What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

32054403317_91c2d7228a_k.jpg

Love your 54, Ron, and the WCLF aint bad either.

Either of these could fit the bill for a one-knife man, and I suspect that the Camillus was.
a2b62a26-d788-4063-a94b-5f4d65590a2f-jpeg.1191366
Thanks for the compliment Jeff! :) By the way, it’s a 53, which is the 54’s first cousin! ;) I totally agree with you. Your EO Camillus Jack could definitely be an “Only Knife”! :D

Can't seem to keep up with my favorite threads lately. :( Most, if not all, of the posts quoted here are from yesterday so I guess that's not SO bad, especially for day-late-and-dollar-short GT. :rolleyes:

Today with A. Wright in Ebony, "Guardians 18".:):thumbsup:
For this wooden Wednesday I decided to give the ebony Buffalo Jack some time out of the house. This was my first GEC, IIRC, and it is still a "go to"....
View attachment 1190676 It used to annoy me that a previous caretaker cut those crude easy opener notches on the old Eagle Jack. I ground out and polished the one furthest from the pivots to make it a bit more symmetrical, but there’s really little to be done in the way of making them more attractive. Like they say, “I cut it twice, and it’s still too short”.
However, that previous owner USED this knife, and did what he had to do to make it work. And the sharpening loss in the blades is a far cry from grinder abuse. This knife was carried and used for a long time, and I smile every time I use it.
Interesting how both have the same shield on cocobolo.View attachment 1190677Have a good Woodnesday!
Black is Beautiful
GEC #15
Black knives are the Best knives
Back in Black! :p:D
The bounty of black knives toted and posted today bullied me into totin' this old friend. Keen Kutter jumbo jack (1870-1940):
- Stuart
My daughter wanted to pick at least one and so she picked what she though was one of my prettiest. That paired with my Waynorth Lambfoot in Ebony make for a good looking duo.
Black is back
Honestly this has been in my pocket all day, because it’s Wednesday! I wasn’t influenced by the previous posts. But great minds...
I thought maybe I had missed a couple of days and it was already Friday when all these black knives started showing up!! :eek::rolleyes: But I guess a lot of you are clever and can use the same knife for Wooden Wednesday AND Black Friday!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That's a great set today. Though I have no idea who makes pants with enough pockets to hold all that! ;)
Chris, I've switched to carrying quite a few of my knives for the week in a backpack that's almost always with me and/or in a fannypack I'll wear on the bus. But I do have a Minichamp and another SAK of some kind hanging from a suspension clip on the back edge of LFP, and my "retirement" Alox Solo in a little compartment formed by a safety pin along the front edge of my LFP. I usually have a knife with a bail attached to the keyring in my RFP, a lmabsfoot in a slip in the bottom of RFP, and a couple of knives in my watch pocket. I almost always wear carpenter pants, so I have a big knife in the long tool pocket on the right leg, and in the smaller outer tool pocket is a little nylon pouch containing my bus pass and my peanut-like knife for the week. So I have at least 8 or 9 in my pants pockets. I also almost always wear suspenders and discovered that I can wear a horizontal belt sheath holding 2 knives vertically between each suspender strap and the front of my shirt, so that gives me 4 more knives on my person (unless I have wide suspenders on that the sheaths won't fit). :D:rolleyes::thumbsup:

That's a beauty right there, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :)

Thanks Gary, the #43 is my main Large blade knife these days and the older ones still get used for the smaller tasks and for enjoyment as well :thumbsup:

Your selection this week is top notch !
Thanks for answering my nosy question, and for assessing my knives favorably! :):cool:

A couple of woodies today

Sword Brand Jack and a WN

jXHRVJU.jpg
Terrific timber twosome, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I'm afraid I haven't had much chance to use it as a reamer yet, GT. It has come in handy a few times when sharpening pencils. After using the blade to expose the lead, the punch makes a good scraper for refining the point.
AJr0ngO.jpg

It's not as pointy as the one on the 2016 Forum Knife "Drover" but the side edge is very sharp. and using it to scrape stuff saves the blade edges.
Thanks for the reply, Rachel, including some uses for awls that I haven't tried yet. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: When I'm doing bus-stop whittling, I'll often use a blade to do some scraping to get a smoother finish, but maybe the edge of a punch would work better.

Thank you, Gary, your Painted Desert Rough Rider is very handsome! :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jeff. :) I'm not a huge fan of acrylic covers, but Rough Rider's Painted Desert and Faux Tortoise both please me. :thumbsup::cool:

Schrade Muskrat today.
YhNQvjE.jpg
You sure have a lot of satisfying and solid Old Timers!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT, funny how a knife can just grab hold of your pocket! :D Quality quartet my friend, and four great pics :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the positive comments, Jack. :)

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. I love your Okapi.

777A87CA-41A7-4E1D-8389-64BF82F7DF41_zpsk9efcop6.jpeg
Thanks for the Okapi props, Harvey. :) You should get one; there are several models and sizes available from a number of vendors and I think they might still be single-digit priced.
Stunning Magrittesque photo!! ;):cool::cool:

Very nice Canoes, Gary! I'm looking at Canoes and Sowbellies now and am conflicted which one to get first. :(:eek:

Thank you, Gary. I've had the Pocket Eze over 20 years (I think); it is Queen made and is a true Wharncliffe knife (Wharncliffe main, dogleg pattern) in ATS-34. I've posted it before. One more fact, I dropped it shortly after I got it and it sustained a hairline crack on the pile side. :(
Given that you have an affinity for the stockman pattern, I'd recommend that you see how the sowbelly variation compares to some of your favorite stockman models. :thumbsup:;) There always seem to be lots of canoe models around.
Thanks for the info about your Wharncliffe Pocket-Eze :cool:; I'm apparently not as good about remembering knives as I think I am. :rolleyes:

Stag Stockman from the Case XX USA era.
Stellar vintage stag stockman, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Attachments

• blk&silver.vert.closed.jpg
    blk&silver.vert.closed.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 2
Had to split my post because of excessive length, so here is the rest of it.
Thank you GT, Presidentials are special knives.

The Farmer is dark green, oftentimes my pics do not do the colors justice. I’ll take a pic with better lighting later today. It was part of a trade w JaxBaron, and I really took to it after my Pioneer (which was black) was shamefully stolen. The Farmer and Presidential have become a nice pair.
Alox Farmer combination with Presidential again.

GT, 5K Qs 5K Qs not sure the green comes out like it should and I didn’t doctor the photo, other than size.

View attachment 1191110
Thanks for the extra Farmer pic, JB; that must be quite a dark green (but I think I've seen that color offered by one or more dealers). :cool::cool::thumbsup: Sorry someone made off with your black Pioneer; that was the first Alox Vic I ever bought, and I enjoy pairing it up with a silver Electrician or Farmer, or a red or silver Cadet. Quite a lot of blade redundancy, but it sure LOOKS cool! ;):cool::cool:
View attachment 1191643

This Orange jigged bone 66 is on day 5:thumbsup:
Here's a pic for Charlie, your gift is in this picture Charlie:)
x8QNNd.jpg
Is 5 days in a row unusual for a single knife for you, Paul?
And at first I thought you had a fireplace on your patio, built into the side of the building! That would be a wonderful feature to have :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:, but I guess your is just a window. :rolleyes:

This was yesterday
M7DyzRK.jpg

Really into the shape on this one. And it made me miss my Lambsfoot. So I had to bring it along for today.
6EHAk9w.jpg

Joe
Joe, I have a Carhartt mini trapper (thanks, John) and a rosewood lambsfoot just like yours, and I think they are excellent, no-nonsense knives! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Gary!!! Your 4 for today look mighty fine; great posing and photographs of these beauties:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
My two Thursday totes will be a couple classic workers that have put some time in; a late 40s Camillus scout and a late 60s Case Barlow.:)
Thanks for the kindness, JJ. :) My photos seem to turn out better if I get my knives into some outdoorsy backgrounds like rocks, trees, or water.
Your pair of working knives is very appealing! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

These canoes are magnificent Gary.;):thumbsup:
I appreciate your saying so, José. :)

Today with GEC #15 in Rust Red Jigged Bone.:):thumbsup:
Very attractive red jigged bone jack, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Chris, I've switched to carrying quite a few of my knives for the week in a backpack that's almost always with me and/or in a fannypack I'll wear on the bus. But I do have a Minichamp and another SAK of some kind hanging from a suspension clip on the back edge of LFP, and my "retirement" Alox Solo in a little compartment formed by a safety pin along the front edge of my LFP. I usually have a knife with a bail attached to the keyring in my RFP, a lmabsfoot in a slip in the bottom of RFP, and a couple of knives in my watch pocket. I almost always wear carpenter pants, so I have a big knife in the long tool pocket on the right leg, and in the smaller outer tool pocket is a little nylon pouch containing my bus pass and my peanut-like knife for the week. So I have at least 8 or 9 in my pants pockets. I also almost always wear suspenders and discovered that I can wear a horizontal belt sheath holding 2 knives vertically between each suspender strap and the front of my shirt, so that gives me 4 more knives on my person (unless I have wide suspenders on that the sheaths won't fit). :D:rolleyes::thumbsup:

- GT

Ha ha ha ha ha! That is awesome! My head is spinning. It’s nearly as complex as your rotation schedule! Kudos, sir :)

Is 5 days in a row unusual for a single knife for you, Paul?
And at first I thought you had a fireplace on your patio, built into the side of the building! That would be a wonderful feature to have :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:, but I guess your is just a window. :rolleyes:

- GT
Gary, of late 6 days as of today is a bit unusual, say compared to the almost 14 months straight that I carried my 2013 Clip/pen Ebony TC.
Now, that would be neat if that window was a fireplace;):thumbsup:

I meant to compliment you on one of your many Canoes you were totin last week. It had very unique and different covers and was one I hadn't seen beforeo_O

Back