What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, Falling_rain, HST and 33 others like this.
  2. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    2CAC7194-76EA-4952-B105-D726A678C4DD.jpeg

HST, .577NE, Will Power and 29 others like this.
  3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning and Happy Fourth of July.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    Falling_rain, HST, .577NE and 28 others like this.
  4. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    We drive in from Loomis, a small town outside of Sacramento.
    I just dislike the big cities in general; Too many people, tall buildings and traffic.

Those handles are amazing! :cool: :thumbsup:

5. ISKRA

ISKRA

Sep 19, 2016
    Have a good holiday, our Murican members! I wish the rest of us a nice day as well. ;)

Pulling out a bigger gun for work today. So far I had no need to use it though. :rolleyes::D I've only ever seen one other 73 like this, not counting the prototype. I wonder where the rest of them are?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    TFBraden, HST, .577NE and 23 others like this.
  6. FSU1992

FSU1992

Feb 23, 2014
    Happy Independence Day! I hope everyone gets out and enjoys the day.
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, HST, DelOro and 26 others like this.
  7. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Have a great Independence Day everyone. The 4th of July - 1.jpg

HST, .577NE, Will Power and 29 others like this.
  8. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Not much freedom stuck at work with apostle P today.
    9F33F245-FCB3-40C5-8C02-0DFA697EA1B3.jpeg

TFBraden, HST, DelOro and 27 others like this.
  9. kenspen

kenspen

Mar 25, 2010
    Wishing everyone a happy and safe 4th!

[​IMG]

HST, Fire Beard, Will Power and 30 others like this.
  10. Jak3

Jak3

Sep 6, 2016
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, HST, .577NE and 24 others like this.
  11. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you, Gary!

Love your Case stockman, Gary. The Bone and the shield give it a rugged look. :thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  12. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    It's Independence Day here in the U.S.A. Part of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness is …..Knives!

[​IMG]

13. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Fantastic fireworks!

For the 4th:
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, HST, .577NE and 25 others like this.
  14. Markeologist

Markeologist Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 21, 2018
    I know that part of Placer County pretty well, Loomis, Rocklin, Newcastle, Lincoln....done lots of work out there. Some pretty country.

Prester John and JohnDF like this.
  15. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    We love our little town of Loomis.
    I don't think I'll ever convince my wife to move out of this town. :D

Prester John likes this.
  16. Bloefield

Bloefield

Aug 2, 2013
    Schrade H-15 and Schrade Mighty-Mite outside today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ISKRA, TFBraden, HST and 23 others like this.
  17. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    2 Lambfoot today . Jigged Bone and Ramshorn
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

ISKRA, TFBraden, HST and 31 others like this.
  18. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Forgive my shameless plagiarism of a document relevant to this day in US history. :rolleyes:
    Your black Farmer is very cool! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    "When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve" clamshell packaging, or zip ties, or tape, that pair of knives looks more than capable.

Sensational photo, Harvey! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Someday I'd like to try a lambsfoot knife with two blades that I could promote to "the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them".

Gev, "a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare" that when you carry that knife, you've got sunshine on a cloudy day! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident", that those knives are a dramatic, yet dignified, dark duo, Dylan! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Ron, while we maintain "that all men are created equal", the same is not true for knives, as evidenced by that wood pair which, while equal to each other, are superior to so many knives! :cool::cool:;)

FBC, that model in its original form is what inspired my love affair with the sowbelly stockman pattern, and I'd NEVER modify the spey into a punch. But it's YOUR knife, and "it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it"! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good pop culture connection, Jeff! :p:D The question is, are alien Body Snatchers "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights" and "that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of" sleeping humans? :rolleyes::confused:

Congrats on that classic Case, John; it "seem(s) most likely to effect (your) Safety and Happiness." What model and age is it, do you know?

Same to you, Del! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Everything in your photo seems "most wholesome and necessary for the public good", and that knife is an amazing pocket fireworks display! ;):thumbsup:

Congrats on the trio of pleasing new acquisitions, @Leslie Tomville! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I trust that, as with all of your knives, you will be able "to provide new Guards for their future security."

You still have the touch for your thematic pics, Ken! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I just hope you're not imposing the Yellow Rose of "Taxes on us without our Consent"! :rolleyes::D

Hey, that blade etch is making me think my eyes are improving, Vince! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: That's a fine British knife, but I hope all the US Guardians of the Lambsfoot who carry them realize "that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown"! :eek:

That Opinel is really all the knife you ever need! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
    Good point about identifying knives that are posted here :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:; I've been around The Porch for several years, but there are always knives I don't recognize and would like to know more about. But don't be afraid to request more info from posters. Often, I "have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity" in requesting knife IDs, and most are more than willing to help. It's almost like Porch denizens "mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor." :cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on that bonny bone Waynorth lambsfoot, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Seeing you with that pair has me singing this classic:

Colorful covers, indeed, JJ! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I especially like that Imperial toothpick. One of my favorite knives is similar, but with clip/pen blades and plain yellow "skin".

Thanks, and same to you! :)

Thanks, José, I'm very fortunate to have it; I looked for one for a long time. :) I certainly prefer the pen blade on the Cadet II to the nail file on current Cadets.

Laurel and Will, each of you has a knife with glorious grain! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Excellent pair of UK/USA knives, Jack, and thanks for the holiday well-wishes! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm so glad that Americans no longer accuse Brits of being "deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity." ;):cool::thumbsup:

- GT

19. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Happy 4th !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TFBraden, RDaneel, HST and 28 others like this.
  20. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Figured you'd notice, Gary. It's a replacement knife. The OCD in me wants a legible etch!