What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Alox of the Week is a Cadet II (thanks, Ken):
cKDPPfr.jpg

Non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Explorer:
DWamXQf.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Marbles Workman camp knife; doesn't actually have a bail, but it OUGHT to (thanks, Mike):
nWLnTF1.jpg

Stockman of the Week is a Case 6347:
gOpZLB6.jpg

- GT

Not sure if I've ever seen an aloe vera as big as that. Or that's a tiny little knife.
No, it's a full sized Hartshead Barlow. ;) :thumbsup: That's an Agave americana, also known as a century plant. There are many in the neighborhood, but that one is an especially impressive specimen. When folks around here plant agave or sago palms, it's hard to visualize just how big they can get. You don't want to plant something three feet away from your house or walkway, when it can grow to over ten feet wide! :eek:

Fantastic photos, Matt and FBC! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks, GT
A akaMatt You are a brave man! :eek::D

Thanks! I searched but could not find one with a punch? Now I know why.
I wish they made them with a punch.
I wish they did too, thankfully the punch mod' is fairly easy to do. You could even do it with a good hand file if you wanted to.

Luckily, I had a knife in my pocket so I could open the package with that Waynorth in it! :D
It's a good year for the Lambsfoot!
48193571007_d0267a7398_h.jpg

Last edited:
A akaMatt You are a brave man! :eek::D
Luckily, I had a knife in my pocket so I could open the package with that Waynorth in it! :D
"brave" is not one of the words I had for myself right after I took that pic! :D

Couple of great looking knives you have there, cool pic!

But I'm also going to tote this beauty, from the Olde Country:
e9jhiBk.jpg

Sambar stag Hartshead Barlow, from A. Wright & Son, Sheffield, England.

I'm glad it made it Vince :thumbsup:

With that pair of Barlows, Jack, you don't need a compass to know that you're headed the right direction! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

:cool: :thumbsup:

No, it's a full sized Hartshead Barlow. ;) :thumbsup: That's an Agave americana, also known as a century plant. There are many in the neighborhood, but that one is an especially impressive specimen. When folks around here plant agave or sago palms, it's hard to visualize just how big they can get. You don't want to plant something three feet away from your house or walkway, when it can grow to over ten feet wide! :eek:
It's being an agave explains why your yucca is so much bigger than mine.

Back