1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    One of the most traditional of any/all traditional pocket knives -- Very Nice! :cool:

[​IMG]

2. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    LOL ! Thank you my friend :)
    I’m actually having my victory drink / Night cap as we speak out of a green mug I keep in the freezer :D[​IMG]

3. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Nice shot and beautiful knife !

4. BigKurtHaze

BigKurtHaze

Aug 2, 2015
    Thank you, sir. Very pleased with the covers on this one.

5. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thanks Jeff!!!
    I do have several "harder use" knives that are also near and dear, as they are older US made knives that I collect at very reasonable prices. They were the old "cheap" knives of the past, but still hold an amazing edge; here are a couple examples:[​IMG]

Today you certainly have some tough hombres; the TL-29 goes without saying and your Craftsman hunter has excellent full blades to tackle almost any cutting task! Btw, that's a great shot of your buddy; quite an alert companion! I also really like the Strat, Tele, and Gibson? next to you Fender tube amp in the background; my first amp at age 11 was a Vibrolux which I wish I still had!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Great looking pair, Rachel!!! I can almost feel the edge on your Boker; very sharp!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
    Thank you Gev!!!
    Another wonderful knife and image; I feel like I can reach out and touch that beauty!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:
    Thank you Harvey, the Remington was a fortunate find! You have the coolest lambsfoot pictures; what an awesome knife!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    I love the wonderful cutlery of France and yours is certainly a beauty Gary!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

6. Joe58

Joe58 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Here lately it’s been a BF forum Buck 301 knife, or a 303. Those seem to be the ones I’ve been reaching for first. Especially the 301. I like it. But I’m sure something else may catch my eye in a week or two. Hard for me to commit to just one knife for some reason. :)

431A13E7-DF95-4BEB-A689-2A53EC4993C8.jpeg

7. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Today's totes will be a US pair from just before WWII; a Kutmaster scout by Utica and a Hammer Brand toothpick by Imperial. :D
    [​IMG]

8. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Morning folks :) Carrying these two today :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thank you. Nothing cuts like a thin, flat grind.
    [​IMG]

10. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
  11. steelnut

steelnut Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    That Juniper wood is amazing Gary!:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

12. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Thanks, so much character in it, just love it
    G2

cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  13. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    CB061F3F-28B6-4752-A956-092920E4E540.jpeg

14. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    WCLF for Black Friday
    [​IMG]

15. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Nice!:thumbsup:

Ka-bar and Victor-inox sporting black delrin. 21EFE807-B112-45D4-973A-59C059CA8297.jpeg BD263D78-3611-4DF8-9DD1-BDB972B2361D.jpeg

16. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    These today

KeenKutter and a #43

[​IMG]

17. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    All dressed up in Black for Friday with two classics from Charlie! Y'all have a good day! :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

18. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
  19. solphilos

solphilos Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Carrying the Dixie stockman today; I don't tote this one much due to its size but the blade selection is just too handy to leave it at home today. IMG_20190816_090400.jpg

20. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    The Remington has a very nice Spey blade.
    It's a Spey that I actually like a lot with all that belly. :cool::thumbsup: