What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

A little ebony today

9QjFDbDh.jpg

My "plain" canoe this week is a brown sawcut bone Rough Rider that's actually quite "fancy", while my "fancy" canoe is a Schrade-Wostenholm I*XL stag (thanks for the GAW, @cchu518):
canoe.sawcut.mark.2open.jpg
closed.pile.printer.jpg

My international knife this week is a Richartz with multiplication tables on the covers (thanks, Mark):
c23Renb.jpg

My watch pocket knife is an old celluloid LF&C pen knife (thanks, different Mark):
DOy0j1A.jpg

- GT

Thanks, Jack. I hope whoever found it was pleased to find a nice little knife.

With me today. No suit and no park bench lunch today. ;)
mRfRqXD.jpg

I hope so Gary, mine was my grandfather's British WW2 pattern Navy Clasp Knife by Joseph Rodgers, opened like a bear-trap, closed like a guillotine, so I hope I'm not responsible for any amputated digits! :eek: ;) A fine pair my friend :) :thumbsup:

My "plain" canoe this week is a brown sawcut bone Rough Rider that's actually quite "fancy", while my "fancy" canoe is a Schrade-Wostenholm I*XL stag (thanks for the GAW, @cchu518):
View attachment 1151517
View attachment 1151518

My international knife this week is a Richartz with multiplication tables on the covers (thanks, Mark):
c23Renb.jpg

My watch pocket knife is an old celluloid LF&C pen knife (thanks, different Mark):
DOy0j1A.jpg

- GT

Quality quartet GT :thumbsup:

For Wednesday.

nXJF8yv.jpg

Nice Tom :) :thumbsup:

I hope so Gary, mine was my grandfather's British WW2 pattern Navy Clasp Knife by Joseph Rodgers, opened like a bear-trap, closed like a guillotine, so I hope I'm not responsible for any amputated digits! :eek: ;) A fine pair my friend :) :thumbsup:

That's a tough one to lose, Jack! My condolences. No wonder you remember that 5 decades later. I'm sure I would also.
Thanks for the nice comment!

Those two look great together Ron :) :thumbsup:

Happy memories indeed my friend :) They certainly didn't throw much away back then did they? :) I think they'd think of us as crazy! :rolleyes: So you're not the only smart one in the family? Your brother has a good memory :) Thank you very much Chin :) :thumbsup:

I thought you'd enjoy this pic :eek: ;) :D :thumbsup:

jUpkSRg.jpg
That’s a cool factory floor shot.

Jack Black Jack Black Thank you Jack. I knew you would have something to say. The last two lines, even if unfiltered, is nigh indecipherable. I think you would need an electron microscope to properly read the tang. I’m willing to bet you are correct...as usual.

Your beautiful Barlow, from that angle, looks a wee bit precarious.:)

Trying to get this beauty out in the world more often.
View attachment 1151447
Wondrous Whittler!

Thanks, Jack. I hope whoever found it was pleased to find a nice little knife.

With me today. No suit and no park bench lunch today. ;)
mRfRqXD.jpg
Suit pants, being baggy with their vertical pocket openings are bad for losing knives, luckily, weddings and funerals are the only times Mrs Fleschwund makes me dress like that. Just can’t go crazy on the dance floor!

But the worst are my Osh Kosh overalls. The bottoms of the pockets are sewn to the leg so that when you set down your chainsaw and sit down on the stump making your knees higher than your butt, everything slides out.:eek:
Man, these new Waynorth lambfoots are looking good! Of course, your photog skills help.
Between these and @Jack Black’s new barlows, y’all are killing me. Good stuff.:thumbsup:

Suit pants, being baggy with their vertical pocket openings are bad for losing knives, luckily, weddings and funerals are the only times Mrs Fleschwund makes me dress like that.

But the worst are my Osh Kosh overalls. The bottoms of the pockets are sewn to the leg so that when you set down your chainsaw and sit down on the stump making your knees higher than your butt, everything slides out.:eek:
I try to steer clear of suits now. I wore one everyday for way too many years. Now, as you mentioned, it's weddings, funerals and the rare occasion my better half won't let me get away with a sport coat and jeans.

Note to self: steer clear of Osh Kosh overalls too!:D

Back