1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    It's not big at all, just over 4 inches, similar to a Case trapper, but half the weight (1.9 oz). Very lightweight. It came with a little drawstring bag, but I carry it in an A. G. Russell leather pouch in my left front pocket. Any pocket slip or pouch that would accommodate a trapper would work.

cigarrodog likes this.
  2. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Today's arrival:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

3. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thanks Gev! The knife is from the Camargue region of the south of France, handmade in the small village of Bezouce. The stamp on the bolster is known as the Camargue Cross with three elements, the cross, the anchor. and the heart which represent faith, hope and charity. I find these French regional artisans are quite interesting as they all forge a bit of their provincial history into their cutlery.:)

4. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Thanks !
    Maybe it's from root of the the branches .

5. Marlingspike12

Marlingspike12

May 28, 2019
    @5K Qs I usually carry a Pioneer. I bought the walnut Spartan just to try one with wooden handles but now I tend to carry it more than the Pioneer. I like it because its so light I barely notice I have a knife in my pocket.

dc50 likes this.
  6. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @5K Qs Thank you GT for the nice words, and thank you for the Stockman. On my future list, after listening to you, is acquiring a Sowbelly. Your current carry knives, as always, are a joy to look at.

dc50 likes this.
  7. JJ Cahill

Jun 10, 2018
    Thanks Dwight! Your Hartshead looks great with the stag covers! Is that a recent production knife from Sheffield?
    I agree, a cover material that has a dual sense appeal!:thumbsup:;)
    The curve of the handle keeps your hand forces in a forward direction, away from deploying the lock mechanism. It's a lighter use knife than a Buck 110, however.:eek:
    I recently acquired my first sowbelly and immediately felt how ergonomic it feels in hand, with any of the blades open; great pattern!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    That's quite a foursome you have today! I don't recall seeing a melon tester quite like yours, very cool!:thumbsup::cool:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    dc50, cigarrodog, TFBraden and 2 others like this.
  8. JJ Cahill

Jun 10, 2018
    Today's tote will be a trusty old PAL scout with a super slice'n Case Barlow.:) [​IMG]

9. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much Gary...:):thumbsup:

10. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Good morning everyone, today with my A. Wright Lambsfoot stag Père David white and polished!;):thumbsup:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    There are a few kilt forums out there.
    [​IMG]

12. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    [​IMG]

Coffee brewing also wakes me up! :p
    Peaceful Thursday to everyone. :D

[​IMG]

13. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

14. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    IMG_1174.JPG

15. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Ready for some adventure...
    [​IMG]

16. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    9EB37A6D-3A41-4A6E-A591-BC7CDF101DD8.jpeg As punishment for my woodlesswednesday, I shall be forced to carry these old things today.
    Taylor’s Eye Witness Lambfoot in walnut, and Schrade Walden TL-29 in cocobolo.

I took this pic two hours ago in between a light shower right at dawn, and a much longer and heavier one just a few minutes later.
    So glad for the rain!

17. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Trapper and a Whittler today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    [​IMG]

19. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    GEC #15 Huckleberry Boys Knife
    [​IMG]
    Thanks, Randy.

20. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Jer I was inspired by your fine hat to post mine with today's carry. :D IMG_4142.jpeg

It is GT. Like unto the proverbial "glove". :cool:

@afishhunter - Very cool indeed! I hear bagpipes... :cool:

Thanks JJ. It is part of a recent Jack Black SFO.