What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Happy Wooden Wednesday!
4y5Ok5A.jpg

Life looks rosey my friend :):thumbsup:

I had this Lambsfoot with me today and when I retrieved the Toothpick from my mailbox, it promptly joined the other in my pockets. I guess it is a Stag kind of day.

UG9Nmqb.jpg

GH3FbyI.jpg

Choice stag there Dylan :):thumbsup:

Heading to San Antonio for three days to visit my octagenarian uncle.
EwFa8dM.jpg

Will be toting these:
ebNV9O8.jpg

Case trapper.
And:
C6LGnuW.jpg

A. Wright & Son lambsfoot.

Remember D-Day: 75th anniversary on Thursday.
CB3XCm2.jpg

USS Lexington.

843NtSj.jpg

USS Texas.

Have a great visit Vince :thumbsup:

Excellent idea, Jack! :thumbsup::D:D Zorro knows a thing or two about righting wrongs!

Too right GT! :D :thumbsup:

Lambsfoot today was no help to The Three Lions.
h7Xo9jM.jpg

At least the bread came out good! :D :thumbsup:

Jack, Dean, David, Stuart, Jeff: thanks for the fine and touching commemorations of D-Day! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :thumbsup:

Great pic Kevin :) :thumbsup:

“Pizza and knives. It’s what’s for dinner.”:)

That's what I thought Harvey, but when I rang my favourite pizza place, they're closed for a week! :eek: o_O :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

These two alllllll day and I didn't complain once!
View attachment 1140757

:):thumbsup:

Here's thinking of all for Memorial Day, D-Day, Battle of the Bulge and all those who served and the sacrifices they made.
9ZLf6UF.jpg

Thanks to you too Dennis :thumbsup:

Gorgeous ebony Ron :thumbsup:

Thank you Stuart.

Kutmaster, UticaView attachment 1140820

Some fun for Friday :)

:cool::thumbsup:

Any day with a TC Barlow is a good day.

Your Ancient always looks good Dean :):thumbsup:

TGIF, folks!
EAWtb6W.jpg

Smashing Gary :) :thumbsup:

Evening folks (well it's evening here)! Hope everyone is having a good Friday :thumbsup: I've had a busy day in Sheffield with my AC Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

qj6NNnU.jpg

Life looks rosey my friend :):thumbsup:

Choice stag there Dylan :):thumbsup:

Have a great visit Vince :thumbsup:

Too right GT! :D :thumbsup:

At least the bread came out good! :D :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :thumbsup:

Great pic Kevin :) :thumbsup:

That's what I thought Harvey, but when I rang my favourite pizza place, they're closed for a week! :eek: o_O :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

:):thumbsup:

Thanks to you too Dennis :thumbsup:

Gorgeous ebony Ron :thumbsup:

:cool::thumbsup:

Smashing Gary :) :thumbsup:

Evening folks (well it's evening here)! Hope everyone is having a good Friday :thumbsup: I've had a busy day in Sheffield with my AC Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

qj6NNnU.jpg
Well you have your AC so all is good.

@Duckdog - Stuart, that Senator Pen...I think I’m in love.

What a treat to see !!!A whole new realm of collecting...must resist..lol
Thanks Gev. Yeah, don't go there! :rolleyes: Step away from the all metal knives... :eek: slippery slope... :D

Rough Rider shadow trapper, ( that sounds kinda cool lol) I re-dyed it from an awful orange yellow,to a much better rich brown. And an A. Wright & Sons lambsfoot
Very nice David. So, did you go with the coffee dye job?

I quoted the photos of the moose and farmer’s jack so they’d be on this page too! Very nice :thumbsup:
Man o man o man....luscious...you must have found a time machine !!
Thanks for the nice words Jeff and Gev!

Schrade walden congress with coins in one pocket...

View attachment 1140817

...and ulster jr cattle in the back pocket.

View attachment 1140818
Great pair Paul!!

Nice one!!

You’ve been posting real nice oldies lately!:thumbsup: Is that new to you? It’s gorgeous.

I wanted some color to brighten an already beautiful (if humid) day, so I grabbed this Shapleigh "Diamond Edge" model B472 senator pen in abalone celluloid (1917- mid 1940s).

pzGGwEl.jpg

udZS0m3.jpg

And I decided to spice things up for Fiery Friday with this E.C. Simmons Keen Kutter, also in celluloid (1870-1940).

GjPURAP.jpg

ZuUObPi.jpg

These should get the tongues wagging when i join my friends for libations this afternoon.

- Stuart
You sure got my tongue wagging on those 2 Stuart. The celluloid on the KK almost looks like real tortoise shell.

Really cool pair of cell penknives Gev! You and Stuart @Duckdog must have planned you guys’ choice of totes today. Love the DE’s!

So many beautiful knives today! Thank you for the eye candy everyone!

Got this one in my pocket today.

Really cool pair of cell penknives Gev! You and Stuart @Duckdog must have planned you guys’ choice of totes today. Love the DE’s!

So many beautiful knives today! Thank you for the eye candy everyone!

Got this one in my pocket today.

Truth be told...when I saw his post, my first thought is where is that old cracked ice DE I found in that pile of knives tub, years ago ? I went into the cell quarantine unit and wallah ;):)

Another quintessential oldie :eek: I love to see that one :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fodderwing Fodderwing

I have the determination of GT ( Gary ) and fixed blades ...lol

Lovely old Lambsfoot Harvey :) :thumbsup:

PbK02AP.jpg

Rough Rider shadow trapper, ( that sounds kinda cool lol) I re-dyed it from an awful orange yellow,to a much better rich brown. And an A. Wright & Sons lambsfoot.

Great job on that RR David, and it's nice to see your Lambsfoot riding shotgun :thumbsup:

I wanted some color to brighten an already beautiful (if humid) day, so I grabbed this Shapleigh "Diamond Edge" model B472 senator pen in abalone celluloid (1917- mid 1940s).

pzGGwEl.jpg

udZS0m3.jpg

And I decided to spice things up for Fiery Friday with this E.C. Simmons Keen Kutter, also in celluloid (1870-1940).

GjPURAP.jpg

ZuUObPi.jpg

These should get the tongues wagging when i join my friends for libations this afternoon.

- Stuart

Stunning oldies Stuart :cool: :thumbsup:

Beautiful picture of your AC out in nature. :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you very much John :) :thumbsup:

Well you have your AC so all is good.

@Duckdog - Stuart, that Senator Pen...I think I’m in love.

Thanks pal, it's actually had a fair bit of use today too :) :thumbsup:

Superb pair Gev :) :thumbsup:

I’ve often pondered whether I’d find it handy to carry a small fixed blade knife, so I’m going to give this lightly modified Victorinox paring knife a try for a few days. So far so good.

View attachment 1140872

That's really cool. Did it come with the Kydex sheath?

I've said many times that from a pure functionality point of view, most folks would be well served by a pairing knife.

I've said many times that from a pure functionality point of view, most folks would be well served by a pairing knife.

I carried a paring knife for much of my boyhood :) I told my mother I wanted a sheath knife and she took one out of the kitchen drawer, gave it my dad to sharpen up at work, and made me a leather sheath, one of the most useful knives I've ever owned :thumbsup:

I carried a paring knife for much of my boyhood :) I told my mother I wanted a sheath knife and she took one out of the kitchen drawer, gave it my dad to sharpen up at work, and made me a leather sheath, one of the most useful knives I've ever owned :thumbsup:

I love that simple glimpse into your young life Jack and your Mother's practicality. Sadly - there will be few current day young sons sharing similar tales :(

Ray

Thank you kindly, Dean !! That TC is divine and why do I want to go fishing all of a sudden :p:D:)

Thank you so much, Gev!

qj6NNnU.jpg

Thank you, Jack! That's great knife (and great photo)!

Back