1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Since it’s arrival
    [​IMG]

2. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thanks Jack!!! You also have a fine pair; the Case peanut image reminds me of my youth as a scout!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
    Sweet pair of slicers you're toting today Jeff; the "short-line" Camillus really takes the cake!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Hard to beat an old Remington as a slicer; especially a beauty like yours Steve!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
    That's still quite a cool knife Stuart; Camillus did first rate work on your Remington brand knife!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Outstanding shot of your stag A. Wright, Harvey; the bark background really gives it a cool 3D effect!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    Wow, I've never seen a Moore Maker/S&M that looks that wonderful, what a unique gem!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
    I'm certain those two beauties could fill volumes with their tales Gev; an astonishingly handsome couple!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:
    Your pair are both covered with some of the finest Ironwood I have ever seen Dylan; marvelous!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Duckdog, SteveC, Jack Black and 3 others like this.
  3. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Today's totes will each carry the brand of a great old firearms manufacturer; an early '30s Remington jack and an '87 "black box" Winchester toothpick. :D
    [​IMG]

4. SnailOffTheTrail

SnailOffTheTrail

Aug 25, 2018
    "Honto ni Hattori Hanzo katana na datta!"
    O-Ren Ishii

[​IMG]
    Not seeing those too often.

5. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    Now that is a good one for food prep by the campfire.

6. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    My small collection is getting harder and harder to pick from but today,I think I will be have these two favorites along for the ride. A beautiful Case Barlow and my most recent GEC Dixie Stockman.
    [​IMG]

7. SnailOffTheTrail

SnailOffTheTrail

Aug 25, 2018
    Not really. Nothing (that I know of) beats Opinel in that regard. Higonokami's 3 mm (1/8" in gibberish :p) thick and scandi ground blade is too wedgy for veggie. Yet the folded metal handle doesn't allow for hard use as the blade and steel suggests. This design doesn't make much sense :poop: Still a looker imho.

8. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    You are an honest man.

9. SnailOffTheTrail

SnailOffTheTrail

Aug 25, 2018
    Thank you! There's no knowledge to be shared here unless we are being honest about our knives.

Oh, I just answered my own question, I guess. :rolleyes:

10. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    GEC Special Assembly #14[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    The Ram and the Lamb....... :D

[​IMG]

12. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Case Medium Stockman for work today...
    [​IMG]

13. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Looks like a good choice, think I’ll do the same...:D

[​IMG]

14. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    It really is a great choice. :cool::thumbsup:

Prester John likes this.
  15. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Building holsters for stock for a show:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Thank you, sir. Only one I’ve ever seen. Did a double take when I first saw it. And the only 6206 single blade I’ve ever seen.

JJ Cahill likes this.
  17. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
  18. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    :cool::thumbsup:
    You never quit with the museum pieces!
    I really hope you also have a user on you for the dirty work.
    Those are wonderful.

And I appreciate your kind comments!

136AB303-78A5-427B-B224-720764F09D03.jpeg Boker 9229 electrician and Craftsman hunter in...
    Delrin!:D A6156091-A110-40D7-BD95-9AC88DD25D9B.jpeg and Manny says I should have one hand free to rub him under the collar. 3198D054-46EE-48FD-99B0-A2BEA3C084F5.jpeg

19. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Case Tribal Lock riding with the SAK Compact today.

[​IMG]

20. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Jeff, that dog is . . . :cool: