What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    The one in the middle today.
    [​IMG]

2. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    I toted one of the best little knives around today and that ain't no sheep.
    [​IMG]

3. kai76

kai76

Jun 5, 2009
    Thanks JJ! I wouldn’t be able to tell by the bolsters, how do you tell? It does have steel bolsters which I prefer over NS because they develop a warmer patina in my opinion.

@SteveC Your 72 is so nice to look at, love it!

@Gevonovich Beautiful HSB Gev, that shield...:thumbsup:

@cigarrodog I love your knives but I’d really like to take a ride in your time machine!

Empire for Sunday.
    [​IMG]

4. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
  5. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Just got back from my local sporting goods store. It was really nice to be able to hand pick a knife. I left with this little jewel :)
    Case Mini copper lock in Amber Peach seed jig bone. Normally I’m not a back lock fan but fell in love with this one after getting it in my hand. It’s the first lock back I’ve handled without any up or down play or side to side. It’s rock solid! Really like the long nail nick and it can be pinched open. Feels very good in hand for a small knife and is very light.This one I probably could carry without a leather slip but found a really nice Hitch & Timber in my box of slips that fits like it was made for it.
    Case has really became one of my go to traditionals. But they are hit or miss buying online. But tell you what when you can hand pick one out I don’t think they can be beat bang for the buck :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Laurelbb

Laurelbb Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    c
    cool pencil ruler level, the knife's not bad either :)

7. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Harvey. :)

cigarrodog likes this.
  8. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    True. A good Case knife is a great knife. :cool: :thumbsup:

9. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    For sure I even had my eye on a nice Boker that was another great example but this little girl won. I really like being able to hand pick one and it opens up avenues I wouldn’t want to gamble on buying online.

10. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Thanks. Also flathead and phillips screwdriver and stylus for the phone.

Laurelbb likes this.
  11. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    1CEFB482-B36C-4FD8-82DC-2580CB3C4C1A.jpeg C20553BE-4D94-4667-8A32-7897318313FC.jpeg

Ain’t no Barlow like a red Barlow!

12. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    Great looking knife & real nice pictures mate.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Mitch

TheFactor likes this.
  13. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Thank you Mitch :)

-Ed

mitch13 likes this.
  14. Dschal

Dschal

Mar 18, 2016
    Again today.
    [​IMG]

15. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks for the replies and the compliments, JJ. :) I finally took some photos of my Black Box sowbelly on Saturday, but still have to "process" them to try and find a few that are "post-worthy." :rolleyes:

That Whit-L-Craft is amazing! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I remember that, early in my time at BF, someone posted an original ad for Whit-L-Craft that I thought was such an intriguing artifact!

Lucy and the Navaja are an impressive pair, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the info about your 200-year-old coin!!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, José; I hope you get one and will find it very pleasant! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your blue/orange Pioneer is a handsome knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, John; I can see why you're taken by my S&M ebony spearpoint, and I by this knife of yours! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks, Steve. :) I'll bet I haven't seen a post from SAK Guy for a couple of years.

Guilty as charged, Jeff! :rolleyes::D
    That's a first class black/white pair, Jeff; the EO ebony is especially covetable! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Jack. Even if that was the ONLY knife I carried, I think I'd need my wide suspenders to keep my pants up! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Those dogs are cute, but they look like double trouble to me! :cool::thumbsup::cool:;)

Thanks for your thoughtful comments, Dean. :) The pen blade on the barlow really grabs me for some reason.

That's a handsome Cadet, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I always appreciate your comments, Harvey.

That's a cool pair with many similarities, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My EDC Quartet:
    2019.8.EDC.open.jpg

- GT

16. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Looks mighty fine Ed :thumbsup::cool: every time someone shows this model it hurts a wee bit. I gave my one and only Chestnut bone to a fellow at work that I thought was a friend,he turned around and sold it to one of the other bus drivers at the time. I know, get over it you old bugger!! :D

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  17. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    My mouth actually watered a little bit when I saw those Barlows, Greg. [​IMG]

More often than not, this has been in my pocket lately.
    [​IMG]

18. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks Dave :)
    Ughhh that’s messed up that he did that!!

dc50 likes this.
  19. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    These 2 again today .
    [​IMG]

Harry

20. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Really nice color on that one. I prefer picking them out in person, too.

Duckdog, dc50 and cigarrodog like this.