What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Classic beauty!
Congrats on those superb new knives, Rachel! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, GT. They won't look new for long. ;)
MpJhQo0.jpg

Classic beauty!

Thanks, GT. They won't look new for long. ;)
MpJhQo0.jpg
I wonder if purple onions might speed that up.... :)

A Ben Hogan might be the perfect onion slicer....

edited to remove forum violation.... thanks cut!

Last edited:
Nice pair, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: That Bull Buster takes flaming stag to a whole new realm! :p

Very cool to see your first stockman, Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup: That must be at least 10 years old! :p

- GT

Well, the dealer said it was a very rare, orangey stag.:D
Yeah, 10 sounds about right. They said they had done all they could for me in high school in ‘75, and packed me off to the University of Illinois. Math is tough, so let’s just go with 10 years old!;)

Thanks, buddy!

Speaking of kollidge, I have a nephew and niece who graduated from your school. One of them was a finance major, so he ~might~ have been under your tutelage. I will ask next time I see them!

Last edited:
I think Case did a great job on that whole series. I've got the Tribal Lock and the Mini Trapper and they are both excellent.

My Lloyd Trapper is back on pocket duty today. Sorry about the bite out of my Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich. I was hungry!;)
w7BUSAo.jpg

I've got a crew here removing my cracked and heaving garage floor. Lots of jack hammering going on. They're promising they'll have a new floor in this week. Fingers crossed.
OAiRMNI.jpg
That breakfast sure looks good especially with that Lloyd Trapper:thumbsup:
There doing construction behind my place so I know how you feel with all the banging going on . I’ve just been informed due to the heat wave they'll be starting earlier all week instead of 7am :eek: around 5am

Today it's just these two... my new Grohmann mini DH Russell in carbon steel, and the SAK soldier that seems to find its way into my cargo pocket every day as the "back-up".
Had you told me, even as recently as 2 months ago, that I would feel odd without an SAK in my pocket, I would have laughed. They have a way of growing on you.... I think it's a subversive plot by those crafty Swiss.... ( I have three more gently used ones coming my way.... lol)

today%20tote_zpsmdtek7rf.jpg

Pretty pastoral picture of your I*XL Barlow, Dean. :thumbsup::cool::cool: (When I was a kid, we'd sometimes swim at a place called Shady Shores, a name that could apply to that pond. ;))

Thanks for the very kind words, Dean. :) My '47 stockman has a shield that looks like the shield on one of your knives, but I can't remember which one (whiskey bone teardrop??); at any rate, the shield definitely contributes to the appeal of each knife!

Definitely a looker, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I wonder how many covers the red shield is used on?

- GT

Thank you, Gary! Yes, the whiskey bone line of knives has the same shield as your '47; I like the subtlety of that shield (pewter!) The red I like because it says, "Look at me!" :)

Today it's just these two... my new Grohmann mini DH Russell in carbon steel, and the SAK soldier that seems to find its way into my cargo pocket every day as the "back-up".
Had you told me, even as recently as 2 months ago, that I would feel odd without an SAK in my pocket, I would have laughed. They have a way of growing on you.... I think it's a subversive plot by those crafty Swiss.... ( I have three more gently used ones coming my way.... lol)

today%20tote_zpsmdtek7rf.jpg
This Grohmann is great!
Totally agree on not feeling right without an SAK, although a good TL-29 or scout/camper will get ya through, too.
Just yesterday, I smoked a big pork loin, and wanted to open a can of pineapple chunks for a little sweet ‘n sour action. Our cute little battery powered can opener is about shot, so out came the SAK.

Nice Cattle knife, my friend!

Just because it's Monday doesn't mean one can't tote some color.

wkGoYau.jpg

7zrb1TA.jpg

- Stuart
Well Stuart those two certainly brightened up my day! :thumbsup: :)

Lovely pair, Stuart.

@5K Qs - Thank you kindly, GT. It’s a pair of all seasons:))) Bombas Sox.

@JJ Cahill - Thank you JJ. Such a great duo. Love the jigging and slant bolsters on the Stockman. The Stag covers on the Hawkbill are oh-Lala.:thumbsup:

View attachment 1185644
Harvey that is an excellent photo of that Peachseed TC my friend! :thumbsup: :)

Back