What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

GEC #15 Huckleberry Boys Knife
SAC5O1n.jpg

Thanks, Randy.
Suitable for framing, John.

@Foddering Something completely different and very nice, Dwight.

Rainy Days
07AD24BF-2EB8-45AA-A6FE-D51C08BD702B_zps4am35mhy.jpeg

Hey, is that a rosewood lambsfoot, Tom??? :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
- GT

Yes it is GT, a very generous gift from Jack Black Jack Black . I have to admit I have been slow to warm up to this pattern. I have had it for a while and not really used it. However, Jeff @black mamba advised me to "just use it, you'll get it". Having finally given it a fair shake I am beginning to see the light, it just plain works and works well.

Tom, I will forever see your two knife photos and picture the Stanley Cup.

Thanks Alan! I had great fun sharing the experience with this forum. This is the first time I viewed the Cup in person, ever. Being paraded down Market street by the team captain for the first time in team history:

6NmKsM3.jpg

Carrying these two today, my “Friday” for this week :).

M5ggtzx.jpg

This coastal forestry work has my carbon blades rusting red like ginger stepchild.
Rain, high humidity and sweat running saw kicked my muskrat and replaced with this Case Trapper in Trusharp. I wasnt much of a trapper fan until I modified this one. I pulled the spey and one liner. Makes for a great working blade. Doesn't snag on brush but heavy duty enough for whatever I may encounter
zCQzXsd.jpg

Thanks Gev! The knife is from the Camargue region of the south of France, handmade in the small village of Bezouce. The stamp on the bolster is known as the Camargue Cross with three elements, the cross, the anchor. and the heart which represent faith, hope and charity. I find these French regional artisans are quite interesting as they all forge a bit of their provincial history into their cutlery.:)
Very interesting indeed !! I appreciated your time and thank you for the information :):thumbsup::thumbsup: Hope to see it often

Yes it is GT, a very generous gift from Jack Black Jack Black . I have to admit I have been slow to warm up to this pattern. I have had it for a while and not really used it. However, Jeff @black mamba advised me to "just use it, you'll get it". Having finally given it a fair shake I am beginning to see the light, it just plain works and works well.

Thanks Alan! I had great fun sharing the experience with this forum. This is the first time I viewed the Cup in person, ever. Being paraded down Market street by the team captain for the first time in team history:

6NmKsM3.jpg

Carrying these two today, my “Friday” for this week :).

M5ggtzx.jpg
As a Caps fan, got to enjoy a similar scene last year. Congrats on a great season and enjoy the celebration, the Cup, and the knives!

Great choice, Dean!

- GT

Thank you, Gary!

More of my carries for this week follow.
International Knife is an Otter Workman:
View attachment 1163375

Watchpocket Knife this week is an Imperial Diamond Edge (thanks, Mark):
View attachment 1163376

Big Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider melon tester (it ain't so big, it's just tall, that's just about all :p):
View attachment 1163377

Miscellaneous Knife this week is a Colt Buckshot Bone Teardrop Jack:
View attachment 1163378

- GT

Gary, you Colt Teardrop looks like a sturdy companion. :thumbsup:

As a Caps fan, got to enjoy a similar scene last year. Congrats on a great season and enjoy the celebration, the Cup, and the knives!

Thanks DC, much appreciated! When I carry one my Blues cup run knives I can’t help but think of the experience and smile.

Back