1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. kai76

kai76

Jun 5, 2009
  2. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    [​IMG]

3. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I like this knife a lot. And this beer, though I don't think I've ever bought it in cans before.
    [​IMG]

4. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    Yeah I can actually carry it more easily in my pocket, I have smaller traditionals that weigh more. I would have liked the red but seems black is the only color wallyworld has. This one is devoid of clips and studs,and if you dont mind larger knives quite pocketable. Everything is nicely rounded,and for 20 bucks a dang good bargain imho.

5. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Thank you very much Sir .

Harry

6. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Ah Stuart - magnificent!

Duckdog likes this.
  7. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Took the girls on a 276 mile road trip today doing the loop all the way around Mt St Helens. I first saw it 27 years ago when everything still looked like the moon. I’m always amazed how much it gets greener every year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course I had to have some Wisconsin salami cheese after a little hike:D

[​IMG]

8. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
  9. WolfyW

WolfyW

Oct 28, 2017
    Wow! I love that pic. A beautiful knife doing chores. Hope the knuckle heals quick.

10. cut it out

cut it out Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2010
  11. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Each morning I slip a Victorinox Waiter or Compact into my left pocket, and I choose a single-bladed slipjoint for my right. More often than not, this humble 15 gets the nod.

4730AE7A-2553-454E-9E56-93AFE8521292.jpeg

12. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Perfect, thin, light slicing machine #82 Possum Skinner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Been taking a bunch of these apart lately.
    0058F461-EC6F-43B1-A90C-F01239E560C4.jpeg

14. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    I like my Roundhead, carry a Benchmade, most often a full-size Griptilian with M4 steel in my strongside front pocket, whichever traditional I'm using for the day in a slip alongside my wallet and the Roundhead in my vest pocket.
    I really want one of the Shufflers in damasteel with custom covers, G10 for the bolster and purple bone.
    My "carry" at the moment, playing Assassins Creed Black Flag.
    20190825_184311-734x700.jpg

15. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    That's one beautiful knife being put to good use.

SVTFreak likes this.
  16. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Thank you. It's an apostle P 74. A very generous member here sold it to me when I was looking for a 74.

17. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Tomorrow’s carry and one of my few no worries work horses . Developing some nice character and a joy to carry and use. Case did a great job on this canoe:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

18. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thanks Steve!!! Great shot (as usual) of your Churchill today!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
    Thank you very much kind Sir!!! I am looking forward to viewing your next beauty Gev!:thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:
    One word Stuart; WOW!!! Maybe two; Awesome!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
    Thank you Ron!!! I have a soft spot for the old fellas...:rolleyes: Beautiful stag on your marvelous Sheffield Lamb!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    Thanks a bunch Harvey!!! It certainly looks like you have the best of Sheffield today; old and new, quite wonderful!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
    Very cool David; my first serious cutter was the great grandfather to your new slicer!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    Extraordinary image of an outstanding knife; well done!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Laurelbb, cigarrodog, Duckdog and 5 others like this.
  19. Falling_rain

Falling_rain

May 24, 2012
    Thanks for the comments!

JJ Cahill likes this.