What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

The one in the middle today.
199D82AD-B3CE-4D33-81C0-1BE619FC32FD_zpsrujc6zvl.jpeg

Thats interesting as I was "on the fence" between Catt and Robeson, though my first impulse was Robeson based on the bolsters; quite a beauty Nick!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks JJ! I wouldn’t be able to tell by the bolsters, how do you tell? It does have steel bolsters which I prefer over NS because they develop a warmer patina in my opinion.

@SteveC Your 72 is so nice to look at, love it!

@Gevonovich Beautiful HSB Gev, that shield...:thumbsup:

cigarrodog cigarrodog I love your knives but I’d really like to take a ride in your time machine!

Empire for Sunday.

Just got back from my local sporting goods store. It was really nice to be able to hand pick a knife. I left with this little jewel :)
Case Mini copper lock in Amber Peach seed jig bone. Normally I’m not a back lock fan but fell in love with this one after getting it in my hand. It’s the first lock back I’ve handled without any up or down play or side to side. It’s rock solid! Really like the long nail nick and it can be pinched open. Feels very good in hand for a small knife and is very light.This one I probably could carry without a leather slip but found a really nice Hitch & Timber in my box of slips that fits like it was made for it.
Case has really became one of my go to traditionals. But they are hit or miss buying online. But tell you what when you can hand pick one out I don’t think they can be beat bang for the buck :thumbsup:
9BCBXLy.jpg

ixQBwd6.jpg

I2qtEHE.jpg

5M0lgmn.jpg

Just got back from my local sporting goods store. It was really nice to be able to hand pick a knife. I left with this little jewel :)
Case Mini copper lock in Amber Peach seed jig bone. Normally I’m not a back lock fan but fell in love with this one after getting it in my hand. It’s the first lock back I’ve handled without any up or down play or side to side. It’s rock solid! Really like the long nail nick and it can be pinched open. Feels very good in hand for a small knife and is very light.This one I probably could carry without a leather slip but found a really nice Hitch & Timber in my box of slips that fits like it was made for it.
Case has really became one of my go to traditionals. But they are hit or miss buying online. But tell you what when you can hand pick one out I don’t think they can be beat bang for the buck :thumbsup:
9BCBXLy.jpg

ixQBwd6.jpg

I2qtEHE.jpg

5M0lgmn.jpg

Great looking knife & real nice pictures mate.
Thanks for sharing.
Mitch

Thank you Gary!!! It's very hard to beat the old pre WWII jigging! I like the MAM liner lock slightly better than the Opinel twist lock, more intuitive.:rolleyes:
Great foursome you put together today! I'm looking forward to seeing your BB Win sowbelly too!!!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the replies and the compliments, JJ. :) I finally took some photos of my Black Box sowbelly on Saturday, but still have to "process" them to try and find a few that are "post-worthy." :rolleyes:

After viewing the Catt beauty of @Ramrodmb today, I grabbed for these two from Cattaraugus to tote for today; a Whit-L-Craft scout and a cocobolo spey jack.:D
That Whit-L-Craft is amazing! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I remember that, early in my time at BF, someone posted an original ad for Whit-L-Craft that I thought was such an intriguing artifact!

Missing a day here has left me hopelessly behind, so I'll just throw in my carry, and wish everyone a good Friday ;) :thumbsup:
Lucy and the Navaja are an impressive pair, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary, this is a coin known as the "Cruzado" (400 Reis) of 1816.;):thumbsup:
Thanks for the info about your 200-year-old coin!!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Wonderful canoes Gary, as I have none, after seeing them, I will think about buying a canoe.;):thumbsup:
Thanks, José; I hope you get one and will find it very pleasant! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today with Victorinox alox Kingfisher two color serialized (97/100).;):thumbsup:
Your blue/orange Pioneer is a handsome knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That S&M is a real beauty! :cool: :thumbsup:
GEC Ebony #78 for Black Friday
Thanks, John; I can see why you're taken by my S&M ebony spearpoint, and I by this knife of yours! ;):cool::cool:

I'll let him know the next time I talk to him :thumbsup:
Thanks, Steve. :) I'll bet I haven't seen a post from SAK Guy for a couple of years.

Only a Canoe Connoisseur would call a Jack Knife “‘miscellaneous”!:D
Ebony and Nifebrite,
Robeson and GEC,
It’s complicated. Sort of a gray area, if you will. Not everything is black and white!:DView attachment 1195587View attachment 1195588
Guilty as charged, Jeff! :rolleyes::D
That's a first class black/white pair, Jeff; the EO ebony is especially covetable! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Smashing line-up Gary, but I particularly like that big Barlow :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. Even if that was the ONLY knife I carried, I think I'd need my wide suspenders to keep my pants up! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The SwissTank is helping me wrangle two new dachshund pups.
Those dogs are cute, but they look like double trouble to me! :cool::thumbsup::cool:;)

Great set of knives there, Gary. Now I know which canoe infected, I mean, interested you in that pattern! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Thank you for your comments, Gary. I use my Vic Classic toothpick every day (I even have a bag of spare toothpicks for my Classics).

Like Jack, I think your Remington Big Daddy Barlow is stupendous.
Thanks for your thoughtful comments, Dean. :) The pen blade on the barlow really grabs me for some reason.

My circa 2000 Buck Cadet for old friends and black Friday. This was my EDC for year or two in the early 2000s. It is a 3-spring stockman and is very well made.
That's a handsome Cadet, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. As always, your knives look fantastic.
I always appreciate your comments, Harvey.

Harness Jack and a #10 today
That's a cool pair with many similarities, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My EDC Quartet:
2019.8.EDC.open.jpg

- GT

9BCBXLy.jpg

ixQBwd6.jpg

I2qtEHE.jpg

5M0lgmn.jpg
Looks mighty fine Ed :thumbsup::cool: every time someone shows this model it hurts a wee bit. I gave my one and only Chestnut bone to a fellow at work that I thought was a friend,he turned around and sold it to one of the other bus drivers at the time. I know, get over it you old bugger!! :D

Last edited:
Looks mighty fine Ed :thumbsup::cool: every time someone shows this model it hurts a wee bit. I gave my only one a Chestnut bone to a fellow at work that I thought was a friend,he turned around and sold it to one of the other bus drivers at the time. I know, get over it you old bugger!! :D
Thanks Dave :)
Ughhh that’s messed up that he did that!!

9BCBXLy.jpg

ixQBwd6.jpg

I2qtEHE.jpg

5M0lgmn.jpg
Really nice color on that one. I prefer picking them out in person, too.

Back