1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    LOVE the Coffee Mug:p great knife as well:thumbsup:

For me on a drizzly day after the 4th:)
    [​IMG]

ISKRA, Pàdruig, TFBraden and 31 others like this.
  2. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you r8shell. :)

:D

What a wonderful old Oates! That bolster is divine. Scratted/Checked scales! Full blade! :eek:

Terrific image.

Beautiful. :cool:

Prester John and Ripcord 82 like this.
  3. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Couple of nice "service knives" for the 4th, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Same to you, Ken! :) Thanks for the festive fireworks foto for the Fourth! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Dean. :) Your comment reminds me that my face has features that I choose to claim give me a ruggedly handsome look. :p

Perfect patriotic picks for the 4th, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Great little linerlock! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on the regal replacement, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

"Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl, but she doesn't have a lot to say." ;):thumbsup:

Thanks, and belated same to you, Vince. :) I hadn't read the Declaration of Independence in quite a while, and I learned a lot reading through it repeatedly looking for phrases to use in my knife comments. I'd encourage everyone to read it; I was amazed that issues addressed in the Declaration almost 250 years ago are very similar to ones we struggle with today!

Dwight, that flag bolster stamp makes your Case Barlow such an appropriate pick for Independence Day! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the kind offer, Harvey, but I'll be perfectly happy with a "user's review" if you're willing to post one for the rest of us! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the ID, John. :) So that's basically your favorite mini trapper frame with a different blade combo (clip/pen instead of clip/spey)?

Even I see what you did there with your color choices, Dylan; appropriately festive and thematic! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, and same to you, Ron! :)

I admire the patriotic Tribal Lock, Paul, and it sounds like you had a great holiday! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: That bottle opener on your deck looks handy ;):thumbsup:, but I hate for you to lose opportunities to use various cap lifters on your knives! :rolleyes:

Thanks for that tribute, José! :)

Great knife and story, and congrats on discovering your grandfather's Old Timer muskrat! :):thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Pàdruig, TFBraden, Pt-Luso and 8 others like this.
  4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I reread it now and then. Marvelous document. You should look up the Texas Declaration of Independence too. Are we the only state with a declaration of independence?

cigarrodog likes this.
  5. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you my friend, and may I say how wonderful your dog paw image is arranged. Such a cool knife.

TFBraden, Fodderwing and dc50 like this.
  6. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    You forgot to mention the screwdriver ability. That particular one can also work on Phillips heads too.

Frailer likes this.
  7. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    [​IMG]

chuck4570, Laurelbb, HST and 24 others like this.
  8. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ISKRA, Pàdruig, TFBraden and 32 others like this.
  9. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thanks, Gary. Your Declaration of Independence knife quotes have been inspiring! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fodderwing likes this.
  10. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Boy oh boy, that's a nice looking knife!

TFBraden, Old Hunter, dc50 and 3 others like this.
  11. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Sweeping the board with that one you lucky man :cool::D:thumbsup:

paulhilborn likes this.
  12. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    A cold one that improves as it warms on a hot day. And a knife that it’s hard to improve on!
    [​IMG]

ISKRA, TFBraden, chuck4570 and 22 others like this.
  13. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Who made that nice old TL-29, David?

14. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Pretty much my secondary daily carry now at least 5 days a week . The old girl is starting to show some wear on the bolsters and blades . Time to get the flitz out and my favorite gun oil to give her some much deserved love :)
    [​IMG]

colin.p, TFBraden, Laurelbb and 18 others like this.
  15. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Exactly. I have this one with a clip/pen, another with a clip/spey, another with a clip/wharn, and another with a single wharn. Now I'm hunting one with a single clip (that doesn't say Ford on it).

cigarrodog and Prester John like this.
  16. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's a Camillus, actually the first Camillus one I've picked up. Has a faint USMC instead of tl-29 on the cover. All steel and wood, most likely WW2 issue. No sharpening loss at all, I think its spent the last 70 odd years in some older guys tool box but used very little.

17. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    What's wrong with things with Ford wrote on it?o_O

;):p

18. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    Australia might have one of those 1 day:(:D

Fodderwing and Prester John like this.
  19. cortopar

cortopar Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Todd Davison equal-end jack today. My most-used knife the last few years.

1939BFF9-35B8-4BA5-A6E1-4B6BCF900A4D.jpeg

20. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Nothing wrong with it, I just don't own a Ford. Now if it said Jeep on it...