What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I planned to stop by the river today on my way out of town from working. Played around an hour without a bite, but the Buck 424 was ready to work if called on. OH
Buck-424-X-Bucklite-1990-with-bass-lures.jpg

Old German stag is so memorable! Great Teutonic twosome, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks GT!!!
Nice Euro-pair for Wooden Wednesday, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
WIFI: Wednesday Is French and Italian. ;)
Thanks again,GT! WIFI, that could be a new trend!;)
Nice pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I once analyzed all of the available tools for SAKs and decided that a Fieldmaster would be the optimal model for me. Strangely, I STILL haven't obtained one, probably because I have a Huntsman which differs only i having a corkscrew instead of a backside Philips. :rolleyes:
Mine will tighten and loosen Phillips screws, while yours opens the door to both a good time and fixing "knotty" situations! :cool:

Great triple threat for you today GT, covering slicing, whittling, and fine tasks (with a wonderful 85 thrown in for good measure!) :)

Last edited:
Gonna go Stag today.

qUaiGPv.jpg
Mark, your Barlow has wondrous red-orange tint to the stag! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

A little Thursday bling, gonna go with a 1st gen Frank Buster stockman in MOP and Solingen stainless today.

BskH9Pz.jpg

Your Buster bling sings, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Stag today:
FIkEb7s.jpg
Vince, you don't mess around when someone says, "Stag? Make mine a double!" :cool::thumbsup::cool:

... I'm going on a bicycle tour next week and this will serve me well during my trip.

yRRaUdy.jpg
Congrats on the new Vic! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Have a safe and enjoyable bike trip. :)

Astounding photo, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm so glad you managed to get a couple of the Waynorth lambsfoots!

Day five of a week of redbone. 1970 Case Barlow and a Case toothpick.

Classic patterns, Dean! All the red and green has me thinking Christmas! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Have been exclusively carrying these two!
View attachment 1151961
I can see where that pair can make you blind to other knives, Taylor, but be careful with carrying only those - you're wearing the color off them! :eek::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I meant to ask you Tom. Did you retire and mount your lucky knives after the Blues won The Cup?
Lol. They are reverently sitting on my desk. They performed their function, and broke the curse. I like them all too much to retire them permanently. But they do deserve a special place, maybe I should keep them in their own box :)
:D:D:thumbsup:

Stainless for today’s hike.
NjfL7Y8.jpg
Handsome knife, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Sweet ebony/ivory pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup: What model is that single-blade Buck??

5K Qs 5K Qs
Aw c'mon GT, the Remington jumbo trapper is 4-7/16th closed with blades twice as wide as a Case large trapper. Surely it must be worth 1.25 trappers by itself!;):D How about a compromise, I had 1.5 trappers?:p
You talked me into it, David! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I'll bet you're quite a negotiator/horse trader. :p

Was carrying my Old Taylor Eye Witness this morning while working outside .

Then the U.S.Mail came and brought this .

Now , I think I will retire the Old Guy .
Harry
Congrats on the brand new lambsfoot, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I'm gonna miss seeing your TEW at work.

Thank you! I put it on with my KME system. I'm still a novice at it.
Thanks for the info about your system. :):thumbsup::cool:

That 'nut is a beauty, GT.
- Stuart
Thanks, Stuart; I'm a big fan of Case chestnut jigged bone. :)

Thanks again,GT! WIFI, that could be a new trend!;)

Mine will tighten and loosen Phillips screws, while yours opens the door to both a good time and fixing "knotty" situations! :cool:

Great triple threat for you today GT, covering slicing, whittling, and fine tasks (with a wonderful 85 thrown in for good measure!) :)
Today I'll go with two different pre WWII KKs. One an Imperial/Hammer Brand "Kamp King" from 1936-37 with the old NYKCo tang stamp and an EC Simmons "Keen Kutter" Barlow. :)
Thanks for the kind words, JJ. :) That's a venerable, vibrant pair for you! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I've never seen a candy-striped Kamp King before; that's cool!

My Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider medium stockman:
stagmed.pile.closed.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is a 2017 Guardians horn lambsfoot (thanks, Jack):
jan18.gl.mark.open.bht.jpg

- GT

I didn't know RR made this one, it's not a Camillus #72, but it could possibly tide me over till I can get one.

I've had it a few years now and have to say its a good little whittler. Split backspring, great snap, around 3-1/2" with stag handles that I dyed. Not sure of the model number and I haven't seen another in stag listed for sale anywhere since I found this one.

Back