1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    That's a fine picture. José.

Well done, Harvey, Well done, indeed.

Stainless and Delrin are surely suitable for the humidity that we are feeling in the Old Dominion nowadays, GT (or Delrin and an oily rag). That is a fine looking Case peanut, all in all, a fine looking knife.

- Stuart

cigarrodog likes this.
  2. Duckdog

Jul 26, 2012
    Tall trapper Thursday? Whatever, I'm totin' an oldie, but goldie today - a Case 6151 large trapper (5 1/4") from 1905-1920:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Stuart

peanutsxx, chuck4570, jwb01 and 31 others like this.
  3. kai76

kai76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Thank you, I like them Robeson’s. Nice to see you posting!

Those Barlow’s look like solid little tanks!

I appreciate the nice comments GT. Nice Case’s you have today!:thumbsup:

Very very nice knives and an even nicer gesture from Stuart. @Duckdog

Thanks Stuart. Killer knife you’re toting today!

4. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    From the mail into my pocket.
    [​IMG]

jwb01, Old Hunter, Pinemoon and 24 others like this.
  5. Duckdog

Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks. Ron, for encouraging my flagging restraint. I do remember the day you and I had a cutlery contrived lunch at my favorite knife-friendly saloon and later looked through the piles of boxes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm glad to see that the Mill Bros./Queen pair seem to have settled suitably into their relatively new home. Best wishes to you and Miss Pam.
    - Stuart

peanutsxx, jwb01, Old Hunter and 22 others like this.
  6. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Wow quite the collection lot of nice stag in there!

Duckdog likes this.
  7. kai76

kai76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Cattaraugus
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, jwb01, Old Hunter and 28 others like this.
  8. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Do you ever wonder if that old Made In Solingen knife was named after the old German 88 Guns of WW I and WW II ???? I certainly seeing you post it my friend .

Harry

SteveC likes this.
  9. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Yes Harry I have wondered the same thing and I don't know the answer. I do know that "Richards", in Sheffield, which was started by offspring of the owner of "Richartz" in Germany, produced knives with very similar bolsters, some of which had tang stamps - "No 30". Perhaps Neal - @herder - or Jack - @Jack Black - could provide an answer. :) fullsizeoutput_dcb.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    jwb01, Old Hunter, Pinemoon and 18 others like this.
  10. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you Nick! It was indeed a nice gesture. One which is not uncommon on the Porch! :)

Thank you Stuart! I definitely remember that day. Good food, great hospitality, and a lot of beautiful old knives! :thumbsup: It doesn’t get much better my friend! I hope we can do it again sometime soon! Best wishes to you and Miss Norma.

kai76, cigarrodog, Fodderwing and 2 others like this.
  11. Old Engineer

Nov 30, 2014
    Carried this Northfield 25 to the YMCA and then coffee with friends
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then added this to my pockets when we went shopping for MORE FLOWERS for the gardens .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oh yeah , I forgot to mention that we stopped at the Kringle Factory .
    [​IMG]

Of course we had to have some and @Half/Stop had some by proxy . It was good Ron .
    [​IMG]

Harry

12. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Which explains why you spend so much time at the YMCA. :rolleyes: ;) :) :p :D

13. Old Engineer

Nov 30, 2014
    Not true my friend . If you cut it right and shake it when you put it on your plate , the calories all fall out . We go to the YMCA to see our friends and then have coffee . At our age , we need to see friends . Kringle is very much like Stag handled knives too . I will only eat Kringle on days that end with a Y .

Harry

14. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    How about this one for Friday?
    [​IMG]
    Bet some of these guys carried something similar.

15. Duckdog

Jul 26, 2012
    Post of the day!!!
    - Stuart

16. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    hahaha! Well that is fantastic! :D The only Kringle we have here is the little guy that swings by on Christmas Eve and I suppose I am thankful cause I don't need the temptation. Although I managed to scarf a sizable funnel cake and footlong corn dog at a car show today. 50 minutes every Mon, Wed and Fri at the gym keeps me barely holding my own. Kringles would push me over the edge. :eek:

Ace choice Vince and cool for Black Friday. :) Love the background.

Pinemoon, dc50, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.
  17. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, Dwight. Wanted that book years ago, and saw it in a bookstore last week.
    The knife is, as many will recognize, a GEC #15 Huckleberry Boys Knife, courtesy of @r redden. One of my favorites.

Pinemoon, r redden, Dschal and 3 others like this.
  18. Duckdog

Jul 26, 2012
    Harry and Dwight, I'm on a whole food diet - whole pizza, whole chicken, whole lotta collard greens . . .
    - Stuart

dc50, cigarrodog, Half/Stop and 4 others like this.
  19. Old Engineer

Nov 30, 2014
    Now that is a whole lot of food right there Stuart .

Harry

20. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    This is just a sweet image Gev and I never tire of that mesmerizing LB Kissing Krane! :eek: :rolleyes: :)

Great post Ron. I did not know that and it is very cool to hear. Fantastic Ebony again! :)

dc50, cigarrodog and Duckdog like this.