What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Oh ya... That is amazing.
I've always felt that was a perfect representation of a Boys Knife.
It's exactly what I would have bought as a young lad looking for a good knife.

Thanks!! I felt the same way when I saw it and put it in my pocket almost as soon as I got it. The following year I found out GEC only made 7 in this configuration which is a shame imo. They should have made a bunch of these. A glow in the dark boys knife just sounds right.

QtAEYfV.jpg

I'd say there's a good chance these would be made but there are already the #48s out there in Northwoods Hawthorne or Scagel Fruitport trims.

I know I'm in the vast vast minority here, but I don't care for the northwoods Hawthorne grind. The semi-saberish look just doesn't appeal to me. The scagel though, if one turned up at a decent price in the right slabs, I could see owning that. Thanks!

That smooth antique bone looks VERY good!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Uniform color on both sides of your Barlow?
- GT

Thank you, sir. It is indeed uniform on both sides and the F&F as a whole is excellent. When Case are on their game they can make a knife as good as anyone, IMO.

Yes, it did, JJ. One of the more recent, black handled ones.
That certainly turned into an excellent EO Jack, great job Jeff! A wonderful pair of Cases for you today;)
Really beautiful old knives in great condition, JJ. Thanks for sharing them.
Thank you very much Stuart!:thumbsup:
I am totin' and postin' this one in solidarity with the Cases and, particularly, Case stockman knives posted recently: a Case 64047P, 1940-1964. Git along little doggies!
With a Case like that you only need one, fantastic!:)
Nice Robeson’s!
Thanks a bunch Nick!
Inspired by JJ Cahill JJ Cahill and @Fodderwing, I’m toting a Robeson too.
I'm glad I was half of your inspiration as that Robeson is mighty fine!:D
Thanks GT. My choice too! :D
Hard to beat a lovely old Robeson Barlow!:rolleyes:
Found my lost one, bottom of my shaving kit - wonder how that happened?? Carrying it today in celebration. OH
What an outstanding find! So many great Case knives today helps solidify their amazing reputation!:thumbsup:
I HAD to make up a schedule because randomly choosing knives for the week was taking way too much time! :eek::(:rolleyes:
I'm starting to feel you pain! I'd better get more organizedo_O
This knife arrived this week, and I've been carrying, but not using, it:
Your new Hartshead Barlow is quite a nice addition!!!:)

Back