1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    “Do you have a pocket knife I can use to break up these roots?”
    Yes I do!
    [​IMG]

2. kai76

kai76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Picked a mess of muscadines today. With my glennbad modded 82. These need a day or two to ripen better. Picking these tells me that fall is fast approaching. Felt the need to open a bottle of apple cider from our trip to Tennessee. Stuff is good. They said I had to drink it in 3 hours after opening. Or was it 3 days? Either way, I better err on the side of waste not! Me getting fall cider drunk in August may be a good thing. I'm off to see if I have a knife to do an early Christmas giveaway this year!
    9A901852-9C16-459F-98C2-F3CCDA729407.jpeg FB3A2BD4-C31C-40B2-8E57-CA79F73CDA63.jpeg

TFBraden, Pàdruig, sunknife and 34 others like this.
  4. Falling_rain

Falling_rain

May 24, 2012
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, Pàdruig, sunknife and 27 others like this.
  5. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Wow. A couple of classy, classic Jacks, Gev and Nick:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I started typing IN! before realizing you didn't mean THAT knife.:oops:

6. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    A thinned Bull Nose today with a keen edge and nice patina:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    @[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    All weekend since I’ve really missed my Waynorth :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

8. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thank you Harvey! It was one of 2 Kutmasters up for auction and the seller mentioned that the blades were covered with "something like molasses;" I immediately thought Cosmoline and bought it. I was fortunately correct and once I carefully removed 99% of the Cosmoline it was a knife that had defied time. Quite a lucky guess! :rolleyes:
    Btw, another awesome lambfoot with an extraordinary pen, wow!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
    Thank you very much Tom!!! You always have such great scout knives paired with wonderful fixed blades, like todays US Army WWII scout and your outstanding Bark River; two of my favorites!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
    Superb Empire jack Nick!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
    I cannot blame you; definitely on the "all time" list of GEC made knives!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
    Thank you Gary, I love the "old timey" cutlery!:rolleyes:
    Thanks again Gary!!!
    Excellent choices as usual Gary; the covers on your RR look super cool!!!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I agree 100% Jeff; their fish knife is quite an amazing slicer!:thumbsup::thumbsup::eek:

TFBraden, kai76, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.
  9. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    To start this weekend I'm planning on some more "weekend whittling" with these two; the new GEC 29 wearing Orange Osage and an early 80's Shrade split-back in green bone. :D
    [​IMG]

10. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Rainy day yesterday so not much done outside - carried a very snappy Case 22087 jackknife. Going inland today to do some cleaning at the old house - will be carrying a Medium Stockman, but haven’t grabbed one yet. OH
    [​IMG]

11. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Back to the waverave via 5K Qs American jack, even though it's still summer.
    [​IMG]
    Really nice knife.

12. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Found this 68 at the Rendezvous.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. steelnut

steelnut Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Thinking about adding this to the user rotation

[​IMG]

14. Pjake

Pjake Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2011
    Nice find!! Had a #68 Pony Jack with the same covers.....oh....If I could only find another... One of really only two or three regretted sell offs. Enjoy that beauty!
    Peter

15. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    ^ nice score, Travis!

063134AD-24A2-4421-8003-669EB4632031.jpeg
    Case 2138 and ‘18 BF Buck sportin elk antler

16. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Wowza!
    You're well equipped for whittling in style.

Last month, @Jack Black sent me a box o' knives from his famous table to fettle with. I'm savoring them by pulling them out a few at a time. :) Since Saturday is Sharpening Day, I've got this pruner that needs a bit of work on the tip, and new the Maserin in olivewood. Thanks, Jack!
    [​IMG]

17. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017

Lovely Jack !

kai76 and cigarrodog like this.
  18. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Case XX in Stag

[​IMG]

19. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I've been carrying this one the last couple days.
    [​IMG]

20. Hibou Canne

Hibou Canne

Jan 7, 2016