1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    The Barlow is a 1970; and you are correct, the redbone is stupendous on those. I think that kind of redbone went back to the Case XX USA and Case XX periods and maybe earlier?

We have lot of parks in our county. This one is one of the oldest and with all the rain we have had lately the flora has exploded. Poison Ivy in particular has exploded in this park; it's hard to find a place where there isn't any! :eek:

Thank you for your comments, Gary. The Mini Muskrat pattern has been around for a long time; probably as long as the Muskrat. Like Case's Muskrat and Tiny Muskrat, the Mini Muskrat has no pattern number. The Mini Muskrat is the same size and design as Case's 6318 medium stockman (there most popular model). The Mini is very pocketable and much thinner than the stockman.

Prime Peanut, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary. I am always stunned by how good looking your Stag RR stockman is.

Prester John likes this.
  2. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Day six of a week of redbone is a Case Peanut.

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, jwb01, Dschal and 31 others like this.
  3. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Back to a Case Medium Stockman today. Glad I have several, got no idea where the other of this vintage is (it's got to be around here somewhere!) OH
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, jwb01, Dschal and 32 others like this.
  4. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    1B1A6801-85D7-4280-908A-922C41DEAEF4.jpeg F2F28D27-EC97-4C84-9DEF-11927A1B42EF.jpeg

This amazing creation by Charlie Campagna deserves to be paired with a great cigar like the Fuente Opus X. Two classics from Masters of their respective realms.

@NewBlades16 , yes Andrew, I lit this one up today. You are correct, I like the Anejo better. And they are a bit cheaper aren’t they? Your Lambsfoot should be arriving tomorrow, and I believe you will love it. They are nearly perfect!

peanutsxx, Jack Black, jwb01 and 35 others like this.
  5. ktataragasi

ktataragasi

May 26, 2019
    I love seeing people put their knives to work. Great job!

Laurelbb likes this.
  6. Laurelbb

Laurelbb Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    carrying my new Jeffrey Mitchell spear point. I like it! and, btw, those new CCampagna SFO Lambsfoot's look really nice! congrats to those of you who scored one.
    Mitchell2.JPG

Jack Black, jwb01, Dschal and 32 others like this.
  7. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you sir.

Very nice knife with beautiful scales.

cigarrodog and JaxBaron like this.
  8. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Had this in my pocket since receiving it yesterday and went out to check on our roses after the rain .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The bushes have not gained much foliage yet but the blooms have been pretty good so far
    [​IMG]
    Then the U.S. Mail came with a Flea Bay acquisition of an old SEO&S that someone really OVERCLEANED. ( Squire Elijah Oates & Son )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It turned out to be a Smaller Than Normal sized one
    [​IMG]
    It is even smaller than a TC 14 Barlow
    [​IMG]
    It does have Integral Bolsters
    [​IMG]
    The Snaps at 1/2 ,, Open ,, & Close are very good

Harry

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    Ramrodmb, jwb01, Dschal and 38 others like this.
  9. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    image.jpg

jwb01, Dschal, Laurelbb and 25 others like this.
  10. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    For Saturday, a couple of favourites:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ramrodmb, jwb01, Dschal and 23 others like this.
  11. JOELSM

JOELSM

Aug 30, 2007
    Had this one with me again.

[​IMG]

Ramrodmb, jwb01, Dschal and 20 others like this.
  12. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thanks Gary, it was the first I had seen like it, too! Very nice choice of your Lambsfoot with a medium Stockman; you can tackle quite a few cutting tasks with those two!;)

@Fodderwing Thanks Dwight! Awesome shot of your Lambsfoot!!!

My duo today are from the "Catt" family. I'm always amazed at the skill it took to put together such a handy knife as the Whitt-L-Craft! :)[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  13. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    It's just too hot and damp for carbon. I rubbed some rust off of Stubby the lambsfoot and wiped down my waverave #78 before it followed Stubby's lead, and put them both away for now. The little Opinel is mercifully light in the pocket.
    [​IMG]

14. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

JJ Cahill, jwb01, Dschal and 24 others like this.
  15. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    Mitch, sorry I missed your querry at first. It's 6 1/4" overall, 2 1/2" blade, 1/8" thick 440c stabilized maple burl sanded to 3000 grit and rubbed with Johnson's paste wax. I tried to cut the scales from the block with my coping saw but that stabilizing made it so hard I had to use a hack saw! You can contact me at [email protected] if you have more questions.

16. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
  17. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Harry that SEO&S is a nice addition and very interesting being so small. Makes a great big bro little bro too! Love the integral bolsters. Always enjoy viewing your roses.

Have a great weekend folks. IMG_3607.jpeg

18. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Today’s pair is a couple of re-works. C9498741-81C9-4180-8917-96A9C20B2FC6.jpeg Hope y’all have a sharp ‘n snappy Saturday!
    Special recognition and “thanks for showing” to all of you and your new Guardians and Waynorth Lambsfoots!

Nice fistful of working knives, David. Is the electrician current Case production?
    Haven’t seen one in rough black before.
    I bought a Klein just like that dirt cheap on the auction site, except not mint looking like yours. Mine had been mercilessly tortured and abused by a gorilla with a bench grinder, which made it a candidate for my own mods. I wanted one to reshape into a sheepsfoot, but would never hack up one in such good condition as yours.
    Cheers!

19. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ramrodmb, JJ Cahill, jwb01 and 15 others like this.
  20. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Camco Barlow and a Stallion today

[​IMG]