What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Some much needed vacation time , quality IPA’s mixed with quality time . This is what happens :oops::D
To no effect of the above ;) Three of my #29’s thanks to some great dealers and Gec all have main blades that are flush at the half stop with some even including the secondary :thumbsup:
sXZg3Su.jpg

Three of my #29’s thanks to some great dealers and Gec all have main blades that are flush at the half stop with some even including the secondary :thumbsup:
That's quite interesting as I just checked mine and all 3 blades are flush! Who woulda thunk; thanks for the tip!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

The Northwoods Presidential is one of the very few Northwoods knives that has had great appeal to me. I think they were produced before my time here though. Wonderful looking knives and they often elicit adoration from me whenever I see them posted here.

Thanks Dylan, I thought the Indian River Jack (2014 - Queen) might be “the one” for me. It’s good, but has enough f&f issues that it’s not. Could have saved me a lot of cash if it had been.

Funny thing, I looked back at my spreadsheet and it says I bought Presidentials on or around 5/18/14 and 4/12/15. Not sure if the run was split, but I believe I hemmed and hawed over the second one for a while - the seller site used to say how many of them were left in stock since they were not unique.

Hope this isn’t too much of a derail - I know it really belongs elsewhere, but a little context from my POV.

That's quite interesting as I just checked mine and all 3 blades are flush! Who woulda thunk; thanks for the tip!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
It’s always to good to find out sooner then later ;)
Don’t know why but I noticed it within minutes of handling my first one. But have looked for it as my radar was on for my next arrivals :thumbsup:
You just might have the only ones made by GEC with all 3 blades flush at the half stop:eek: who woulda thunk :D Personally never seen that before even on customs.
Do you have a SFO or ?

Last edited:
Another pristine and pleasing pair, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Are you about 100 years old and bought most of your knives when they first came out, or are you just patient, picky, and persistent looking for minty knives on the secondary market?? :eek::D:thumbsup:
Ha, ha, thanks Gary; sometimes I feel that old though the latter may be a more accurate description!!!:rolleyes:
Triumphant trio you have today with your GEC performing an outstanding job of meal prep!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Y’all have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

48682228678_c5a285cf8a_b_d.jpg
Extremely attractive GEC couple you have Ron; very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Carrying these two today :) :thumbsup:
Amazing pair of totes Jack; your Ulster has a very interesting punch that looks like an old Robeson design, awesome!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Thank you JJ. Your two knives are as beautiful as the day they originally went on sale. Impressive.
Thank you Harvey!!! The shot of your lambfoot is a real 3D stunner; another marvelous sight!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Quite a lovely photograph of you wonderful Laguiole En Aubrac!!!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Ulster-Official-BSA-SS.jpg

Another good day to pocket a stainless pocketknife, this time an old Official BSA by Ulster. OH
Almost impossible to beat the trusty old BSA scout knife; quite possibly my favorite pattern! Hang tough out there Bruce!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Digging this maple 29 today :)

wYsu7eV.jpg
Classic combo of maple covers with the maple leaf; quite a gorgeous representative of an outstanding pattern!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread earlier today, but it's been in my pocket since about 9 this morning.

4C0oFO9.jpg
Very cool butter and molasses covers on you wonderful Shapleigh DE, Jeff; can't beat the old traditional beauties!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It’s always to good to find out sooner then later ;)
Don’t know why but I noticed it within minutes of handling my first one. But have looked for it as my radar was on for my next arrivals :thumbsup:
You just might have the only ones made by GEC with all 3 blades flush at the half stop:eek: who woulda thunk :D Personally never seen that before even on customs.
Do you have a SFO or ?
Very true, I've only seen that on a couple of vintage knives! I've got a "General Issue" in the Osage wood and am very impressed on all fronts; it also seems to have an incredible grind!:eek:

Very true, I've only seen that on a couple of vintage knives! I've got a "General Issue" in the Osage wood and am very impressed on all fronts; it also seems to have an incredible grind!:eek:
I love my Osage wood although it has the weakest walk and talk on the main blade out of all my 29’s . Not a deal breaker but probably about a 4 pull and light on the close. From what I’ve seen most of the early releases being the Osage wood were pretty much the weakest on the walk and talk . But with that being said I bet since all 3 blades on yours are flush at the half stop Gec didn’t stop there and I’m guessing yours is about a 6 and a snappy one at that :)

The main is a bit lighter than the secondary blades; about a 5 main and 6's on the other two. Very happy all round!:)

The main is a bit lighter than the secondary blades; about a 5 main and 6's on the other two. Very happy all round!:)
Gec knocked these 29’s out of the park !
Each run seemed to get better and better in the walk and talk area on the main blade . Fit and finish is remarkable on all of mine but I think my Maple leaf SFO is the best all around although it’s my favorite so I might be a little bias lol .

Gec knocked these 29’s out of the park !
Each run seemed to get better and better in the walk and talk area on the main blade . Fit and finish is remarkable on all of mine but I think my Maple leaf SFO is the best all around although it’s my favorite so I might be a little bias lol .
I agree, the maple covers with the maple leaf is an awesome combination; they definitely hit a home run! ;)

Lost my quotes...:(

Can't pass on these two though...

For Friday my totes are a couple with black covers; a Remington jack from the early 1930s and a NYKCo 75th BSA anniversary (1985) scout by Schrade.:D

Great-looking pair :thumbsup:

I'm stepping out on Friday with these two :) Have a good Friday folks, the weekend is almost upon us ;) :thumbsup:

dG5O7mu.jpg

duP1AJR.jpg

Back