What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

“Do you have a pocket knife I can use to break up these roots?”
Yes I do!
1zXNe3G.jpg

Picked a mess of muscadines today. With my glennbad modded 82. These need a day or two to ripen better. Picking these tells me that fall is fast approaching. Felt the need to open a bottle of apple cider from our trip to Tennessee. Stuff is good. They said I had to drink it in 3 hours after opening. Or was it 3 days? Either way, I better err on the side of waste not! Me getting fall cider drunk in August may be a good thing. I'm off to see if I have a knife to do an early Christmas giveaway this year!
9A901852-9C16-459F-98C2-F3CCDA729407.jpeg FB3A2BD4-C31C-40B2-8E57-CA79F73CDA63.jpeg

A Pal for two pals

Jeff (@black mamba ), continued prayers for your surgery today
Dwight (@Fodderwing ), is he on vacation ?

32515245317_a067f3eb5d_k.jpg

Wow. A couple of classy, classic Jacks, Gev and Nick:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Picked a mess of muscadines today. With my glennbad modded 82. These need a day or two to ripen better. Picking these tells me that fall is fast approaching. Felt the need to open a bottle of apple cider from our trip to Tennessee. Stuff is good. They said I had to drink it in 3 hours after opening. Or was it 3 days? Either way, I better err on the side of waste not! Me getting fall cider drunk in August may be a good thing. I'm off to see if I have a knife to do an early Christmas giveaway this year!
View attachment 1179918 View attachment 1179919

I started typing IN! before realizing you didn't mean THAT knife.:oops:

JJ Cahill JJ Cahill - Thank you kindly JJ. Fine image. I’m crazy about the knife on the right. May I ask for the particulars?
Thank you Harvey! It was one of 2 Kutmasters up for auction and the seller mentioned that the blades were covered with "something like molasses;" I immediately thought Cosmoline and bought it. I was fortunately correct and once I carefully removed 99% of the Cosmoline it was a knife that had defied time. Quite a lucky guess! :rolleyes:
Btw, another awesome lambfoot with an extraordinary pen, wow!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Great photo JJ, the scout is fantastic :thumbsup:
Thank you very much Tom!!! You always have such great scout knives paired with wonderful fixed blades, like todays US Army WWII scout and your outstanding Bark River; two of my favorites!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Superb Empire jack Nick!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
All weekend since I’ve really missed my Waynorth :thumbsup:
I cannot blame you; definitely on the "all time" list of GEC made knives!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
Thanks for making room for us in your time machine, JJ; two terrific timber examples! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thank you Gary, I love the "old timey" cutlery!:rolleyes:
Titillating Toothpick, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks again Gary!!!
Watch Pocket Knife of my Vacation Fortnight is a Rough Rider copper pen knife with jigged buffalo horn handles, pictured with a stone from Whitefish Point on Lake Superior:
Excellent choices as usual Gary; the covers on your RR look super cool!!!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Hammer Brand knives are great!
My HB fish knife is due for some pocket time.
I agree 100% Jeff; their fish knife is quite an amazing slicer!:thumbsup::thumbsup::eek:

Wowza!
To start this weekend I'm planning on some more "weekend whittling" with these two; the new GEC 29 wearing Orange Osage and an early 80's Shrade split-back in green bone. :D
You're well equipped for whittling in style.

Last month, @Jack Black sent me a box o' knives from his famous table to fettle with. I'm savoring them by pulling them out a few at a time. :) Since Saturday is Sharpening Day, I've got this pruner that needs a bit of work on the tip, and new the Maserin in olivewood. Thanks, Jack!
ty6pdgv.jpg

Back