What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Great choices, Gary! Rough Rider seems to pick great stag. :thumbsup:

2. RDaneel

Apr 23, 2000
    Sunday stockman. Case calls this Walnut bone, so I had some walnuts.

[​IMG]

3. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Stuart, it’s good to see a Rem 1100 with a wood stock. Seems this day and age you hardly see them getting used.

It’s raining and absolutely cruddy in the Pacific NW today so I figured this Victorinox would be. A good choice.

[​IMG]

4. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! Same back at you buddy! :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful peaches Dave! :thumbsup: Those will be so wonderful during the dead of winter! Beautiful HHB my friend! :thumbsup: :)

Purely inspirational my friend! :thumbsup: :)

I’m loving it all Stuart! :thumbsup: The 1100, the knives and the quality time with your son! It doesn’t get much better my friend! :thumbsup: :cool:

Welcome to you and your #38 Grinling! :thumbsup: :)

Jack Black, Dschal, TFBraden and 5 others like this.
  5. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    This 78 just returned from GEC. They fixed some looseness in the pivot that was caused by the user error. I thought it was cool that they returned a broken knife in better than new condition.[​IMG]

6. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    I’m sitting here watching the Titans and the Colts. So, I’m not really totin in the truest sense of the term. I’ve got a Gem watching the game with me. If I’m not careful I’ll be spending more time looking at this beautiful knife than the screen! ;) I hope y’all have a blessed Sunday! :thumbsup: :D

[​IMG]

7. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, Ron :thumbsup: Tomatoes are next :D
    IMG_1723.JPG

8. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    The sports go over my head I'm afraid Ron:D But I know a Gem when I see one, etch or no etch ;) Fact is, there is no dud in the 38 range, always a more than cool pattern and the Farmer's Jack is a big favourite of mine. We have @wlfryjr to thank for this:cool:

Regards, Will

Cutfinger likes this.
  9. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    I totally agree Will! :thumbsup: The #38 Farmer’s Jack in all their varieties, IMHO, are very significant knives from Great Eastern Cutlery! Definitely the influence of Lyle @wlfryjr and Charlie @waynorth played a significant role in their production! :)

10. JB in LV

JB in LV

May 20, 2016
    I have been pairing different knives with the Farmer recently. Buck 301 Forum Knife this past week.

06F13D18-CA56-4646-9801-04B8394D5B8A.jpeg

11. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Last year's Forum Knife was also a gem, great steel, interesting blade arrangement and very reasonable cost, very keen on mine anyway.:thumbsup:

JB in LV likes this.
  12. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    That is excellent service. Great looking 78 too.

[​IMG]

13. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    This S&M Heritage Series spear and pen jack with steel liners and pins. Dense ebony scales just felt right as a Sunday carry for me. The beaded pouches were found at a trading post some 10 years ago and I gifted them to my wife. They aren't used as knife pouches, that might land me in hot water.:D ebony jack - 1.jpg

14. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Found this at a fairly cheap price on the Bay. Was not all that well cared for but with a tiny bit of TLC and a touch of dye on the scales the real beauty of this knife came out and makes it one of my best. Polishing paste removed scuffs from bolsters and the F&F is superb. This is right up there with my #77 Barlow and my Washington Jack. I'll be totin' this for a while.
    IMG_1650.JPG

[​IMG]

15. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I’m guessing made by Schrade? Great looking knife, and I’ve heard it said that Schrade did the best job on jigged delrin.:thumbsup:
    Fantastic!

Me too~ round two on canning ‘maters.
    I have been gardening since I was a teen, and have never had a better year for tomatoes. Having a horse stable 1/2 mile away is a beautiful thing!

Cutfinger likes this.
  16. RDaneel

Apr 23, 2000
    oops, duplicate.

17. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Another sowbelly. IMG_1019-1024x790.JPG

18. RDaneel

Apr 23, 2000
    That is a great photo (and that is a grail knife for me). :thumbsup::thumbsup:

315 likes this.
  19. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Thank you. It is indeed a schrade.

20. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @JJ Cahill - Thank you JJ. Wonderful pair of Swiss Slicers.:thumbsup:

@Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Never ever tire seeing your HH Barlow.:):thumbsup:

@dc50 Your HH Barlow image is peachy keen, Dave.

@Ramrodmb - Two splendid images, Mark. The top one is sublime.

@JohnDF- John, your Tidioute Image is texturific.

@Gevonovich - What a lovely arrangement. Wonderful words to live by, too.

@joeradza - Alan, I do believe that I’ve never seen one of your knives, that was less than a work of art. The same goes for your images.

@Cutfinger - Long ago, I once fronted a band, sang and played blues harmonicas, yet never saw one dissected. Beautiful image.

@Duckdog - Gorgeous Parker, Stuart.

@sunknife - Those beaded pouches brought back fond memories of family car trips out west and beaded belts, not to mention later 60s flower child apparel.