1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. solphilos

solphilos Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 17, 2009
    This is my opinion of it as well. I love the Shuffler, everything about it is so well executed, and the design is highly practical.
    Still, I find myself not carrying mine because of those great features.
    The M390 steel is mostly why mine stays in the drawer. As good as it is I like knowing that if I'm out and about I can touch up my blades with whatever abrasives are around; car windows, coffee mugs or even the right rock. This isn't really a rational decision, but
    I simply prefer more traditional materials.

2. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Oh my, how could I have forgotten that stunning stockman, Gary!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you for your teardrop appreciation.:)

Finally, your Stag/Horn and Lambsfoot of the week knives are wonderful. :thumbsup:

3. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    On Sunday I like to carry an attractive knife (well, I think it is!).

[​IMG]

4. Cutfinger

Cutfinger Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Thanks @Bloefield :thumbsup:
    Much appreciated, nice to see newer and older versions of those two models.
    Mine is like the #18 top right in the upper photo, except for the thumb access relief on the scale/liner.

Michael

Attached Files:

Bloefield and JJ Cahill like this.
  5. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    I gotta come play catch up later. Kim and I went to a couple other flea markets yesterday, and now I have to move furniture! In addition, we found a few more worthwhile knives. This one in my pocket today. 1965-1969 Case 087 Stockman. In great shape, haven't done a thing to it. I think I can get some of the staining off it, we'll see.
    20190825_115153 resized.jpg

6. SnailOffTheTrail

SnailOffTheTrail

Aug 25, 2018
    I have heard complaints about these being ground too thick behibd the edge. I that something that has been fixed on later production? Looking to buy one with blue titan and natural micarta, but reports of thick gring hold me back.

SVTFreak likes this.
  7. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    The beauty is that, barring abuse or bouncing it off cement, you won't need to touch it up as often.

I have a dom, a shuffler and a warhorse. And while not super thin, they aren't too bad behind the edge. Better than many but not as thin as some. If you like them laser thin behind the edge, it may not be for you. But mine are all thin enough, profiled to 20*, that they slice through cardboard mighty easily.

8. Invoice

Invoice Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2006
    These three today.
    [​IMG]

9. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Bought this one this morning on the way to do a last minute job. Went into the pocket before I was 10 feet from the counter.

jwb01, RDaneel, Bloefield and 16 others like this.
  10. solphilos

Oct 17, 2009
    @SVTFreak Very true. With the light use my knives see this would probably be a once a month touch-up. I should probably put mine to use to get a feel for this steel.

11. solphilos

Oct 17, 2009
    As nice as the original 110 is the light one is so much more practical. I almost got the red 112, but they all had the thumbsuds and pocket clips.

Duckdog and Misplaced Hillbilly like this.
  12. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Thanks r8shell, nice combo your'e carrying yourself.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

r8shell likes this.
  13. sunknife

Nov 28, 2018
    Mighty fine looking pair there Duckdog, perfect for a Sunday.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Duckdog likes this.
  14. sunknife

Nov 28, 2018
    That knife is not only an excellent pattern but it's also flat out gorgeous Harry.:thumbsup:

Duckdog and Old Engineer like this.
  15. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks Gary.:thumbsup:

16. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    No, I don't ask, thanks Gary.;):thumbsup:

17. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Victorinox!!!;):thumbsup:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

jwb01, RDaneel, Bloefield and 14 others like this.
  18. SnailOffTheTrail

SnailOffTheTrail

Aug 25, 2018
    Poor neglected Wenger.

19. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    Lucky for me, the one I carried today was the one I needed and the spay blade on the large Case Trapper was just the ticket for the skinning job. I knew it would be though,that's why I bought it.After the farm chores were done I decided to wet a line in our pond and try a new lure out. Caught this big guy on the first cast.To bad you guys couldn't have seen the best part when my sheep walked over to see what I was doing and pushed on the stool that I was cleaning the Bass on and knocked the spay blade into my finger and taking a slice off my knuckle.
    [​IMG]

willard0341, jwb01, RDaneel and 21 others like this.
  20. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Lazy Sunday afternoon

[​IMG]