What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Lots of beautiful knives in the last several pages of this thread, and the real stand out for me is your Taylor's Eye Witness. :thumbsup: I'm so impressed by that knife Harry, what a looker! :)

I saw a video once of a Taylor's Eye Witness cutler: hafting, assembling with pins, knocking together and finishing one of those (plainer bolsters maybe), explaining what he was doing as he went along.

Michael
Thank you very much for the very kind words Michael . I think that I have 2 Barlows that were very likely assembled by the Cutler that was in that video . I am a Taylors Eye Witness fan .

Harry

1KEXA9A.jpg

T0ZZaFF.jpg

So I was going through my collection last night to pick a knife for "Thirsty Thursday" and I see my trusty little WHAT-A-KNIFE. Perfect! Classic design, Classic Company, small carry. Then I realized I really don't know anything about this little guy. Based on the tang stamp I found it was made sometime between 1989 and 2009, but I don't know anything else. Can any of you folks shed some more light on this little gem?
CLVrFEO.jpg
pAbVo6F.jpg

It's Wednesday, so why wooden't I tote these two, old and newer: Cattaraugus boy's knife (C.C.C. Little Valley, N.Y. stamp, 1886-1963, 2 5/8") in ebony and a Case fishtail lockback (P1051 1/2 L SSP, 1986, 3 3/4") in Pakkawood.

aT108Kj.jpg

yiGAasY.jpg

Arrrgh, to all y'all!
- Stuart
I agree with Nick- love the boys knife.
Always with me wherever I go!!:)View attachment 1198601
Well done, sir. Your legacy is secured.

Couple of Schrade favorites again plus a Camillus #72
vXkvO3f.jpg

Hk4mm7J.jpg

KzYlnnr.jpg

bea56Jh.jpg
Ah, another fan of the Middleman jack!

A Canoe was the only appropriate pattern for today. We're good so far, only about 5" of rain at the house between Tuesday and Wednesday. Just a few miles SE on the other side of town and into Brazoria County they were 10-17", so we feel blessed. Praying for the people in NE Harris, Chambers, Liberty,and Jefferson. They're seeing 3" to 5" an hour rainfall rates right now. Awful. Hope everyone else on BF is okay.
20190919_095500 Sized 40.jpg
20190919_095512 sized 40.jpg

Great pair Stuart; the old CCC Catt is awesome and the unique skinner blade on your Case has quite the acute point!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

My two Thursday totes are both pen knives; an EE Robeson from 1922-39 and a sleeveboard Crucible from 1926-29.:)

Thanks, JJ. You know that when I look at our posts and consider the age of the knives therein, I get the funny feeling that I'm in a time warp.

I’ve got a beauty and a beast to help with any cutting chores my Cub Cadet and Stihl won’t handle! ;) :eek:

I'm betting on the beast. Solid pair there,Ron.

A couple of Camies today :thumbsup:

RFniKYa.jpg

aikP0IV.jpg

Good golly, Miss Molly!! You came loaded for bear with those beauties, Steve.

Posted these in the alphabet thread, and figured what the heck, I'll carry them today.
OdIZhLl.jpg

What the heck, indeed. Both are nice, Gary, but that fixed blade is mesmerizing. You are giving Whetstone39 Whetstone39 a run for the money with pairings like that.

Couple of Schrade favorites again plus a Camillus #72

A terrific trio for totin'.

I agree with Nick- love the boys knife.

Thanks, Jeff, and you are totin' some solid citizens today.

A Canoe was the only appropriate pattern for today. We're good so far, only about 5" of rain at the house between Tuesday and Wednesday. Just a few miles SE on the other side of town and into Brazoria County they were 10-17", so we feel blessed. Praying for the people in NE Harris, Chambers, Liberty,and Jefferson. They're seeing 3" to 5" an hour rainfall rates right now. Awful. Hope everyone else on BF is okay.
View attachment 1199073
View attachment 1199074

That curvaceous Canoe floats my boat, Chris. Stay safe and wear good boots!

- Stuart

Happy Thursday, folks.

In anticipation of a new addition today, I've gathered a few red sawcuts together. It is one of my favorite cover materials and it's a real pity I do not have more. I may have to resolve myself to the hunt in the not so distant future. I've always been one to be content with what I can acquire and do not waste much time and thought on potential pipe dreams. That said, I may need to give one element of my collection a bit of a purposeful goal. GEC makes some fine sawcut, particularly in red.

V5Cpbv0.jpg

Back