What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Âchillepattada Âchillepattada Substantial amount of patina coming along there :cool: Very satisfying:thumbsup:

Regards, Will

Hello Will, I consider to eat with Charlie's tools as a duty
mouarf.jpg

All the best .
Â

No Jack, wait...:D

Of course the Jack Black Barlows are sublime, but I really like that Boker Fixie.:thumbsup:

LOL! :D Thanks buddy, I wanted something to celebrate 150 years of Boker, and that knife was it :) I'd love to see ram's horn on a Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

Glad I could stimulate your gray cells, Jack! :thumbsup:;):cool: My high school Latin classes (and the context) helped me correctly guess the meaning of that word.

Like you I love language my friend, and it's great to learn new words :) I just wish I could remember them! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks, GT! instead of the usual 6 to 9 weeks delivery time, it only took 3 weeks :thumbsup::D As far as announcing there arrival I chose this time to casually post photos rather than a post with a big bang :)

Is that all it was Dave, it certainly SEEMED longer! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

Excellent pic :) :thumbsup:

I’m up and wide awake with excitement and anticipation for the women’s World Cup final this morning! Go Team USA!!! :thumbsup::D:thumbsup::D:thumbsup::D

I’ll have these two close by today! :thumbsup::D

48220200562_a1967abcf7_b_d.jpg

Hope you enjoy the game Ron, that's a great pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

You too Dwight, fine pic of a fine knife :) :thumbsup:

Just the one today :) Hope everyone is having a fab Sunday :thumbsup:

QU65wKO.jpg

Great photo of your 15 Dave! We get those Canadian tomatoes here in Tennessee sometime. They’re okay but I’ll take a good ole locally grown mater any day! :thumbsup::)

Have a great Sunday all
img_0855-jpeg.1157192
A classic Dwight! :thumbsup: Great photo! :)

Alan, that’s a beautiful Lloyd! :thumbsup: :)

That’s a great photo and a beautiful AC there my friend! :thumbsup::)

Hope you enjoy the game Ron, that's a great pic my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! :)

Just the one today :) Hope everyone is having a fab Sunday :thumbsup:

QU65wKO.jpg
That’s a great one to carry Jack! :thumbsup: Alone or with company the Hartshead Barlow’s are very special knives! :D

Elegant indeed! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: But only a Texan would consider 4 1/8" trapper a "little" pocket knife! :p
But it's the perfect size! I notice that the younger generation generally carry their smartphones in their pockets (I use a belt holster), and a trapper is much smaller than a smartphone. My trapper weighs only 3.8 oz, two ounces less than my iPhone 7. It's more noticeable in the pocket than a Vic Classic, but when I carry a Vic nowadays I carry a Tinker or a Spartan, which are comparable to the trapper in size and weight, I think. At least to me any differences are negligible. But I'm from Texas! :)
I found a Wikipedia page about declarations of independence, and it looks like Texas has TWO of them, one directed at Mexico and one directed at USA. A few other former Confederate states apparently have declarations of independence for their secession from the Union.
I was only referring to the first one in 1836, when Texas became an independent republic.
Terrific trio, Vince! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I went with cargo shorts today to make some extra room. ;)
Thanks, Gary!

Congratulations Dave! :thumbsup: It’s a beautiful knife! :)
Thank you, Ron! :thumbsup::)
Is that all it was Dave, it certainly SEEMED longer! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:
That's all it was Jack,I can't believe it either.;)
Excellent pic :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, my friend. :thumbsup::)
Great photo of your 15 Dave! We get those Canadian tomatoes here in Tennessee sometime. They’re okay but I’ll take a good ole locally grown mater any day! :thumbsup::)
Funny thing Ron I didn't realize they were Canadian grown until I looked at the photo.:D:rolleyes:
Beautiful in it's simplicity. :cool: :thumbsup:
As is your Red Scout John.:thumbsup::)

But it's the perfect size! I notice that the younger generation generally carry their smartphones in their pockets (I use a belt holster), and a trapper is much smaller than a smartphone. My trapper weighs only 3.8 oz, two ounces less than my iPhone 7. It's more noticeable in the pocket than a Vic Classic, but when I carry a Vic nowadays I carry a Tinker or a Spartan, which are comparable to the trapper in size and weight, I think. At least to me any differences are negligible. But I'm from Texas! :)

I was only referring to the first one in 1836, when Texas became an independent republic.

Thanks, Gary!

I just assumed it was because @5K Qs hasn't seen the Moore Maker Jumbo Trapper! That thing is a beast, but the one I saw wasn't as well made as my 4 1/8". Other than secession from the Union, I believe Texas is the only state with a declaration of independence. Because TX is of course the only state that was a country when we entered the Union.

Not about me today. Texas Gulf Coast weather + hours on the mower means Ti and CF with a pocket clip. But, Kim is working with a couple of nice traditionals today. Spinning some yarn this morning with the MOP Case Mini Trapper I got her for Christmas.

20190707_101422.jpg

20190707_101654.jpg

Kim needed new pruning tools. This showed up in the mail Friday :). Case Hawkbill in amber jigged bone.

20190707_102906.jpg

Back