT
Gorgeous trio of knives GT.

At first, the farmer’s jack/ Orchard Gem looks funny. One end is skinny, one is fat, the blade curves the wrong way, and it sticks out a lot when it’s closed.
Then some enabler hands you one, and says “check this out”.
Then you get a hollow feeling in the pit of yer belly whenever somebody shows a photo of one.
My Friend : Now that I have thought about your words and I am always more than happy to be an Enabler and I am grateful to Mr. paulhilborn paulhilborn for being the Enabler for showing his 38 Lick Creek Farmer's Jack . He used to show his quite a bit .
I am even carrying mine again today .

Harry

Last edited:
HJ #10 & orange bone RR stockman in my pockets today.View attachment 1136977
I must compliment you on the leatherwork!

My Friend : Now that I have thought about your words and I am always more than happy to be an Enabler and I am grateful to Mr. paulhilborn paulhilborn for being the Enabler for showing his 38 Lick Creek Farmer's Jack . He used to show his quite a bit .
I am even carrying mine again today .

Harry
Let’s all blame Paul!:D
Yep, that farmer’s jack pattern grows on you, doesn’t it?

This old jack earned another totin today.
I used it hard yesterday. Fed up to here and back with fighting the creeping charlie and other weeds in my garden, I decided to lay down fabric weed barrier in a couple of sections. We’ll see how that works.
I had 16 broccoli and cauliflower plants to set out, and just cut an X through the fabric for each one. Used the old Eagle jack, and as you can imagine, stabbing through landscape fabric into the soil was rough on the edge. Since I had to clean and resharpen it today, and in appreciation for performing well yesterday, it’s with me again.
Also, the Craftsman folding hunter is in my pocket because I hope to make a sheath for it.View attachment 1137034View attachment 1137035

Last edited:
Back